What Are You Listening To Now?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

niamhm
Known user

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Post by niamhm »

Flaming Lips-The Terror, a resigned, existential dread ,electronic vibe that late night lone listening , I `m finding strangely rewarding,
Kurious Oranj
Known user

Post by Kurious Oranj »

the moving sidewalks - flash

thanks gig section!

technically a bonus track but im currently obsessed with their cover of "i want to hold your hand"
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Kurious Oranj wrote:the moving sidewalks - flash

thanks gig section!

technically a bonus track but im currently obsessed with their cover of "i want to hold your hand"
:D Yep, it's a very solid album and their various other bits and bobs are interesting too.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Eels - Oh What A Beautiful Morning
Ginger Wildheart - 555%
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

The Green Pajamas - Lust Never Sleeps (live)
moop
Known user

Post by moop »

bill ryder-jones - a bad wind blows in my heart
the bevis frond - new river head

loving both of these albums at the moment. someone mentioned elsewhere that BR-J's songs reminded them of gorky's. I totally agree! listening to the album it seems like this is something of an homage to gorky's 'how I long to feel that summer in my heart', but with enough of his own personality/style to make it unique. seeing as I absolutely love that gorky's album (and miss them a lot) this was always going to be a hit for me.

and 'new river head' is a giant of an album. recorded back in 91, stylistically it's a more stoner-rock than their new album (which as i said reminds me of fuzzy logic SFA, strangely enough). Does anyone else on here like this stuff? I feel like at least some people would really enjoy it too.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

moop wrote: the bevis frond - new river head

and 'new river head' is a giant of an album. recorded back in 91, stylistically it's a more stoner-rock than their new album (which as i said reminds me of fuzzy logic SFA, strangely enough). Does anyone else on here like this stuff? I feel like at least some people would really enjoy it too.
I really like 'NRH' and rate it as one of his best. In fact, it may well be his best. But I have a soft spot for some of his earlier albums too. 'Miasma' and 'Inner Marshland' kinda came out at the right time. But, I also quite like 'Sprawl'.

I have several others like 'Acid Jam', 'Triptych' and the 'Fred Bison' LP but the above are my faves. I found an original copy of 'NRH' just a year or two ago on LP. Possibly not as rare over in the UK but as they were imported to the US in small quanties you don't see his records that often.
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

on heavy rotation this week:
Bill Ryder-Jones - A Bad Wind Blows In My Heart (^^GZM comparison was mine, a lot is just how melodic I find it)
Mikal Cronin - MCII
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Got Psychic Ills- One Track Mind on now. Its a cool, lazy, overcast day w/all windows open. It sounds perfect. I hope my neighbors hate it as much as I hate their dogs constantly barking. Its a passive aggressive war of sorts. Next up Hookworms.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

spzretent wrote: I hope my neighbors hate it as much as I hate their dogs constantly barking. Its a passive aggressive war of sorts.
Don't forget to put Venetian Snares on and to turn the volume up next time you leave the house. HTH.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Gruff Rhys - Hotel Shampoo

While umming and ahhing over whether to pick up the new Neon Neon album, I saw this going on Discogs so went with this instead. Just love Gruffs vocals and there's some real pop gems on here. :D
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Shines, did you like the first Neon Neon LP? The new one doesn't have any guest rappers or hip-hop stuff on it. It's still got that 80's flavor, but Gruff's vocals are so distinctive and the songs are so good, that it doesn't wind up feeling like a pastiche. It's a wonderful record, IMO. Check it out.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I thought I had the first Neon Neon album on CD but I've just had a bit of a search and can't find it for the life of me. Maybe I never bought it after all. I remember seeing them live upon its release and wasn't that blown away by the material to be honest. The new one has had some pretty good reviews though so I have been tempted. We'll see....

Just played:-

MBV - Isn't Anything

After all the hype and clamour surrounding the new (?) LP I finally managed to pick up an original copy of the debut on vinyl in really great condition for a pretty decent price on eBay. My God, as good as the new LP is, it's really not a patch on Isn't Anything is it?

Now playing:-

Black Mountain - In The Future
Some real head nodders on this. I already own it on CD but picked the vinyl version up on Discogs in a multi deal with Gruff Rhys' Hotel Shampoo.

