What Are You Listening To Now?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

redcloud
Known user

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Post by redcloud »

Kenny Tudrick - (Glorious songs that are rootsy Americana - beautifully played and lovingly sung. This dude was/is the drummer with the Detroit Cobras and basically went out to do his own thing. Damn glad he did because this double LP is a wonderful first statement). Thanks to spzretent for pointing me in his direction. 8)

Shack - 'Waterpistol' (I like their 'HMS Fable' album...there are a couple stand out tracks on it. But, this one is definitely more consistent).
runaway
Known user

Post by runaway »

The Clientele - Bonfires On The Heath
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Been fed a steady diet of Cleveland's, yes Cleveland's, Volta Sound.
Been binge-ing for 3 days straight. Very BJM like but I have a sneaking suspicion they are much nicer guys. :wink:
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Soundgarden - King Animal
gonna burn brightly
for a while
Alex English
Known user

Post by Alex English »

spzretent wrote:Been fed a steady diet of Cleveland's, yes Cleveland's, Volta Sound.
Been binge-ing for 3 days straight. Very BJM like but I have a sneaking suspicion they are much nicer guys. :wink:
I saw them open up for Spectrum in Cleveland back in 2001. I drank my fill of Little King's Cream Ale that night. :D
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Tim Burgess - Oh No, I Love You

I'm not technically listening to this right now, but I have been playing this a lot since I last posted in this thread. Picked this up n vinyl when I saw him play in Brighton a couple of weeks back. Got Tim to sign my record to Mrs Shines and the the future Shines Jr. (Which got me thinking that this could be a sneaky wat of keeping my vinyl buying obsession going! :wink: ). Anyway, this album was co-written with Kurt Wagner from Lambchop and its got much more of a country vibe to it than the usual Charlatans material. I think it's a lovely album and well worth checking out.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I have my eye on that Burgess record. It's on my Christmas list, as it's a damn expensive import LP. I'm a big Lambchop fan, so I think I will really like it. How was the live show? I must admit that the Charlatans haven't released anything that's piqued my interest in a long time, but this seems to be something completely different. Didn't Mark Nevers produce?
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote:Been fed a steady diet of Cleveland's, yes Cleveland's, Volta Sound.
These guys (and gals?) are brilliant. They quietly released some quality albums that most on this message board would love. 'This Is The Yin & The Yang' is one of the best psych albums released in past 10 years. I love the warm buzz and the narcotic flow from song to song. I suspect you may be right about them being nice guys too. :wink:

The Dreadful Yawns (also from Cleveland) are well worth investigating too.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

redcloud wrote:
Yes they are! More Americana-ish but very, very good.
jwilder
Known user

Post by jwilder »

spzretent wrote:
redcloud wrote:
Yes they are! More Americana-ish but very, very good.
Yes, they opened up for Pete a few years back. Saw them in Cleveland.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Michael Head and The Strands - The Magical World of the Strands (wow - what a revelation!)
Kenny Tudrick - s/t
Grateful Dead - 71.11.14 Texas Christian University
Grateful Dead - 71.11.15 Municipal Auditorium
Moon Duo - Circles
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

New Eternal Tapestry LP with cd
Six organs Live LP cheers to Olan for the heads up as I had no idea it was out (250 ltd)
Raveonettes-The observator
Ty Segall-Complete back catalogue getting a listen at the moment
Lightshines 7" on Great pop supplement (I brought out his first release so im biased, but he/ now they are quite splendid
Allah Las-Album-Liverpool or manchester gig in dec or both ? This is a great album
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

'the velvet underground & nico' castle face tribute (the vinyl finally came in the mail yesterday!)
jessica pratt- 'jp'
the entire my bloody valentine creation back catalogue w/ extras
Kurious Oranj
Known user

Post by Kurious Oranj »

the stooges - you don't want my name, you want my action

bootleg featuring three 1971 concerts with ron asheton and james williamson on dual guitars :shock:

the quality isn't great but the power is monstrous enough to shine through
robotoilet
Known user

