The A&E LPs

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

toomilk
Known user

Re: The A&E LPs

Post by toomilk »

alan_cohaul
Known user

Post by alan_cohaul »

Multi wrote:
Multi wrote:I have a package waiting for me at my Po Box and I'm hoping that it's the green vinyl because I don't remember the final charge going through on my card. If my copy is fucked up, I'm switching the sleeves with my black vinyl copy. Anyone know if this site is ever going to put any up for sale? I would hate to be shit out of luck if the package waiting for me isn't the green copy that I did order in time.
Well, I guess I'm not getting one as the package waiting for me at my po box was two new Dirtbombs 7"s. Can anyone from the site let me know if you're ever gonna have any as I really don't want to spend a $100 to get a copy.
That's funny that you mention that....check the Songs In A&E liners--Mick, Ko and Troy sing backups on "Yeah Yeah"!

I got my double green vinyl two days ago--looks and sounds fantastic! The clear green vinyl is great....feels like a heavier weight. Gatefold is cool, too. No problems on damage or anything. How many double LP's were done?

As for the music itself, it's definetely a grower. It's the most stripped down, acoustic based Spiritualized album, and I love it! There's a couple of rockers on side 2, but other than that, it's really sparse and reflective. Each Spiritualized album is different, so I just take them as they are, because Jason's intention for each one isn't accidental--it's fully meant to be that way.
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

frustratingly, i was too late to get the green vinyl, which is really frustrating when you have all the limited versions of all the other spiritualized albums. gggrrrrrrr.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

flamingrev
Known user

Post by flamingrev »

Got mine today!

The top of both sides of the gatefold are ripped open though. Gonna email Rough Trade about it.

Also, is the green supposed to match the artwork? Mine is kind of yellowy:

I don't know if that comes across in the picture. I don't have a lot of experience with vinyl, do the colors just turn out different sometimes? Is that something I should ask Rough Trade about? It doesn't really bother me, but I would like it to be proper for the amount of money this cost me.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Flamingrev ~ I've pressed colored vinyl for my band and the colors don't vary from record to record. Mine probably looks darker than yours because its resting on the black deck of my turntable. I would certainly complain about that split sleeve edge, though. Harsh. I'd be really pissed if that's the way mine had arrived.
flamingrev
Known user

Post by flamingrev »

Okay, so I looked on Ebay at some of the other pics of records and mine looks fine.

Now I just need to get RT to send me a new cover/sleeves.
Stonedutch
Known user

Post by Stonedutch »

Recieved my copy in California, and after seeing some of the damaged goods posted here, it's hard to believe mine arrived in mint condition. I thought for sure it would be tattered and banged, and when I recieved the flat cardboard package at my doorstep, I was afraid to open it. But sure enough...miracles indeed happen. Very nice addition to the collection.
"Where I stand is only three miles from space ..."
kingrich
New user

Post by kingrich »

hey all. I'm having some difficulty getting my local record store to get the A&E LP when it comes out tomorrow (in the US - California). Does anyone know who the US distributor is?
thanks
rich
-------------------------------
http://mirrors1974.bandcamp.com
flamingrev
Known user

Post by flamingrev »

Did anybody else ever get their A&E replacement sleeves? Remember the initial green vinyl shipments in which a few people got ripped up sleeves due to improper packaging? I'm still dealing with Rough Trade about this bullshit and I'm starting to get cranky. Once a month I write them, one a month they tell me that they are going to send something out. Grrrrrrr....

Latest emails are below:

Joseph,
We actually vnever got the replacement sleeves, but I will send you another copy out today.
Apologies,
Will
On 17 Oct 2008, at 17:58, Joseph Cowart wrote:

Will,

Have these sleeves been sent out yet? I need a full set of outer and inner sleeves. It's been FOUR months since you confirmed they would be replaced. I feel as though I'm being jerked around. If your hands are tied and you cannot rectify this situation (which I understand would not be your fault, you're just doing your job), could you please put me in contact with a supervisor?

Or, please ship to:
xxx

jbc

Subject: Re: Spiritualized A&E vinyl problem
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:29:21 +0100
To: flamingrev

Hi Joseph,
Sorry for how long this has taken, they are just being slow about supplying the sleeves.
I will get one out to you this week, though.
Regards,
Will
On 11 Sep 2008, at 19:51, Joseph Cowart wrote:

Hi Will,

Have these sleeves been sent out yet? I need a full set of outer and inner sleeves. It's been three months since you confirmed they would be replaced. Starting to get skeptical that this is going to happen, it shouldn't take so long to replace a product.

Please ship to:
xxx

jbc
flamingrev
Known user

Post by flamingrev »

They sent me a complete new package with the green vinyl!

I have two copies now. That feels weird.
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

Last edited by Multi on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

You're in Chicago? My band is playing tonight at Bottom Lounge if you don't have anything going on.

Venue:
http://www.bottomlounge.com

Band:
http://www.softspeaker.com
http://www.myspace.com/softspeaker
Multi
Known user

Post by Multi »

Last edited by Multi on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Cool. Gig starts at 9pm and we go on at 11pm.
blund
New user

Post by blund »

Never received a replacement here. I even went to the Rough Trade store when I was in London. Everyone has been friendly and promised to help but it never amounted to anything... Will try mailing them again but...
flamingrev
Known user

Post by flamingrev »

Get pissy and demand to talk to a supervisor.