things i noticed after listening to the recent oslo boot...

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

bcastle21
Known user

things i noticed after listening to the recent oslo boot...

Post by bcastle21 »

...doggen is literally on top form. his guitar playing...esp in the white noise parts is out of this world.

...the new bass guitarist is really good...case in point that 7 minute long freakout version of Come Together and that outro part of Cop Shoot Cop.

the choir sounds great on some of the older songs like Shine a Light, She Kissed Me, and Come Together.

any doubts I previously had about the energy of the new live setup have been squashed. i cant wait to see them this summer.
Last edited by bcastle21 on Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPB
Known user

Re: things i noticed after listening to the recent oslo boot...

Post by JPB »

i think it's Doggen not Coxon on guitar. And yes, he's on fire at the moment. Fantastic at Koko.
bcastle21
Known user

Post by bcastle21 »

doh i knew that...above edited.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Listening to it, it's making me excited about the Chicago show. They are sounding fucking fantastic.

However, I don't know how I feel about the singers walking on and off stage a bunch or them singing during the noise in YLYC.
bcastle21
Known user

Post by bcastle21 »

i'm probably looking forward to seeing them more in cleveland and/or buffalo just to catch them in a more intimate setting with longer set-list (please baby i'm just a fool) and light show....

but i'm sure pitchfork will be great...i'm very excited to see fleet foxes, titus andronicus, !!!, animal collective, spoon, and tons more...
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

Um, can someone send me the link to this boot?
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

I did see the video. Why are they playing to like 4 people who look like they are ready to go skiing?
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Hahahahaa. So true.

If you go to the Norwegian Wood page under 'Gigs', it's on the first or second page.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

toomilk wrote:Listening to it, it's making me excited about the Chicago show. They are sounding fucking fantastic.

However, I don't know how I feel about the singers walking on and off stage a bunch or them singing during the noise in YLYC.
You're going to the Pitchfork gig? I'll be there! We can get a beer.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

A friend and I are flying out from San Diego to go. We figured that Sebadoh + Public Enemy + Jarvis Cocker + Spiritualized + Chicago would equal a very, very good time ($65, 3-day ticket isn't bad either). Since the festival ends at 10 each night, we'll be heading to some local bars each night.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

just wanna say that this bootleg, great quality though it is, doesn't really do full justice to the A&E gigs. If you guys stateside think this is good, your gonna be blown away when you see them in the flesh.
gottafire
Known user

Post by gottafire »

angelsighs wrote:just wanna say that this bootleg, great quality though it is, doesn't really do full justice to the A&E gigs. If you guys stateside think this is good, your gonna be blown away when you see them in the flesh.
too true, a great performance but it seems like the audience...all 6 of em :lol: ...kinda took the drive out of the show...if you know what I mean? I kinda like hearing the boots when the audience roar in between songs...the band HAVE to feed off that, right?
http://spiritualizedelectricmainline.blogspot.com/

The place for live Spiritualized®!!

Now with added Tufty power!!!
veep23
Known user

Post by veep23 »

I googled Norwegian Wood and got linked to a blog about bonsai. "Glimpses from the Norwegian bonsai scene." Kinda cool but... can anyone tell me where the Spz boot is cause i didnt find it there!
bcastle21
Known user

Post by bcastle21 »

check the gigs section under norwegian wood
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

toomilk wrote:However, I don't know how I feel about the singers walking on and off stage a bunch or them singing during the noise in YLYC.

well they didn't walk off stage during the shows i saw, indoor venues and proper spz gigs. when they weren't required they merely stepped back from their mics and danced a bit.

as for them singing during the noise... i think he's got an absolutely brilliant blend for the live set-up this time. i love it. really garagey but the soulful grooves power through to create another awesome spiritualized live show, and one i think stands up to any other and completely kicks the crap out of royal albert hall. it's really a beautiful scene.
gonna burn brightly
for a while