What Are You Listening To Now?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

BVCP206
Known user

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Post by BVCP206 »

runaway wrote:
Hofstadter wrote:I've been interning at dublab (awesome internet radio station/music collective here in LA) and Brent Rademaker from Beachwood Sparks (the bassist) was in today. Really nice guy. I'm listing to Tarnished Gold now.
The Tarnished Gold is really quite good. Surprising because I never thought I'd see or hear the likes of Beachwood Sparks again. I really enjoyed The Tyde, too. Almost criminal that these guys never got the attention they deserved.
Managed to snag a copy of the very limited 'The Tarnished Gold - Loser edition' vinyl from the states, cant wait to get my mits on it :D
'Remember, change is not good'
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

simonkeeping wrote:
TheWarmth wrote:Cool, I actually have a full Garnet Mimms LP. Maybe I should transfer it.
THAT would be amazing! Cheers Warmth!
I love the use of timing in 'My Baby'. It sounds like its going out of time but then it kind of tricks you. Great track!
Ok, I'll put it in my queue of records to transfer. It's not easy finding the time, but I do get them done.

Here's the Mimms album I have:

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ ... /cry_baby/
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Causa Sui - Summer Sessions Vol.3
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Ride- Smile
as a huge Ride fan I'm ashamed to say I've never actually heard this excellent little collection in full before (familar with most tracks from live versions and comps)
its a revelation- this is a raw, heavy Ride with not a weak moment in sight.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

angelsighs wrote:Ride- Smile
as a huge Ride fan I'm ashamed to say I've never actually heard this excellent little collection in full before (familar with most tracks from live versions and comps)
Are you listening to the cd? It sounds like garbage. I can hook you up with vinyl transfers of the early EPs that sound better if you'd like. Nerd alert!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

TheWarmth wrote:
Are you listening to the cd? It sounds like garbage. I can hook you up with vinyl transfers of the early EPs that sound better if you'd like. Nerd alert!
yep is the CD, but its a recent reissue (all the albums have been reissued in slipcases), and i think its the first time its been remastered (wasnt remastered in the last round of reissues ten years or so ago)
that said I'd love to hear the vinyl transfer, if you have time, :)
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

simonkeeping wrote: Noviciat De Soeurs Missionaires De Notre-Dame D’ Afrique & Four Religious Drummers – Yesu Ka Mkwebase
What a choice - that song will tear your heart into tiny pieces and still leave you smiling... sounds like it was recorded in somebody's kitchen at 3am. Just beautiful... nice one!
Like the driving in Texas story there as well Simon.

Various random things at the moment, Rolling Stones 'Jigsaw Puzzle' has been going through my head all day - that mental slide and piano work do it for me. Plus Freddie Scott's 'Am I Grooving You', always! :wink:
Finding a lot of joy in The Stooges The Weirdness having not heard it in a few years. Underrated? Sure.
Also obsessed with Andrew Weatherall's Masterpiece triple-disc comp - not even past the first set but there's so much awesome stuff there...
O P 8
debased
Known user

Post by debased »

angelsighs wrote:yep is the CD, but its a recent reissue (all the albums have been reissued in slipcases), and i think its the first time its been remastered (wasnt remastered in the last round of reissues ten years or so ago)
The original US CD on Sire was mastered from vinyl. I don't know why since Creation had released CD EPs along with 12"s. I thought the remaster on Ignition was an improvement. I haven't heard the new "Ride Partnership" version.
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

debased wrote:The original US CD on Sire was mastered from vinyl. I don't know why since Creation had released CD EPs along with 12"s.
Yep, I always wondered that myself.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

The Verve - Voyager 1

Not an original copy, sadly.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

debased wrote:
angelsighs wrote:yep is the CD, but its a recent reissue (all the albums have been reissued in slipcases), and i think its the first time its been remastered (wasnt remastered in the last round of reissues ten years or so ago)
The original US CD on Sire was mastered from vinyl. I don't know why since Creation had released CD EPs along with 12"s. I thought the remaster on Ignition was an improvement. I haven't heard the new "Ride Partnership" version.
ah I stand corrected then. I didn't think the Ignition one was remastered.

