What Are You Listening To Now?

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

niamhm
Known user

Re: What Are You Listening To Now?

Post by niamhm »

Dead Meadow - Feathers, I see their playing Glasgow in Sept. that should go some way ,along with a Scottish show by Carlton Melton to soothe my disappointment at not being able to go to the Liverpool Psychedelic Fest. :)
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

niamhm wrote:Dead Meadow - Feathers, I see their playing Glasgow in Sept. that should go some way ,along with a Scottish show by Carlton Melton to soothe my disappointment at not being able to go to the Liverpool Psychedelic Fest. :)
Dead Meadow are playing Brighton too around the time of Liverpool Psych Fest, along with Carlton Melton, White Manna, Moon Duo and Psychic Ills. Certainly taken away some of my disappointment of not being able to go. :D
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

niamhm wrote:Dead Meadow - Feathers, I see their playing Glasgow in Sept. that should go some way ,along with a Scottish show by Carlton Melton to soothe my disappointment at not being able to go to the Liverpool Psychedelic Fest. :)
Same weekend at the end of Sept... I've already booked my evenings out for these!!! Have you heard which venue the Carlton Melton show is in yet? Last I heard it was still TBC...
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Laz69 wrote:
Same weekend at the end of Sept... I've already booked my evenings out for these!!! Have you heard which venue the Carlton Melton show is in yet? Last I heard it was still TBC...
no I haven`t but eyes and ears peeled, are those 2 the same w/end? need to do some planning,
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

niamhm wrote:
Laz69 wrote:
no I haven`t but eyes and ears peeled, are those 2 the same w/end? need to do some planning,
The 13th Note with the Cosmic Dead Laz69
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

a Spiritualized live recording from Glasgow ABC ,March last yr. must have come from this forum some way , sorry I can`t remember who , but it really is quite ace, no WWJ, Take Your Time or Shine A Light , unusual really, but thanx to the taper anyway 8)
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

TheWarmth wrote:The Sun Araw cover of Teenage Fanclub's "December" is fantastic. Was the most recent album good? I didn't buy it, as I found Ancient Romans to be pretty dull.
i checked out 'the inner treaty' and i thought it was terrible. i only managed to get through the whole thing once. if you didn't like 'ancient romans' (i didn't really like it that much, either) you wouldn't like 'the inner treaty.' the collaboration record with the congos is really good, though, and worth checking out.
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

Ditto ditto ditto on the December cover. He hasn't recorded it as far as I know, but the born under punches (as in the talking heads song) cover I saw him perform live was absolutely RAVE got everybody that had been sitting down lying back and taking it in for the rest of the set (myself included) to dance and freak out. way cool.

I personally love the Inner Treaty, but I also love pretty much everything Sun Araw related.

I actually think that Ancient Romans and The Inner Treaty are wayyyy different.

Nothing on treaty is more than 7 minutes - it's not so much about long, crowded meditations as it is short (relatively speaking) jams, much more dynamic. It's a much more 'fun' album (although don't get me wrong I think romans is great too).

The album has a way more prominent sense of beat, but it's a pretty fucked up tripped up one (but not do to disorderliness so much as its due to just giving you beats that aren't what you're used to). There's a very disorienting feel to the album as a result, but not in a bad way at all (and not really due to an overwhelming chaos of sound/noise where you can't pick stuff out at all - it's way cleaner/crisper than pretty much every other SA album, so it's something else)... more that you've been thrust into this dense (not as in tons of audio tracks though) tropical jungle where everything is a little bit hazier and ph asier than you're used to.

Like Wine and The Summum have to make you want to get up and move (but fuck if you won't look weeeird trying to actually dance that). The Summum's a pharoah sanders cover by the way and it feels like it... all over the place soloing, everything sort of crescendoing and yet still remaining distinct sonically, each line followable from start to finish...

Out of Town/And I book end the album in an amazing way and both give this feeling of being thrust into/and then finally climbing out of a slightly paranoid world (I swear the album's whole sense of slightly disjointed rhythm gives something like that) that you are just a visitor in. slow burners for sure.

