Benicassim

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

mark
Known user

Benicassim

Post by mark »

Did anyone go ?, reported on the NME website that he trashed his amps ?
angelsighs
Known user

Re: Benicassim

Post by angelsighs »

got a link? can't find that story on NME site
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

mentioned on the pictures round up, probably rubbish, but would of like to seen that, i love a good trash, me.
Dikky
Known user

Post by Dikky »

I went, he seemed pretty pissed off with his amp at the start of the set but i didn't see it bother him again till the end when he just launched his guitar at it and then at the drums. Then he just walked off while Take Me To The Other Side was ending. He came back on and applauded the crowd afterwards though.
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

I never thought I'd see the day when the spaceman got aggro with his gear! are there any pics of this knocking around?
Dikky
Known user

Post by Dikky »

I didn't take any, but surely there must be, right?
noOne
Known user

Post by noOne »

Dikky wrote:I went, he seemed pretty pissed off with his amp at the start of the set but i didn't see it bother him again till the end when he just launched his guitar at it and then at the drums. Then he just walked off while Take Me To The Other Side was ending. He came back on and applauded the crowd afterwards though.
he did the EXACT same thing at Pitchfork Music Festival this past Sunday.
so im assuming it was a pre-planned part of the performance.
Lord Please Fuck My Mind For Good
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

That is pretty funny.
Dikky
Known user

Post by Dikky »

noOne wrote:
Dikky wrote:I went, he seemed pretty pissed off with his amp at the start of the set but i didn't see it bother him again till the end when he just launched his guitar at it and then at the drums. Then he just walked off while Take Me To The Other Side was ending. He came back on and applauded the crowd afterwards though.
he did the EXACT same thing at Pitchfork Music Festival this past Sunday.
so im assuming it was a pre-planned part of the performance.
Weird, i never would have thought Spaceman would be into choreographed anger.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

It wasn't anger. As far as I could tell at Pitchfork, it was overwhelming joy and excitement. Just because it happened more than once makes it choreographed?
Dikky
Known user

Post by Dikky »

TheWarmth wrote:It wasn't anger. As far as I could tell at Pitchfork, it was overwhelming joy and excitement. Just because it happened more than once makes it choreographed?
It seemed like anger at Benni, mainly becuase he did seem pissed off with the amp at the start of the gig and i'm pretty sure people were trying to fix it throughout the show.

Oh and the choreographed part was a joke, i didn't actually think he's been sitting around drawing plans and practising it like.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

Dikky wrote:
TheWarmth wrote:
Oh and the choreographed part was a joke, i didn't actually think he's been sitting around drawing plans and practising it like.
of course it wasn't choreogrpahed, he would have done the pratice prototype at pichfork then tinkered around with it for 5 years behind closed doors and then unleased it
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
jpbowman
Known user

Post by jpbowman »

I went to Benicassim but chose My Bloody Valentine over Spiritualized as they clashed. I'll try + find out what happened regards amp smashing, they guy who recorded my bands CD is currently Spiritaulizeds sound man.
http://www.thegoldentroubadours.co.uk/
Dreamlike acoustic band from Nottingham with shades of flamenco, soul, folk and blues.