Post by robotoilet »

Fleetwood Mac - Live at the Boston Tea Party, Vol. 1

Just amazing.
I cannot believe that I have never listened to them until today.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Six Organs of Admittance: Mariakapel

Beautiful accoustic performances recorded live/inspired by some European Chapels. Really nice drones that sound like they were produced using a harmonium and some very fine accoustic guitar playing. Perfect music to veg out to when you are feeling a bit "off".....
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

olan wrote:Six Organs of Admittance: Mariakapel

Beautiful accoustic performances recorded live/inspired by some European Chapels. Really nice drones that sound like they were produced using a harmonium and some very fine accoustic guitar playing. Perfect music to veg out to when you are feeling a bit "off".....
funnily enough I`m listening to Six Organs Of Admittance as well ,Closer To The Sky, really digging it!!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

The Heads-Enten Eller,still digging this bunch of jams ,anybody know what Enten Eller alludes to?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

niamhm wrote:The Heads-Enten Eller,still digging this bunch of jams ,anybody know what Enten Eller alludes to?
It'll be some inside joke of Paul's. He is an avid collector of Vertigo's 'Swirl' labels so Vertigo Swill followed that, but I don't know what Enten Eller is about.

What I do know is I was at the session that the final piece 'Or' came from - it's the end of a ridiculous 32 minute version of Hairy Chapter they did. Recorded back in February 2005 as a warm up for their Tsunami benefit they finished an astonishing rehearsal with this incredible jam that hurtled from one scary area to another. Sends shivers down my spine even just thinking about it. 5 of us sat huddled in a corner of their tiny rehearsal room while the band tore the place apart - unforgettably intense. Bar the ambient bit in the middle which segues the 2 sections this was recorded on a mini-disc player with one microphone sitting in the middle of the floor, so no overdubs or fiddling of any kind - that's them creating everything live and improvised.

That afternoon remains the most incredible musical experience of my entire life.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

niamhm wrote:

funnily enough I`m listening to Six Organs Of Admittance as well ,Closer To The Sky, really digging it!!
great song! some of the guitar playing on that is face melting!!

where can I get this live album?

today's listening, I seem to be in a 'chill out' mood today:

The Durutti Column- various
John Martyn- One World deluxe edition (some fantastic stuff on the bonus disc here, including sublime live versions of the title track and Small Hours, and the song Black Man at The Shoulder which I can't believe didn't make the album- a proper slice of oceanic dub-rock)
Warpaint- The Fool
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

angelsighs wrote:
niamhm wrote:

great song! some of the guitar playing on that is face melting!!

where can I get this live album?

today's listening, I seem to be in a 'chill out' mood today:

The Durutti Column- various
John Martyn- One World deluxe edition (some fantastic stuff on the bonus disc here, including sublime live versions of the title track and Small Hours, and the song Black Man at The Shoulder which I can't believe didn't make the album- a proper slice of oceanic dub-rock)
Warpaint- The Fool
I bought the Six Organs of Admittance record (Mariakapel) from Piccadilly via mail order. You might be interested to know that the Durutti Column are going to release Paean for Wilson on 2xLP for RSD next year. Much excitement here as it is the only album he has released in the last decade we listen to much here. There is a broad program of re-releases on the way, although I think it'll be CDs mainly.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

olan wrote: I bought the Six Organs of Admittance record (Mariakapel) from Piccadilly via mail order. You might be interested to know that the Durutti Column are going to release Paean for Wilson on 2xLP for RSD next year. Much excitement here as it is the only album he has released in the last decade we listen to much here. There is a broad program of re-releases on the way, although I think it'll be CDs mainly.
ah thanks Olan, but it seems Maria kapel is vinyl only.. i'm a CD man unfortunately!