Grip was one of my favorite tracks of last year too... absolutely beautiful ambient meditation that is also the most compact song on the album. Something feels very circular about the way tones pan back and forth and pitches move up and down (maybe it's the slow phase going on a guitar). Each sound in it just feels so expressive to me, especially all the slight detunings of the synthesizer where it is like it is just barely reaching out or at the end of the song when it pulses slowly and the guitar just sort of cries out.... the tone at the very end actually sounds pretty similar to the tone during the solo after the second chorus on the 'worms What We Talk About.

I don't feel like I do a very good job of describing what an album is actually like (or making it sound like something you might want to listen to), but I just want to say that if you didn't like Ancient Romans, but have liked Sun Araw in general, I really recommend you do actually listen to this since it is pretty different (from everything really, but especially AR.

Bot yeah, this is a hot and humid album.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Cult of Dom Keller's debut album is really good, really enjoying this, chamber psych as I call it. Very doomy sound but some lighter guitar fuzz lift it up in places. Reverb..check....Loud....Check. cant make out vocals...check...drones...check

Carlton meltons new 12 " has just landed so that will be on the turntable tonight as wiill thecurrent album by The Lininanas
Last edited by Aquarian-Time on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

The Cosmic Runner
really enjoying this and the backstory is worth the read even if it is brand Neu :)

stream
http://kosmischerlaufer.bandcamp.com/

http://www.slowtravelberlin.com/2013/06 ... er-laufer/
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

Wjoa The Cosmic Runner stuff is awesome... I just pledged to the kickstarter. Hoping it goes through!

Have also been enjoying the CODK album a lot - the vinyl is quite pretty as expected, but the sleeve art absolutely blew me away - heavy cardboard sleeve with incredibly intricate geometric patterning that seems to be screen printed on one side with very thick ink that you can run your hands over and feel, while on the opposite side the exact negative of the patterning is printed. Super fun to just touch and stare at while listening!
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

New Carlton Melton is quite awesome, leans a bit more on their first half of a show, ie, ambient and trippy, two guitars etc. But it really is a thing of beauty. some of it reminded me of Transient Waves ,never saw them but have all their albums.

The Liminanas album is also breathtakingly good, ideal for a hazy summers evening, mellow tripped out guitar with dual French vox. Lovely
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Aquarian-Time wrote:New Carlton Melton is quite awesome, leans a bit more on their first half of a show, ie, ambient and trippy, two guitars etc. But it really is a thing of beauty. some of it reminded me of Transient Waves ,never saw them but have all their albums.

The Liminanas album is also breathtakingly good, ideal for a hazy summers evening, mellow tripped out guitar with dual French vox. Lovely
agreed , the new Carlton Melton is superb,

The Orb -U.F.Orb, regularly come back to this,
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Big Star- Keep An Eye On The Sky box set.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
alienrendel23
Known user

Post by alienrendel23 »

Roxy Music - Avalon
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

Doves - Lost Souls
been ages since I last played this, but it hits the spot. Great band, wonder what are they up to now...
"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

beaker73 wrote:Doves - Lost Souls
been ages since I last played this, but it hits the spot. Great band, wonder what are they up to now...
big Doves fan here. they are on a 'hiatus' at the moment. Jimi is working on a solo record which is nearly finished. and I think Andy & Jez have other projects in the works too.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

angelsighs wrote:
big Doves fan here. they are on a 'hiatus' at the moment. Jimi is working on a solo record which is nearly finished. and I think Andy & Jez have other projects in the works too.

Just played this the other day whilst cruising around in the countryside. Was really nice to to listen to it again.

Cheers, angelsighs for the update.
Design.
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

MODLAB wrote:
angelsighs wrote:

Just played this the other day whilst cruising around in the countryside. Was really nice to to listen to it again.

Yes, second that. Played Some Cities too, proper good album. Curious about what Jimi 'll sound like solo!

