My Bloody Valentine Box Set

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

nickh
Known user

My Bloody Valentine Box Set

Post by nickh »

There are several links around for a My Bloody Valentine box set called The Complete MBV released on sony last year but none of the usual places (Amazon etc) are stocking it. Anybody ever seen this or owns a copy?
canucklhead07
Known user

Re: My Bloody Valentine Box Set

Post by canucklhead07 »

Was it just a rumour? I know that this was posted on a few MBV fan sites as a potential release but that's as far as I got. If it is out there I would love to get my hands on it.
Somebody please let us know!
" I don't hate you, I just feel better when you are not around.."
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

can't find the link.

yeah the now said rumor was started on my site. i received an email that seemed very detailed and legitimate. Kevin later heard about this apparent box sets and said it sounded like a nice idea. i seem to recall he said perhaps one day. so was kevin originally going to release said box sets and then chicken out? or was it just a rumor. we will never know i suspect
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
nickh
Known user

Post by nickh »

burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

no clue. i don't think the mbv hawks on my forum even found this link
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
alan_cohaul
Known user

Post by alan_cohaul »

Whoa....does anyone have any clue of what's on it?
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

What's on it? A load of thin air if it's MBV. :lol:
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

There is a REAL box set coming out 4CDs plus dvd, limited edition!! check my site, mybloodyvalentine.net/news for details
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Oh, man ... sweet. Preordered! Kindof a long registration process, but hopefully it'll be worth it. If anyone is curious, I did the currency conversion and it comes out to just over $50 including shipping to the U.S.
nickh
Known user

Post by nickh »

Did take a while but yes, just ordered mine too.

Thanks for the heads up although going to be tough having to wait until the end of June.

Still find it hard to believe they have reformed. I managed to get a couple of tickets for the Roundhouse and I can't wait for that gig either, seems a lifetime ago since I first saw them at the Greyhound in Fulham. Still makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck thinking about that night and it was twenty years ago.
alan_cohaul
Known user

Post by alan_cohaul »

How did you guys translate that Japanese stuff to buy a copy of the box set? I couldn't make out bloody heads or tales from the Japan HMV site!
nickh
Known user

Post by nickh »

alan_cohaul wrote:How did you guys translate that Japanese stuff to buy a copy of the box set? I couldn't make out bloody heads or tales from the Japan HMV site!
There is an English option on their home page, see if this link works:
http://www.hmv.co.jp/?lang=en

Good luck.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Hey Alan,
It took me awhile to find it, but there is a hyperlink that says "English" on the left side of the screen that you can click.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Shit:

Thank you for shopping with HMV.co.jp.
Release date of your following order has been postponed.

===Information===
The new release date will be noticed on the site after determination.
We'll ship the item as soon as it comes out.

[Order Number]12008083
[Catalogue Number]SICP1851
[Artist]My Bloody Valentine
[Title]My Bloody Valentine (+dvd)(Ltd)(Box)
alan_cohaul
Known user

Post by alan_cohaul »

Goddamn! I bought that box set too. You know, i'm always wary of buying things before they come out, just because of delays and people forgetting things and everything....I mean, they could "forget" about it for a month or two, and I wouldn't have a clue. I should be checking back every month or two. This is a rarity for me. I never got that message, though.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I wonder if this is going to be one of those MBV things that never happens. Could be that Amazon Japan posted the set for sale prematurely. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

did it ever have an official release date?
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

My confirmation email listed an estimated delivery date of June 25, 2008, so I'm assuming that it did have an official release date. I wonder if burningwheel can shed any light on this.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

the remastered versions of the two albums just showed up on amazon.com and their release date on there is june 17th.
ever since that set of the remastered eps was up on amazon and i watched the release date come and go and the listing eventually disappear i don't buy anything of theirs unless i see it in front of me. that said, i did buy tickets to see them.
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

TheWarmth wrote:I wonder if this is going to be one of those MBV things that never happens. Could be that Amazon Japan posted the set for sale prematurely. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
it was listed on the Sony records japan site but has since disappeared from there as well now.