I've heard that a few times about Paean to Wilson, actually.. I must check it out. I have a few of the band's recent releases and they are a bit spotty- veering between sublime moments and other bits that are a bit naff. Vini did always tread that line though.
those re-releases sound interesting.. I'd particularly like to get my hands on a copy of Without Mercy so fingers crossed.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Michael Head & The Strands

Played this several times on Thanksgiving Day. Such a wonderful album.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

redcloud wrote:Michael Head & The Strands

Played this several times on Thanksgiving Day. Such a wonderful album.

Damn straight it is!! ,

Temples-Shelter Song , 7" single , this tune is pretty awesome, think a few round here would dig it too,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs4i41cOv0s
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Scorpion

No, not the German rockers...this band is a late 60's/early 70's black Detroit band loaded up with lots of fuzz, wah and dope. Very much in the style of the first three Funkadelic records. Very good album.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

redcloud wrote:Scorpion

No, not the German rockers...this band is a late 60's/early 70's black Detroit band loaded up with lots of fuzz, wah and dope. Very much in the style of the first three Funkadelic records. Very good album.
Tell us more... sounds good!
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Laz69 wrote:
redcloud wrote:Scorpion

Tell us more... sounds good!
These are the two funkiest tracks but the whole album is great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6qmjoAhZQI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKpm2Mvr ... re=related
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Loads of early Primal Scream, from All Fall Down to Crystal Crescent to Sonic Flower Groove, along with some of the Peel sessions from the time. What early Scream lacked in chops they made up for in mystery and atmosphere, plus there's an affecting sweetness to a lot of this stuff. I prefer this era to Vanishing Point and some of their other better known material.
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

jadams501 wrote:Loads of early Primal Scream, from All Fall Down to Crystal Crescent to Sonic Flower Groove, along with some of the Peel sessions from the time. What early Scream lacked in chops they made up for in mystery and atmosphere, plus there's an affecting sweetness to a lot of this stuff. I prefer this era to Vanishing Point and some of their other better known material.
whoa! i love this period too, i don't know why they dismiss it
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Mars Volta-Frances The Mute, can be quite a challenging listen this lot , but I think this album is worth it...
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

niamhm wrote:Mars Volta-Frances The Mute, can be quite a challenging listen this lot , but I think this album is worth it...
just had that on the other night. I think it's their greatest album.
the final descent of Cassandra Gemini into pure freeform krautrock-metal-freejazz is mind boggling. I think this album, and particularly that final stretch, could surprise a lot of people.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

angelsighs wrote:
niamhm wrote:Mars Volta-Frances The Mute, can be quite a challenging listen this lot , but I think this album is worth it...
the final descent of Cassandra Gemini into pure freeform krautrock-metal-freejazz is mind boggling. I think this album, and particularly that final stretch, could surprise a lot of people.
I only have this album and the previous one ,and I`ll be honest I found this one such a "challenging " listen I couldn`t bring myself to get the next , but strangely I keep coming back to it , I think the time invested pays off, saw them once at the Barrowlands and thought they were mindblowing, energy , technique whatever , they had it in spades that night...
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

niamhm wrote:
angelsighs wrote:
I only have this album and the previous one ,and I`ll be honest I found this one such a "challenging " listen I couldn`t bring myself to get the next , but strangely I keep coming back to it , I think the time invested pays off, saw them once at the Barrowlands and thought they were mindblowing, energy , technique whatever , they had it in spades that night...
yeah it's definitely a lot to take in- so much content but it really pays off when you get a grasp on it, doesn't it?
when you say previous one do you mean Deloused in the Comatorium? that's their other great one in my opinion. there have been moments since I have enjoyed but those two were when they were in the zone.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Levitt & Mcclure - Living In The Country

Just poured a small whiskey and put this album on. From 1969, it features an ex-Beau Brummel and was produced by Beau Brummel, Ron Elliott. This is an astonishing album of beauty. Country/folk in the rural, commune/hippie sense rather than Nashville. Cue the Byrds/Band comparisons but it really is wonderful. Shame it went relatively unnoticed when it was released and is now somewhat hard to find. Not sure if it has ever even been given an official reissue. If not, it is certainly one that is long overdue.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Playing catchup on a few things i've been sent recently...