I think this new one sounds great, but the only thing I've got to compare it to is the same tracks that were on the OX4 Best Of. maybe I don't know what I'm missing!
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Nice list MattBenn! 8)

Currently playing for me: Green Pajamas - Indian Winter
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

yeah thats a nice list. Blue Cheer are a band who should have been mentioned on the MC5 thread as people working on similar lines.
Flower Travellin Band.. i've heard good things about them.. tell me more?
robotoilet
Known user

Post by robotoilet »

MattBenn wrote: Mount Carmel - s/t
How is that album? I have their 2nd, and think they appeal to some members on this board.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

angelsighs wrote:Blue Cheer are a band who should have been mentioned on the MC5 thread as people working on similar lines.
The only similarities I see with the two bands is the volume and heaviness of their music. BC's music though was based more solidly on standard blues scales while MC5 deviated and infused more influences in their playing. Also, BC's songwriting was sophomoric compared to the MC5. That said, I like Blue Cheer a lot. Especially the first two albums ('OutsideInside' being their best). Their greatest song, in my opinion, was 'Peace of Mind' written by Randy Holden and was on their third LP, 'New Improved'. This is the only bit of songwriting by BC that comes remotely close to the power of the MC5.
Japanese heavy psych. Anybody interested in Acid Mothers Temple should check their albums out. Especially 'Satori'.
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

redcloud wrote:
Japanese heavy psych. Anybody interested in Acid Mothers Temple should check their albums out. Especially 'Satori'.
Sounds cool -

I have a pretty large amount of Acid Mothers Temple on my computer but just zero idea where to start - can anybody point me to some essentials?

Waiting on my copy of John Maus' A Collection of Rarities and Previously Unheard Material. Should be interesting.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Hofstadter wrote:
I have a pretty large amount of Acid Mothers Temple on my computer but just zero idea where to start - can anybody point me to some essentials?
Yea, in comparison to number of years active and releases their extensive back catalog may even trump the Green Pajamas. 'La Novia' is my personal favorite of theirs. But, I am no expert on the band. Others here may be able to guide you better than I.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Magic Lantern -Platoon ,still sounding superb,cheers runcible!
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

I've been playing tons of Dylan the past week or so. Re-watched No Direction Home last weekend. Re-reading Chronicles.

Not really interested in any new albums though. I'm just a sucker for his 60's to mid 70's era. My fave of those albums change daily - Freewheelin', Blonde On Blonde, Highway 61, Bringing It, Another Side, Nashville, John Wesley. All of them, so so good. The second side of Bringing It is way up high on my list, pure genius.
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

johnnyboy wrote:I've been playing tons of Dylan the past week or so. Re-watched No Direction Home last weekend. Re-reading Chronicles.

Not really interested in any new albums though. I'm just a sucker for his 60's to mid 70's era. My fave of those albums change daily - Freewheelin', Blonde On Blonde, Highway 61, Bringing It, Another Side, Nashville, John Wesley. All of them, so so good. The second side of Bringing It is way up high on my list, pure genius.
I liked No Direction Home a lot. My only complaint is that it seems to imply that the rest of Dylan's career post-1966 is kind of a footnote -- and my favorite eras for Dylan come after that.