I asked MBV management about it and they weren't sure, but said they'd let me know if they here anything from Kevin
alan_cohaul
Known user

Post by alan_cohaul »

Surely if it doesn't materialize, they can refund the money? I mean, i've got receipts of all the bills and all the transactions and could probably involve PayPal, right, or Amazon? I'm more worried about this being a "well, we didn't get as many orders as expected to help move this and fund it along" type of thing.
alan_cohaul
Known user

Post by alan_cohaul »

Followup: they refunded my money into my account. So the MBV box set ain't happening, folks.
nickh
Known user

Post by nickh »

That is a real shame.

Feeling pretty nervous about the Roundhouse now, I have got tickets for the last night and won't be happy until they come on stage and even then...

:?
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

How does a project like this get to the point where it's actually listed for sale on Amazon, only to then wind up in the trash bin? Annoying.
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

alan_cohaul wrote:Followup: they refunded my money into my account. So the MBV box set ain't happening, folks.
i think they only refunded your money because it's been postponed and they don't want to hold onto your money. check my mbv site for updates

i just received an emmail saying it was postponed since i used a credit card
nickh
Known user

Post by nickh »

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=813747

It's not the box set I suppose...

I'll probably buy this but, I dunno. A slightly different version to the one I have already got? Just seems a bit pointless really. Maybe would have been better to have put the album out with these analogue versions + the tremelo EP and a couple of things we hadn't heard before?

:?
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

The box set has just appeared on amazon.co.uk with a 30th june release date!

I've put in an order, so let's see what happens... If I get an "order dispatched" email I'll let you all know... :D
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

For nearly $100 you'd think Amazon could be a little more descriptive as far as what the box contains, aside from 4 cds. I think the one that I pre-ordered from the Japanese Amazon site was only $50 and was supposed to include a dvd. Of course, that order got cancelled.
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

I've ordered it from Amazon UK. They then put the release date back a week (out today folks!) and now it seems unavailable.

Don't ty and sell something that doesn't exist. Even to daft bastards like me.
ebbsandflows
Known user

Post by ebbsandflows »

Probably another 16 years then. Anyone know what's on the second CD of the remastered Loveless release? Or is this an Amazon Typo.

This extract found playing my new favourite time killing game. Search on Amazon for the best records you can think of - the ones that changed your life - and then read the 1 star reviews:

Loveless

"This is unpleasent noise from start to finish. It's got some ok melodies, but its not harmonic, it doesnt make you feel like your floating away, its not timeless, it's not... er... very good. If you don't consider yourself a music buff, and you're mildly curious, please be warned. Imagine a tape you had that had some nice, but rather inconsequential, tunes, and one day it tore up. From then on you'd be listening to a recording where you could still hear the occasional snippet or hint of a tune, but mostly it was reduced to cacophony. Imagine your frustration. If you want to replicate this feeling, buy this. Pointless. And remember, you don't have to say you like this and that you respect such works of studio experimentation just to impress your mates."
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

The Loveless 2nd disc is a remaster from the original anologue tapes by Kevin Sheilds. So... what's the 1st disc then?

The Amazon 1 star reviewer would have really enjoyed the recent Roundhouse gigs! :)
flamingrev
Known user

Post by flamingrev »

the first disc remastered from both DAT (digital audio tape) and analogue tape, and the second remastered from just analogue tape. No needless bonus cuts or anything, just two gems in all their pristine, self-contained glory.
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

I couldn't wait so bought a promo copy of the 2 disc Loveless. I'm going to be honest and say I can't tell much difference between the digital / analogue versions. Perhaps that's because I've seen them live this year and my hearing took a pounding!
flamingrev
Known user

Post by flamingrev »

Is there much difference between either remaster and the previous CD?

If there's a significant improvement, I would buy it again because it's one of my favorite albums. But I never noticed that it sounded bad either. Kinda like Psychocandy. It's supposed to sound like that.

Maybe I'll buy the remastered vinyl. I bet that will sound pretty sweet.
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

Yeah - it does sound better than the original cd.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/soft-focus-uk/kevin-shields

Not too sure if this has been posted already? I've never seen it anyway...
Enjoy
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
bruce_brobertson
Known user

Post by bruce_brobertson »

Thanks a lot, I have seen this version on Youtube, but it was only 7 or so minutes long

Kevin Sheilds is so cool
Kurious Oranj
Known user

Post by Kurious Oranj »

i got really excited watching that as kevin seemed really certain of a new album until i read

Published 3 years ago

:lol: