Real Complete Works (Again, I Know)

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

ryandfl
Known user

Real Complete Works (Again, I Know)

Post by ryandfl »

I've been around here long enough to know that the Real Complete Works set comes up pretty frequently, so I apologize for bringing it up here, but I have a few questions.

1. One of my favorite Spiritualized tracks has always been Let It Flow. Live, studio, whatever, I'm into it. I was wondering why the alternate version from the "Let It Flow" singles (the 4:27 version from disc 2) wasn't included on the RCW. I'm guessing it's because the singles were still in print at the time the set was compiled, but as far as I can tell, discs 2 and 3 of the single are no longer available.
I also wanted to know whether the live version of Let It Flow from disc 4 of the RCW is the same as the version included on disc 3 of the Let It Flow single?
Anyway, I guess me root question here is, can someone toss that alternate version my way?

2. Given the above questions, and the admitted changes to the in-print/out-of-print Spiritualized landscape that has been discussed previously in this forum, is it time to overhaul the RCW set? I'm guessing we could narrow parts of it that include material from the officially-released Complete Works discs and maybe include some of the stuff that has gone out of print since the RCW's creation.
I'm sure someone has proposed this before, but I feel pretty seriously about it. We (as a community) probably possess the ability to perform some audio rips from particularly great live shows, etc., too.

I know I'm thinking big here, and probably proposing a huge task, but I think it's worth it. As far as I can tell it's been 5 years (or more) since the RCW was compiled, and maybe it could use an overhaul. I'm definitely willing/interested in being very involved if there's interest in the project.

Oh, and like I said above, anyone have that Let It Flow version?

Ryan