I'm listening to Shot of Love this morning -- one of his best albums from the 80s. I love me some 80s Dylan and look to the day when that era gets a little more respect.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

The Perfect Prescription,Glass vinyl ,not having had a turntable for 16 yrs. ,its a joy to hear ,a few crackles ,but it sounds superb, if only vinyl could speak, you know what I mean ,me and this album have seen some nights 8)
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

The Darkside-High Rise Love , is this the best they did ?am loving it anyway,
TheWarmth
Known user

Ride

Post by TheWarmth »

Hey,
Here's a link to the first 4 Ride EPs transferred from vinyl:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/86ig40

Paul
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

Hey,
Cheers for that!
"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

TheWarmth wrote:
Hey,

Paul
these sound fantastic! i'm finding that there's nothing like a good vinyl rip these days.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

listening to this right now. experimental ambient guitar bliss. never heard of this until today-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr_trSTt ... re=related
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band - 'A Child's Guide To Good & Evil'

One of my faves.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Weather has been so amazing — KIng Tubby and various other lovely Dub and Rocksteady gems.

B,

M
Design.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

Jerry Lee Lewis - Killer - The Mercury Years Volume III 1973-1977. Fantastic stuff. He mananged to insert his name into about two thirds of the songs, hilarious.
angelsighs
Known user

Re: Ride

Post by angelsighs »

TheWarmth wrote:
Hey,

Paul
thanks so much, really appreciate this!
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

the antlers new 'undersea' EP. lush, reverby stuff as you would expect by the title. love that band :)
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Broc wrote:Jerry Lee Lewis - Killer - The Mercury Years Volume III 1973-1977. Fantastic stuff. He mananged to insert his name into about two thirds of the songs, hilarious.
Sounds like Jon Spencer Blues Explosion. Every other song they insert their name or shout "Blues Explosion!"
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Design.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Tame Impala -Innervision, 8)
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

The Verve - A Storm in Heaven (original vinyl) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :wink:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

Harmonia - Musik Von Harmonia

This album never fails to amaze me. Beautiful. I can't remember where, but I think I once heard either Michael Rother (Neu!, Kraftwerk, etc) or one of the two dudes from Cluster (the three of 'em make up Harmonia) describe the music of Harmonia as pastoral. I would never really have thought to associate that word with ambient, synth based music, but I think it fits perfectly.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Shinesalight wrote:The Verve - A Storm in Heaven (original vinyl) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :wink:
Now that just makes me jealous and full of regret. Why? Because I stupidly sold my copy years and years ago amongst a load of other 'indie' albums and 12's. What a complete doofus!! I had it on cd so thought "meh, I don't need the vinyl now". Little did I realize that in years to come it'd be worth a fair bit of money.

Current listening pleasures for me are:

Black Lips - Arabia Mountain and Good Bad Not Evil
Ganglians - Monster Head Room
Sonny & The Sunsets - Hit After Hit
Frankie Rose & The Outs - s/t

Lo-fi 60's influenced garage-pop summertime fun
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

johnnyboy wrote:

What a great warm weather list (if yer in my car with me for more than 10 minutes over the summer, chances are you'll hear a track or two by the Black Lips :) )! June 2011 I saw 'em play a fucking excellent show that kicked off that summer, so wild, so much energy, so much fun. Crying Smoke and To June are probably my favorites off of Monster Head Room, super powerful. Such a great feeling of melancholy (really in the whole album). Does anybody know what Ganglians are up to right now? I feel like I haven't heard much about them recently, and I was so stoked on Monster Head Room for a while.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

Hofstadter wrote:
johnnyboy wrote:

What a great warm weather list (if yer in my car with me for more than 10 minutes over the summer, chances are you'll hear a track or two by the Black Lips :) )! June 2011 I saw 'em play a fucking excellent show that kicked off that summer, so wild, so much energy, so much fun. Crying Smoke and To June are probably my favorites off of Monster Head Room, super powerful. Such a great feeling of melancholy (really in the whole album). Does anybody know what Ganglians are up to right now? I feel like I haven't heard much about them recently, and I was so stoked on Monster Head Room for a while.
'monster head room' is a really great, underrated record. i absolutely love 'to june.'
ganglians released this record last year- http://www.insound.com/Still-Living-2xL ... /INS98353/
i haven't heard anything from it at all. have no idea why i never bought it. they also played here at beat kitchen and paul's band opened for them. i think i wanted to go but had to be up at 4am the next day so i didn't go. thanks for the memory jog, though- they're a great band and i should really pick up more of their stuff.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Chris Robinson Brotherhood - Big Moon Ritual