Jerry Garcia Band - Let It Rock

but also:

MMOSS - Only Children
Night Beats - Night Beats
Dead Skeletons - Dead Magick
The Darkside - Melomania
Josh T Pearson - Last Of The Country Gentlemen
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Laz69 wrote:Playing catchup on a few things i've been sent recently...

Let me know your thoughts on this. I have had this for quite a while now and every time I remember about it I am very impressed. I played it twice through last night. But, the closing track got a couple more rotations. Hit my sweet spot last night for sure.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

The Men: Immaculada

I believe this is a reissue of their first LP. It seems like a solid slab of lo-fi noise, drones, and shouting, drenched in layers of feedback. I particularly like the piece of Accoustica guitar that emerges from the feedback at the end of one tune on the A-side before being submerged in the huge scuzzy wall of noise that forms the intro to the next tune. Epic stuff -highly recommended!

Mogwai: A Wrenched Virile Lore.

Interesting way to deal with what was a fantastic album. My first impression is that it comes across like a compilation album, while "Hardcore will..." was a very unified body of music. Probably needs a few more plays. File under "growing on me" at present....

Both bought at Probe in Liverpool this morning. Another good days shopping.

Edit: due to change of opinion after a couple of further listens to the Mogwai LP.
Last edited by olan on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

The Mogwai remix album is really dense. It's kind of hard to get all the way through in one sitting, but I doubt that the band was too concerned about that when they put it together. Still, I enjoy it. There's some great stuff on it.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

TheWarmth wrote:The Mogwai remix album is really dense. It's kind of hard to get all the way through in one sitting, but I doubt that the band was too concerned about that when they put it together. Still, I enjoy it. There's some great stuff on it.
Yep, that is a good way of describing it. The original release was a proper LP in that I would listen to all of it in one sitting. The remix LP is different in the sense that it lacks the coherence of the original; that does not mean I think its a bad release though.
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

White Hills - Abstractions & Mutations Vinyl

Came in the mail yesterday. The old style jacket and see-thru gold vinyl look great. I never tracked down a cdr copy of this so it's a first listen for me, sounds really good.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Well, I was listening to R.E.M. - Murmur (Deluxe Edition) until my girlfriend asked for something more "sleep-inducing" (she's got a very early start tomorrow). So I've popped on Spectrum - Go To Sleep. Then I'll play Soul Kiss (Glide Divine), although I think skipping How You Satisfy Me might be a good idea...
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Mikal Cronin-s/t ,cool punky,beatlesy ,garage, type thing, a side man to Ty Segal ,quality,
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

Desertshore by XTG, which is maybe my album of the year. Stunning.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

mkb wrote:Desertshore by XTG, which is maybe my album of the year. Stunning.
Just bought this, really looking forward to getting a chance to play it properly (i.e. when missus is out!)...
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Bob Dylan-Tempest , still enjoying listening to this in my calmer moments,
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

Slowdive - 1993.10.12 - Köln
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I'm listening the Roy and the Devil's Motorcycle album I picked up at the shows I saw earlier this month.

Good stuff. They're really channeling early Spacemen 3 with some of the songs.
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

burningwheel wrote:
jadams501 wrote:Loads of early Primal Scream, from All Fall Down to Crystal Crescent to Sonic Flower Groove, along with some of the Peel sessions from the time. What early Scream lacked in chops they made up for in mystery and atmosphere, plus there's an affecting sweetness to a lot of this stuff. I prefer this era to Vanishing Point and some of their other better known material.
whoa! i love this period too, i don't know why they dismiss it
Sometimes for better and sometimes for worse Bobby Gillespie definitely tries to follow fashions and give himself a rock 'n' roll mythology. Once they broke much bigger with other things a gawky Byrdsy past doesn't fit with the most profitable narrative.
mc wrote:Well, I was listening to R.E.M. - Murmur (Deluxe Edition) until my girlfriend asked for something more "sleep-inducing" (she's got a very early start tomorrow). So I've popped on Spectrum - Go To Sleep. Then I'll play Soul Kiss (Glide Divine), although I think skipping How You Satisfy Me might be a good idea...
For me the best sleepy Spectrum is the second side of Highs, Lows & Heavenly Blows. The playlist ends with