Got a load of stuff lined up for the rest of the evening....I really haven't had a chance to give these a proper listen since I got them (totally over estimated the time I'd get to play records as a new Dad :wink: :roll: ):-

Mogwai - Les Revenants
Kurt Vile - Wakin' On A Pretty Daze
Lumerians - The High Frontier
Lorelle Meets The Obsolete - Corruptible Faces
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I just noticed that the new Lumerians album is out in the UK already, so I ordered a copy yesterday. Please let me know what you think. Weird that there hasn't been any talk about it.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

QotSA - ...Like Clockwork

Terrific from back to front. More so than the solid efforts of the last few, this is frequently spectacular & funky.
Prob more classic rockist than the adrenaline sleaze or gothic excess of the post-SftD material. Still lacking the narcotic flavour of the first two albums but in terms of latter-day Homme releases it's the best form he's been on in quite some time.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Randy California - Kapt Kopter & the (Fabulous) Twirly Birds
Strawberry Alarm Clock - Wake Up...It's Tomorrow
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

Murray St.
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
robotoilet
Known user

Post by robotoilet »

Mainliner - Revelation Space
pleasantly unpleasant to me.

High Rise - High Rise II
really love it. so I bought their two other albums, Desperado and Dispersion.
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

last day or two of senior year in hs right now before summer. on friday, with a couple of friends did a 12 mile hike to school. started at 4am at this scenic lookout that we like to call 'top of the world' where you can park a car and see most of LA all lit up at night (we have spent many hazy summer nights up there). you can walk over the santa monica mountains and into the valley in a few hours from Top of the World (approx 4 miles over the mountains and then we just did another 8 miles along the streets to get to school from there).

at the peak of the route over the mountains, there's this old abandoned nike-ajax missile site from the cold war that you can sneak into - we climbed up on top of the lookout and from there you can see both la proper and all of the valley.

brought some speakers and... refreshments... along...

chilled on top of the missile tower there with a few beers and a j or two going around plus 'that's just fine' playing as we all quieted down just as the sun rose over los angeles. i don't think my friends will ever forget that song now.

wish every day was like that. maybe it wouldn't be as special then though.
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

Artist: Public Nuisance
Album: Gotta Survive

Reference to Terry Melcher in the documentary Cease to Exist led me to this jam packed gem of a collection from 66 - 69.
still a few out there under 30 quid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m-GRcSzadU
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Hedspace wrote:Artist: Public Nuisance

Reference to Terry Melcher in the documentary Cease to Exist led me to this jam packed gem of a collection from 66 - 69.

This band, when they were first discovered, created quite the firestorm with collectors. Many thought it was bogus...meaning it was a newer band that somebody was trying to pass off as some undiscovered 60's garage relic. 60's US garage/psych collector, Alec Palao, confirmed that they were indeed legit. Glorious stuff out of the Sacramento/Stockton area. To be honest, this is also one of the great discoveries of the past 10-15 years. The original set was released as a double CD in early late 90's/early2000's and has recently been reissued on vinyl. Highly recommended!
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

redcloud wrote:
Hedspace wrote:Artist: Public Nuisance

This band, when they were first discovered, created quite the firestorm with collectors. Many thought it was bogus...meaning it was a newer band that somebody was trying to pass off as some undiscovered 60's garage relic. 60's US garage/psych collector, Alec Palao, confirmed that they were indeed legit. Glorious stuff out of the Sacramento/Stockton area. To be honest, this is also one of the great discoveries of the past 10-15 years. The original set was released as a double CD in early late 90's/early2000's and has recently been reissued on vinyl. Highly recommended!

The booklet included with double cd hardly fits theres so much in it, so you get your moneys worth.
Every morning for the past week+ I woke up with that Gotta Survive track swirling in my head, Not a bad thing I can assure you :D
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Hedspace wrote:The booklet included with double cd hardly fits theres so much in it, so you get your moneys worth.
Every morning for the past week+ I woke up with that Gotta Survive track swirling in my head, Not a bad thing I can assure you :D
Indeed. The quality of the band is superb, which is why so many were not convinced at first that it was an undiscovered lost nugget. Amazing that it hadn't been heard before. Not all of these lost gems live up their hype but this one definitely does as does the recent Crystal Syphon release.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Mystic Siva- S/T reissue LP on Klimt. Really amazing and yet another reason to be proud from Detroit!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aebpavP2Apo
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote:Mystic Siva- S/T reissue LP on Klimt. Really amazing and yet another reason to be proud from Detroit!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aebpavP2Apo
Even more amazing that they were all young teens. I think the guitarist was 14!?