This really is as good as everyone has said it is. I'm not familiar with the Black Crowes material but, if it's anything like this, then I can see myself delving into their back catalogue :D
Last edited by Shinesalight on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Shinesalight wrote:Christ Robinson Brotherhood - Big Moon Ritual

This really is as good as everyone has said it is. I'm not familiar with the Black Crowes material but, if it's anything like this, then I can see myself delving into their back catalogue :D
:D Glad you like it!

When it comes to investigating the Crowes catalog I suggest starting with "Southern Harmony and Musical Companion" and "Amorica". After these two records if you have the jones for more then both runcible and I can suggest titles for further delving.

Oh, and you should get Rich Robinson's "Through A Crooked Sun" LP. I love that album. Played it loud last night as I was cruising down the highway back from Seattle and it sounded sooooo good!
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Shinesalight wrote:Chris Robinson Brotherhood - Big Moon Ritual

If you listen to the 2 recent solo albums by the brothers Chris and Rich Robinson you see exactly how the 2 sides of their musical feel makes up the Crowes. Rich obviously likes to make a bigger racket more than Chris who prefers a more restrained stoned/Grateful Dead/ballad approach.

Redcloud is spot on - those are the albums to start with. You will find parts of SHAMC pretty heavy - the side 2 sequence of Black Moon Creeping/No Speak No Slave/My Morning Song is bristling with rich and throaty guitars and has fairly wild instrumental sections. One of my favourite Crowes moments, but the whole of that 2nd side is pure magic. Having said that Amorica is largely faultless - stupendous from start to finish.

To think when I first heard about them I dismissed them as some heavy rock band makes me cringe as the Crowes are now easily one of my all time favourite bands. I love that CRB album and have been steadily working my way through most of the Crowes back catalogue as a result.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

I'm a Black Crowes fan, albeit not fantatical but certaibly appreciative of what they are about, this Chris robisnson album sounds like its ticking some boxes so I may give it a whirl, my worry is then after all these Grateful Dead comparisons, then I begin to delve into their somewhat extensive back catalogue !!

Mugstar's new soundtrack album/dvd is on my turntable at current and rather good it is too.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Aquarian-Time wrote:I'm a Black Crowes fan, albeit not fantatical but certaibly appreciative of what they are about, this Chris robisnson album sounds like its ticking some boxes so I may give it a whirl, my worry is then after all these Grateful Dead comparisons, then I begin to delve into their somewhat extensive back catalogue !!
No bad thing if you do start discovering the Dead. After all, there is enough there that can literally give you days, weeks, months even years of pleasure when you do begin to unravel that onion. If you decide to go down that road a few of us here can help point you in the direction of where to begin (especially with the thousands of live Dead shows available).
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Ok. A definative 'Dead' album to commence with then ?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Aquarian-Time wrote:Ok. A definative 'Dead' album to commence with then ?
American Beauty without question.

It's faultless and is generally regarded as their greatest studio work. Of course there is the old tradition that serious Deadheads never play the studio stuff as 'it's all about the live thing', but American Beauty is absolutely glorious from start to finish and every track is outstanding in its own way. The greatest country rock songs ever made (Candyman/Ripple) are on that album, and it's the one where the vocal influence of CSN shook things up so the harmonies are really good. I'd also recommend you listen to it half a dozen times to allow it to work its magic. I didn't get it the first couple of plays but by about the 3rd or 4th time I was totally hooked and I'd now list it in my all time top 10 albums. If you don't like that one I wouldn't look much further as I can't see the other material appealing. If you do enjoy it then check out Workingman's Dead which came out earlier in that same year (1970). It's also fantastic but doesn't quite hit the dizzy heights of AB. Our resident Dead expert here is Redcloud but I'm sure he'd agree with what I've written here.