Baby Don't You Worry (California Lullaby)
Go To Sleep
Soothe Me
All Night Long
Don't Pass Me By
I Know They Say
Take Me Away
If I Should Die
JakeCardigan
Known user

Post by JakeCardigan »

Mini mix uploaded by Massive Attack of Terry Callier recordings - http://soundcloud.com/massive-attack-2/ ... e-windmill

Lined up for later is the Daddy G mix - http://soundcloud.com/massive-attack-2/g-dj-set-6music
[url]http://adventuresinthesoundscape.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.mixcloud.com/adventuresinthesoundscape/[/url]
JakeCardigan
Known user

Post by JakeCardigan »

Also highly recommend these mixes - http://thereisspaceshipsoverdeeside.blogspot.co.uk/ - great selections... ohh and I contribute to number 46 http://thereisspaceshipsoverdeeside.blo ... io-46.html
[url]http://adventuresinthesoundscape.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.mixcloud.com/adventuresinthesoundscape/[/url]
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

Radar Eyes: S/T

space craft
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

moop wrote:Really looking forward to checking out Laughing Stock next..
Let us know how you get on with Laughing Stock Moop...
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Dr John: Anutha Time

Not really my thing. Track 3, Hello God, features the 1997/98 Spiritualized line up. Quite interesting album.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Lots of fabulous Chris Robinson Brotherhood bootlegs from throughout 2012.

Been a long time since i wanted to see a band live this badly!!!
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

Greeny wrote:
moop wrote:Really looking forward to checking out Laughing Stock next..
Let us know how you get on with Laughing Stock Moop...
sure. i gave it a couple of listens today actually.

My thoughts echo what i was already thinking, namely the extent to which their sound must have influences early Verve. the organ and piano sounds are pure Elbow too. but Laughing Stock sounds a lot more focused and deliberate than Spirit of Eden. It has more of a consistent groove to it and less of the more 'accidental'/'improvised sounds. As a parallel the two albums seem a bit like the move from a Storm in Heaven to a Northern Soul. It seems more focused, direct, deliberate, yet still very chilled. As Heisenberg points out, 'After the Flood' is fantastic and that feedback totally makes me think of verve's 'Reprise'.

Strangely, Mark's voice sometimes reminds me of Sean Cook's(!?)... Actually maybe that's not so strange considering we already said how the opening of Spirit of Eden could easily be cop shoot cop. Again, the guitar at the start of 'New Grass' could easily be McCabe playing. One other thought i had is how the album seems to have a very clear arc to it. I guess they both do really.

So yeah.. clearly a very influential sound and a fantastic album. I can see why people say they anticipated/invented 'shoegaze' or 'post-rock'. Amusingly, it still sounds fresh, unique and soulful, while a lot of shoegaze/post-rock bands now are quite boring and derivative. [goes on old-man rant...]
Kurious Oranj
Known user

Post by Kurious Oranj »

fans of those talk talk albums might also be interested in the catherine wheel album "adam and eve"

Tim Friese-Greene plays keyboard on the album and it sounds surprisingly like a talk talk album
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

heisenberg wrote:Anyone heard the cover of Renee by Black Ships/Submarine? Pretty nice cover, considering it's come from a cover of (from the tracks I heard) pretty awful Talk Talk covers. King Creosote's take on Living in Another World was quite shocking.
I love that Black Submarine cover -- it's just promising enough that I can't quite give up on a record coming out someday, as long as it's been. I'd never heard of Talk Talk before their version of Renee came out, and even now I've only heard that one song.

