Let It Flow/ Glastonbury 93

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

sunray
Known user

Let It Flow/ Glastonbury 93

Post by sunray »

Just a quick question that someone here hopefully knows the answer to as its puzzled and irritated me all these years, why was the full set of Glasto 93 not included in the Let it Flow CD package? Good Times, Walkin' with Jesus and I Want You were all left off plus Smiles was edited( & they got rid of the nice phased effect on the drums too!). Its not like space was an issue, there was 3 cd's to play with. Its all the more baffling when a few months after Glasto Jason was saying it was one of the greatest gigs they'd ever played, so why not make all of it available? I was at it and it was amazing, the best line-up at the peak of their powers and by far their best Glastonbury appearance imo. Anyway, maybe one of you out there can explain it to me. Cheers.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
dselevan
Known user

Re: Let It Flow/ Glastonbury 93

Post by dselevan »

I agree that it was one of the best line-ups.At least we have the video of the gig (I'm watching Smiles right now). Off the hook! The noise thing and the fireworks!
Last edited by dselevan on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

sunray wrote:Just a quick question that someone here hopefully knows the answer to as its puzzled and irritated me all these years, why was the full set of Glasto 93 not included in the Let it Flow CD package?
I've often wondered that too. I know how highly Jason rated that performance; I was also present (last time I attended Glastonbury actually) and know how well they played and how blown away the considerably large crowd were. Another odd thing was them fading the very end off Take Your Time on the Let It Flow CD set when the full recording appears on the Greenpeace double CD compilation.
sonic124
Known user

Post by sonic124 »

reason was cd singles can only be a certain lenght in time or you dont qualify for your chart placing hence crappy fades etc (remembering reading it in an interview at the time!)
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

sonic124 wrote:reason was cd singles can only be a certain lenght in time or you dont qualify for your chart placing hence crappy fades etc (remembering reading it in an interview at the time!)
Ah, i see. Thanks for that Sonic124, mystery solved. Perhaps in 5 years time they'll release a "Special 20th Anniversary Edition" CD/DVD package of the full gig. One can but dream.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five