But be warned that if the Dead get their hooks into you you may find yourself listening to little else for long periods. Until a few months ago I reckon that over 50% of the music I was playing was Grateful Dead. They just take over. I managed to break the spell recently but the Chris Robinson Brotherhood album has had me playing nothing but live Dead recordings for the last week or so, so I've found myself back in the zone without really realising it.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Dead albums? I'd have to plump for the first two: Grateful Dead and Anthem Of The Sun.

American Beauty (Ripple aside, which is beautiful at any time) i've only really enjoyed whilst on 'shrooms! Whereas the first two are regular listens in sunny weather. Not that there's much of that this year. :roll:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Cheers fellas, American Beauty purchased for a princley sum of £3.86. On CD as i'm diiping my toe in. Vinyl to follow if I like what I hear. Shall report back in due course
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Moon Duo: High Over Blue
Jah Wobble & Keith Levene: Mississipi
Laetitia Sadier: Silencio
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Moon Duo landed on my doorstep this morning also.

Six organs new 7" will be hitting the turntable this evening
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Aquarian-Time wrote:Ok. A definative 'Dead' album to commence with then ?
I replied to this question in the GD thread.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Fuck Buttons-Olympians, majestic...
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

new dum dum girls track. seems promising.

http://pitchfork.com/news/47304-new-dum ... ord-knows/
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Brian Jonestown Massacre - Aufheben

This is sounding great on lovely heavyweight, double, blue vinyl. Only trouble is, it didn't come with a download code (in this day and age?!) so I can't listen to it on my i-pod or pad. :( Can anyone out there help me out with a vinyl or cd rip please?
Last edited by Shinesalight on Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

shalloboi wrote:new dum dum girls track. seems promising.

I'll have to check this out. I really wanted to love this band, as I thought the He Gets Me High EP was fantastic, but Only In Dreams was really boring and a major step backwards in terms of songwriting and creativity.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Cat Power - Sun

hopefully it's a grower.......
needs a more attentive listen also..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

TheWarmth wrote:

I'll have to check this out. I really wanted to love this band, as I thought the He Gets Me High EP was fantastic, but Only In Dreams was really boring and a major step backwards in terms of songwriting and creativity.
i have to admit i was relieved to learn this release was an EP. i definitely noticed that the songs from 'only in dreams' were nowhere near as good as the ones from 'i will be' when i went to see them live. 'coming down' was the only exception. i'm hoping the rest of the tracks on this EP take more cues from the direction that songs seems to point towards because this whole girl-group-drenched-in-fuzz-and-reverb template is getting to the point of self-parody.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Yeah, this Dum Dum Girls track is really nice. I like the production a lot. "Coming Down" was the only highlight for me from Only In Dreams. Hopefully, they are back on track.
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

shalloboi wrote:
TheWarmth wrote:

i have to admit i was relieved to learn this release was an EP. i definitely noticed that the songs from 'only in dreams' were nowhere near as good as the ones from 'i will be' when i went to see them live. 'coming down' was the only exception. i'm hoping the rest of the tracks on this EP take more cues from the direction that songs seems to point towards because this whole girl-group-drenched-in-fuzz-and-reverb template is getting to the point of self-parody.
I'm with yall on this - was super into I Will Be, but barely listened to Only In Dreams. Haven't gotten to listen to the new material yet.

Strange Passion: Explorations in Irish Post Punk, DIY, and Electronic Music, 1980-83.
It's a compilation that Finders Keepers just put out - soso rad, so much stuff I would never in a million years have come across, and it (for the most part, at least to my ears) is all brilliant. Right off the bat, the first song Just Friends sets the tone for the whole album - a little melancholy, but also a little anger, a bit of attitude. There's some stuff on here that feels very much in the vein of Suicide/going on to influence a lot of James Murphy/DFA type stuff as well. The more electronic pieces on here are all fabulous as well. If anybody is interested this, let me know and I'll help you out.