There are a lot of recommendations floating about, what is the first LP I should start with?
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

For Xmas albums it's quite good and Arthur is enjoying it: Polyphonic Spree — It's Christmas.

B,

M
Design.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Laz69 wrote:Lots of fabulous Chris Robinson Brotherhood bootlegs from throughout 2012.

Been a long time since i wanted to see a band live this badly!!!
:D

I hope he brings his merry band of stoned jamster Deadheads to your island. I was thinking about you and runcible when I recently saw them and how much you two would dig them.

PS: please send along the recent Portland show if you find it!
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote:James Gang- Yer Album
I LOVE this album. Their version of 'Bluebird' is superb! I hope your LP copy is the official release. I saw one not too long ago with a different cover than mine, picked it up and noticed it had a couple tracks omitted from it! One of the missing tunes was 'Fred', which I love. My cover (which is the original release) looks like this:

This is the LP with omitted tracks:

Let me know because if needed I can get you a copy of the original LP.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Got the original. I never knew there was another version.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Yo La Tengo — Fade

Really enjoying it.

B,

M
Design.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

MODLAB wrote:Yo La Tengo — Fade

Really enjoying it.

B,

M
has it leaked then I presume?
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

angelsighs wrote:

Really enjoying it.

B,

M
Yes it has. I received it another way...

B,

M
Design.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

MODLAB wrote:
angelsighs wrote:

Really enjoying it.

B,

M
Yes it has. I received it another way...

B,

M
nice one, well I'm glad to hear it's a goodun. I've really enjoyed the two tracks I've heard thus far too.
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

In kosmische/analog/modular synthland:
M. Geddes Gengras - Test Leads - a little underwhelming, the closing track is quite nice though. I think his live stuff is just a little bit more emotional/transporting as it is by necessity a little simpler.
Forma - both albums - good stuff, a little poppy at times (weird adjective to describe this sort of musik, and yet... makes sense). Still enjoyable.

Laurie Spiegel - The Expanding Universe - ummmmmm beautiful, meditative, other worldly, completely earthly at the same time, close yer eyes and melt away music. Electronic classical feel through most of it. If you like Terry Riley's A Rainbow in Curved Air, this will no doubt amaze you. It is a combination of computer/generative music and live manipulation of the "rules of inference" if you will... so yeah, computers running analogue synths - almost entirely stuff that she did at Bell Labs... the most famous track on it is probably the one that Carl Sagan chose to put on the Golden Record that went out with one of the Voyager spacecraft and by now is out of the solar system! The opening track, patchwork, epitomizes the sound of most of the album, but the 28 minute title track, which is different, a bit more "slow-change" as opposed to the sort of classical/minimalist feel of the rest, is easily my favorite. Talk about meditation musik.

Cluster - Zuckerzeit/Soweisoso
Manuel Gottsching - Inventions for Electric guitars
Harmonia - Musik Von Harmonia
Last week, spent a good amount of time once again with:
Eno - Ambient 1/2/3/4
Eno - Before and After Science/Here Come the Warm Jets

The other guy I've been listening to a ton of these past few weeks and absolutely loving is High Wolf; ugh, beautiful! Talk about meditation musik, pt. 2. In particular Atlas Nation. There's such a tribal, ritualistic feeel to it, drops ya straight into a trance. Beatiful combination of indian instrumentation with more expected drone/psych elements. Not sure if drone is the word I want to use, since it is for the most part not... abrasive? at all... I dunno, ambient-experimental-drone(on the earlier albums)-psych just is not a very satisfying way to describe it - listen to this song and see what I mean. I think it's totally beautiful. This is very good for what I described doing in that EAR thread... just totally escaping.

PS Excited to hear peeps are digging Fade. I decided to wait till I have it in my hands to listen, it's difficult.