:D
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

Really diggin' the new Laura Marling album, don't know if anyone here knows her, but the whole album like a sort of folk symphony, not in instrumentation - it's quite sparse in arrangement - but in the way the tracks are more like movements than individual songs. And the production is lovely too.
"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

going to listen to this tonight, a Six Organs/Comets on Fire live session from 2003:

http://keepingscoreathome.com/?p=2028

I got this via twitter, from a Comets account that seems to only have been activated a few days ago.. could a reunion be on the cards? wishful thinking I guess.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I've been playing the new Primal Scream and The Fall records nonstop for the past couple of weeks both are really great (and surprises in regards to their previous efforts).
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Birds of Maya - Celebration
Bentley Rhythm Ace - s/t
Asteroid # 4 - Introducing...
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

QOTSA- Like Clockwork ,
Daft Punk- RAM ,

and at the this exact moment Spectrum-War Sucks , in this year of various long lay offs ending , no sign...
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Dead Kennedys-Plastic Surgery Disasters, bought all their albums as and when they came out , yep I`m that old, been road testing them all this last 18 months since I acquired a turntable again, think this is my fav. with the proto punk/hardcore on side 1 ,then the longer "rock" style punk tracks on side 2, Biafra`s manic/crazed personality never sounded better and the band are as tight as 2 coats of paint, East Bay Ray is some guitarist with his surf flourishes, sense of melody and hard core technique
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I'm listening to some new Spiritualized BOOTs from Dime.

I'm seeding a bunch of them right now on Dime if anyone is interested in some quick downloads today.
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

John Adams - Dharma at Big Sur

Absolutely beautiful. Reminds me a little bit of reich/glass/riley, but... more dynamic. Obviously pattern/repetition are hugely important to those three guys, but here, it feels way more about breaking free from pattern... something cathartic in that. It feels like that solo electric violin is SINGING! It starts really low and then seems to spiral and twirl upward and upward, pushing at some limit as if it is trying to burst out of some cage or something... and then slowly falls back down. And then it is higher again, as if watching the first part fall... It feels like there is something almost icarian (is that even a word? I mean to say like icarus and daedalus) about it, although maybe that is a weird/stupid way to describe music. and Then the rest of the orchestra which has been droning atmospherically (and beautifully) begins to overwhelm the single violin voice... I'm presuming that this is supposed to be like nature overwhelming the individual as that's what it feels like and based on the title alone (haven't done any reading on this piece yet) I would guess it is supposed to evoke something like that (although I think the question of whether or not the intention of the creator should affect how you experience some piece of art/whether or not there even needs to be intention in the first place is a very interesting, very challenging one, but that is a conversation for some other time...)...

The caspar david friedrich painting wanderer over a sea of fog certainly comes to mind.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

beaker73 wrote:Really diggin' the new Laura Marling album, don't know if anyone here knows her, but the whole album like a sort of folk symphony, not in instrumentation - it's quite sparse in arrangement - but in the way the tracks are more like movements than individual songs. And the production is lovely too.
i checked this out and have to thank you- it's really nice. 'when were you happy' sounds like a nick drake song that never existed- fanstastic.

everything i've been listening to today is really all over the place-

unwound- 'repitition'
speck mountain- 'badwater'
saltland- 'i thought it was us but it was all of us'
primal scream- 'more light'
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

shalloboi wrote:
i checked this out and have to thank you- it's really nice. 'when were you happy' sounds like a nick drake song that never existed- fanstastic.
yer welcome :wink: What I don't really get are the Joni Mitchell refrences that the critics are on about. To me it sounds more like british folk, like indeed Nick Drake.

What I've been spinning today is the new Beady Eye record, which, much to my own surprise, is actually quite good. :shock:
"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"
JakeCardigan
Known user

Post by JakeCardigan »

New track by Forest Swords - Thor's Stone
https://soundcloud.com/forestswords/thors-stone
[url]http://adventuresinthesoundscape.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.mixcloud.com/adventuresinthesoundscape/[/url]
spunder
Known user

Post by spunder »

CALIFONE! there must be some fans here..........uber atmospheric pots and pans psychedelic americana. so rustic i think my speakers may start oxidizing :)
Noddy
Known user

Post by Noddy »

Neu! - 75
Camera Obscura - Desire Lines
Primal Scream - More Light
The Flaming Lips - The Terror
Steve Mason - Monkeys Mind In The Devils Time
Ian Skelly - Cut From A Star
The War On Drugs - Slave Ambient
Trouble In Mind - Record Store Day split 7"
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

In The Summer Of The Mushroom Honey
Kyuss - Blues For The Red Sun
Masses of ska
Magazine - Second Hand Daylight
nghst
Known user

Post by nghst »

Emiliana Torrini - Go With The Flow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=337ZOrNoYgs