Here's the first song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI86Ohfyk_Y
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Janes Addiction-Nothing Shocking ,classic album ,been on a Janes kick this last 2 weeks ,Strays & Ritual on heavy rotation in the works van ,nice summer soundtrack ,lots off memories ....
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Rich Robinson - 'Through A Crooked Sun'

This is such a wonderful album. Rich bares open his heart and soul and delivers music of undeniable honesty. The beauty in this song makes the hairs on the back of neck stand up and sends shivers down my spine. The final 90 seconds floor me every time. It's perfect in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpIa3s7rBPA
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

i am continually cornered to provide all of the music at my new job. i suppose this is a good sign.

ty segall- 'slaughterhouse'
radar eye- s/t
lee hazlewood- 'singles, nudes and backsides...'
spacemen 3- 'perfect prescription'
hope sandoval- 'through the devil softly'
thee oh sees- 'thee hounds of foggy notion'
deerhunter- 'microcastle'
spiritualized- 'songs in a&e'
crystal stilts- 'in love with oblivion'
and this- http://www.npr.org/event/music/15742285 ... e-brooklyn
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

Sonic Boom - Spectrum

The Orwells - "Mallrats (La La La)" from the forthcoming LP Remember When. SUPER excited for this. Bunch of Chicago kids, they're my age, I sorta wish I was hanging out with these guys making music like this. They were in LA a few weeks ago playing a bunch of house parties and a few venues, can't believe I didn't go to any. This song is so killer, perfect summer punk track. Curious if this sort of music appeals to any of the... not older, let's just say more experienced folks on this board :lol: .

http://vimeo.com/34139923

The video is pretty silly and juvenile. It seems so much like they were all trying really hard to be cool badasses at the mall for the video, but whatever. Still a killer song!!
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Rebel Drones - Various. BJM's Matt Hollywood's project. Absolutely gorgeously stoned rock. All the standard tickboxes ticked. Stumbled on this via YouTube. Check them out.

Black Sabbath - Paranoid, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, S/T. Classic heaviess across three classic albums.

Sunlight Service Group - Various. Nice mix of heavy and acoustic jams. Brilliant rhythm section lead by some wigged-out psych guitar.

Night Beats - Various. Have a great "Elevators" style sound on some stuff and i can hear early Flaming Lips/Jesus & Mary Chain in some other songs (especially Shadows In The Night).

Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-La-La Band - 13 Blues for Thirteen Moon. Been a while since i listened to it but i love this.

Alasehir - The Philosophy of Living Fire. Bardo Pond side project. Heavy as f**k! Nuff said.

And still some Causa Sui...
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

yea Sabbath r the best. tho you're not listening to my two fave albums of theirs! (Master & Vol 4!)

today's listening so far:
some random stuff inc Hey Jane while @ the gym..
now:
new Fresh & Onlys - Long Slow Dance

afterwards am planning on taking in:
Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
Richard Hawley - Standing at the Sky's Edge
the new one from The Mars Volta
Death Grips - Money Store

hopefully i get them all squeezed in today & have room for some more. wanna get back to new Cat Power & Cian Ciaran. & maybe new Liars if time allows...
gonna burn brightly
for a while
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

runcible wrote: To think when I first heard about them I dismissed them as some heavy rock band makes me cringe as the Crowes are now easily one of my all time favourite bands. I love that CRB album and have been steadily working my way through most of the Crowes back catalogue as a result.
The recent posts here (and some of the CRB tracks) have inspired me to delve back into the Crowes early albums. Listening to Southern Harmony which I haven't since I was 15! And yes I dismissed them for a similar reason - I'd moved on from Guns N Roses and heavy/classic rock, youth mistakes/what everyone was listening to at school etc.

I've also been listening a lot to
White Manna - s/t
Cian Ciaran - Outside In
the two new Tame Impala tracks
The Amazing - Gentle Stream