This is a cover of a Queens of the Stone Age song. A full album of QOTSA covers is coming out this week. Also it has been announced that a new Emiliana Torrini album, Tookah, is to be released September 9 this year.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Sun Ra- Lanquidity
Galaxie 500 - On Fire
Flying Saucer Attack - s/t
Flying Saucer Attack - Further
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Off work with the dreaded man-flu today so had a bit of a vinyl spinning session to take my mind of it :wink: :-

Ride - Carnival of Light
Asteroid #4 - The Windmill of The Autumn Sky EP
Brightblack Morning Light - S/T
Lumerians - The High Frontier
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

spunder wrote:CALIFONE! there must be some fans here..........uber atmospheric pots and pans psychedelic americana. so rustic i think my speakers may start oxidizing :)
I do have one Califone album (Quicksand/Cradlesnakes), I like it and it's certainly an interesting listen however there's something that stops it from truly grabbing me. it's kind of an intruiging niche they have carved out there- it's kind of rustic like you say and there's some blues/folk in there but also lots of pinging noises, electronics and percussion.
spunder
Known user

Post by spunder »

angelsighs wrote:
spunder wrote:CALIFONE! there must be some fans here..........uber atmospheric pots and pans psychedelic americana. so rustic i think my speakers may start oxidizing :)
I do have one Califone album (Quicksand/Cradlesnakes), I like it and it's certainly an interesting listen however there's something that stops it from truly grabbing me. it's kind of an intruiging niche they have carved out there- it's kind of rustic like you say and there's some blues/folk in there but also lots of pinging noises, electronics and percussion.
yeh thats the one i'm rinsing at the mo, the two later ones are a bit more accessible, 'roots & crowns' and 'all my friends are funeral singers' more realised songs still retaining the creaky, haunted atmosphere. give in to it!!

rediscovered Cristo Redentor by Harvey Mandel the other day....not what i was expecting from the Canned Heat guitarist! a real funky, psych masterpiece, lots of phasing....sounds like something David Axelrod shouldve been involved with. well ahead of its time imo
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

spunder wrote:
angelsighs wrote:
yeh thats the one i'm rinsing at the mo, the two later ones are a bit more accessible, 'roots & crowns' and 'all my friends are funeral singers' more realised songs still retaining the creaky, haunted atmosphere. give in to it!!
haha i'll give it another try! looking back, my standout tracks were (checks tracklisting) 'Michigan Girls' and 'Vampiring Again'
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Hammer - s/t (San Francisco Sounds 1970 LP)

2nd/3rd tier band out of San Francisco. Pretty decent late 60's/early 70's hard rock with a hint of a jazz influence (without the horns).
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Now up....

T.I.M.E (Trust in Men Everywhere) -s/t (1968)
T.I.M.E - 'Smooth Ball' (1969)

Both of these albums are really great and totally underrated. I often see copies of the second LP in the record bins and can most definitely give it and its predecessor a solid recommendation. Good, heavy, west coast sunshine psych.
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

Buried Feather

this is nice stuff. Wooden Shjips grooves and guitar breaks, SP3 washes (quick comparisons). Theres a new album out (s/t), since May which I cant find much about but I think if the soundlcoud link is anything to go by we might be hearing more from these lads

https://soundcloud.com/buriedfeather
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

White Hills - In Your Room...pushing all the right buttons for me, looking forward to the new record.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Minky wrote:White Hills - In Your Room...pushing all the right buttons for me, looking forward to the new record.
where did you hear this track ? I heard another one ,Forever In Space, that was quite terrific,
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

niamhm wrote:
Minky wrote:White Hills - In Your Room...pushing all the right buttons for me, looking forward to the new record.
where did you hear this track ? I heard another one ,Forever In Space, that was quite terrific,
Yeah I guess it would help if I posted the link. Gideon Coe BBC 6., http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b021mkrc
I think it's about 30 minutes into the show. I like this track more than Forever In Space which is also a really good track.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

nghst wrote:Emiliana Torrini - Go With The Flow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=337ZOrNoYgs

This is a cover of a Queens of the Stone Age song. A full album of QOTSA covers is coming out this week. Also it has been announced that a new Emiliana Torrini album, Tookah, is to be released September 9 this year.
That's pretty incredible actually - one of the best QOTSA tunes, for me anyway!

This week it's all been about Gun Club - Fire Of Love. Over and over again. Perfect for a bit of sunshine.
O P 8
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

The Stone Roses - s/t
Bowery Electric - s/t
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Spent the entire afternoon going through live Spacemen 3 shows I have on disc... some incredible recordings that I never even knew I had, especially some of the Europe shows from 89.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Sorry, bit of a long winded post but this is kinda cool...so, my son is 12 (13 in August) and he is beginning to discover his own bands and is REALLY into Tame Impala. On his own he has found a couple other bands...Pond and Alt J (I think Pond are inter-related to Tame Impala and Alt J are British). Anyway, last night he came to me and said "Daddy you should listen to these albums because I think you will really like them". So, I did...and you know what...he's right! I like the Pond album quite a lot (more than Alt J, which just kinda sounded indie to me) and I also like Pond record more than anything I have heard from Tame Impala. It rocks!

Pond -Beards, Wives, Denim
Alt J -An Awesome Wave

Kinda cool to have your son come to you and say..."play these!" and for it to actually be pretty cool. The lad has done well. :D
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

That Pond album is still sitting in my 'To be listened to' pile :roll:

Currently enjoying the new Douglas Hart single: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGD-C3k1C74 8) :D
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Sigur Rós - Kveikur
Boards Of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest
Kanye West - Yeezus
Flaming Lips - The Terror
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

redcloud wrote:Sorry, bit of a long winded post but this is kinda cool...so, my son is 12 (13 in August) and he is beginning to discover his own bands and is REALLY into Tame Impala. On his own he has found a couple other bands...Pond and Alt J (I think Pond are inter-related to Tame Impala and Alt J are British). Anyway, last night he came to me and said "Daddy you should listen to these albums because I think you will really like them". So, I did...and you know what...he's right! I like the Pond album quite a lot (more than Alt J, which just kinda sounded indie to me) and I also like Pond record more than anything I have heard from Tame Impala. It rocks!

Alt J -An Awesome Wave

Kinda cool to have your son come to you and say..."play these!" and for it to actually be pretty cool. The lad has done well. :D

If he likes the whole Tame Impala thing, it might be worthwhile pointing him in the direction of Melodies Echo Chamber. Kevin Parker helped produce the album with french musician Melody Prochet.
hhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj1U974JiIQ
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

Laz69 wrote:Spent the entire afternoon going through live Spacemen 3 shows I have on disc... some incredible recordings that I never even knew I had, especially some of the Europe shows from 89.
would these be shareable at some point when you got a chance maybe?
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Of course, was planning on offering them up anyway. Have a load of Spiritualized shows and a couple of Spectrum shows too that i'll get done eventually... kinda just about gathered the SP3 ones now. Will dropbox them once sorted.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Sky Saxon Blues Band - A Full Spoon of Seedy Blues

This is actually The Seeds but not the garage punk stuff they are famous for. It is, however, a totally underrated album. It's pretty damn good, in fact! Nice playing by the band and Sky's voice is still oh, so....Sky! It was also actually recorded as their third LP (before 'Future') to try and break their contract but it wasn't released until after the 'Future' album. Well worth hunting down.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

redcloud wrote:Sorry, bit of a long winded post but this is kinda cool...so, my son is 12 (13 in August) and he is beginning to discover his own bands and is REALLY into Tame Impala. On his own he has found a couple other bands...Pond and Alt J (I think Pond are inter-related to Tame Impala and Alt J are British). Anyway, last night he came to me and said "Daddy you should listen to these albums because I think you will really like them". So, I did...and you know what...he's right! I like the Pond album quite a lot (more than Alt J, which just kinda sounded indie to me) and I also like Pond record more than anything I have heard from Tame Impala. It rocks!

Alt J -An Awesome Wave

I heard one Pond track on a compilation somewhere and I really, really liked it. am I right in thinking they sound a bit more raucous and rocky than Tame Impala? I like Tame Impala but they are very composed and arranged- kinda wish they would cut loose and wig out a bit more.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Kraftwerk -Minimum-Maximum, superb ,love the clean/clear sounds and melodies,
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

In Berlin this week, so it has been a krock extravaganza for me, dont need to list it all since im sure yall could guess it, but since kraftwerk were mentioned above, I will say that listening to autobahn as the plane was descending over Berlin on Friday was pretty fun/excitement-building. Also, tonight i stumbled across a screening of the big lebowski in a park with nearly a thousand people there (not exaggerating), surprised that the kraftwerk joke didn't get any laughs ( the dood holds up uli the german/nihilist/porn star/villain's old band 'autobahn''s lp which has the three nihilists in kraftwerk getups on the cover).
spunder
Known user

Post by spunder »

Dungen 4....defo my fave Dungen ...manages to avoid pastiche yet so obviously in debt. there seems to be an atmospheric treated / broken? cymbal all over the album, kinda reminds me of the background rainforest hiss on a lot of Black Ark recordings...anyway great arrangements & playing...
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Dungen are underrated, IMO. Also, 4 is great, but I think Tio Bitar is my favorite.