Now playing: supersub - fly pilot fly, Dutch band, obviously britpop inspired, but brilliant guitar player, also one I haven't heard in a while...
"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"
Alex English
Known user

Post by Alex English »

MODLAB wrote:
angelsighs wrote:

I too played this while I was driving around the mountains over the fourth of July weekend and it also had been a while since I listened to it. I always have a fond memory of listening to Lost Souls while driving through the countryside of Virginia on my way back to DC as the sun set after a day of floating down a river. I am pretty sure I had seen them at the 9:30 Club the night before as well.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Anthroprophh- Anthroprophh, well good , nice late evening zoning out stuff ,like the vibe ...
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Slipstream - Stereo Brain Mono Heart courtesy of the good folk at Mind Expansion 8)
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
alienrendel23
Known user

Post by alienrendel23 »

The Cure - Concert
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Eat Lights;Become Lights - Modular Living

Another fantastic looking and sounding LP from Neil. Big respect for managing to get a third LP written and out into the market place on these hard times. Looking forward to seeing them down in Brighton supporting Acid Mothers Temple later in the year 8)
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Laddio Bolocko- The Life and Times of..
this pre-Psychic Paramount band are pretty damn awesome.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

This morning:
Bibio - Silver Wilkinson
Broadcast & The Focus Group Investigate Witch Cults of the Radio Age
Atoms For Peace - Amok

Now:
Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

TheWarmth wrote:
Now:
Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest
if you like the sound of tomorrows harvest, an album from I think 94ish might be worth your ear. Similar vibe.

Artificial Intelligence 2 WARP comp
couple of tracks from AI2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DH365BZYYM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LCF_JwELPg
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

Listening Center with Pye Corner Audio - Study Series 09: Projections
spunder
Known user

Post by spunder »

Verve - camden town hall '92 ...what a version of 'sun, the sea'!!!!
and a lovely Pink Floyd boot called 'celestial voices' which is various radio sessions and live stuff from '68 - '69 in crystal clear quality....very summery
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Chicago - Questions 67 & 68

summer's here.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

tonight's summer evening listening:

Sun Araw- On Patrol
Sun Ra- Lanquidity
MC5- Back In The USA
Peaking Lights- 936
Six Organs of Admittance- Shelter From The Ash
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Spectrum - Highs, Lows and Heavenly Blows

A piece of vinyl I never thought I'd get my hands on, and sounding that much better for it 8)
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Rolling Stones 'Gimme Shelter' repeatedly. Probably the greatest ever song by anybody, ever. 8)
O P 8
spunder
Known user

Post by spunder »

Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet Sessions....

this is great, much prefer these versions / mixes to the finished album, they are much rawer and visceral, the instrumentation really sings out and there is a great bluesy jam called Still a Fool will Brian and Keith weaving really nicely...
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Chris Olley from six by seven has a side project called Twelve (about 7 albums at least). Its fairly minimal but steeped in sevnties style Electro Krautock. All the usual suspects have clearly infllunced Chris (Harmonia, Cluster, Kraftwerk etc) He has recently added a trilogy to his back catalogue. War, Cryme and War Cryme, listened to all 3 last night and they are all quite marvellous, if people are enjoying the more Electro feel of Eat Lights Become lights stuff then this is for them.

All his stuff is on the twelve bandcamp page and not very expensive at all.

My fave album though is entitiled 03, sublime from start to finish

Go seek
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Aquarian-Time wrote:My fave album though is entitiled 03, sublime from start to finish
^^ What he said. 03 is a really excellent album.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Scratch Perry : Black Ark In Dub - hoping to bring a little artifical sunshine into my cubicle this morning.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Sunshine? Man that album is dark! For me that is a late night dub album rather than one that reeks of sunny days. One of the heaviest dub albums I know!
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

lately-

white fence- s/t (it was reissued on vinyl finally)
no joy- 'wait to pleasure'
broadcast- 'pendulum'/'extended play' (finally got my hands on some reasonably-priced broadcast vinyl)

right now-
rowland s. howard- 'pop crimes'/'teenage snuff film'

stayed up until 3am last night watching 'autoluminescent'- great doc, but unsurprisingly very very sad.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Crappy day at work so have come home and taken solace with the turntable, cranking out the following:-

Black Angels - Indigo Meadow (this gets better on repeated listens)
Cosmic Dead - S/T double orange vinyl 8) 8) 8)
White Hills - Live From Roadburn (this fucking rocks!!!)
Eternal Tapestry/Sun Araw - Night Gallery (definitely prefer this to Ancient Romans!)
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Blues Image - 1st (1969)

Forever remembered for "Ride Captain Ride" but this 1st album is a good mix of hard rock/heavy blues from Florida.
Kurious Oranj
Known user

Post by Kurious Oranj »

sun araw and peaking lights are really doing it for me this summer

i noticed on 936, the track "marshmellow yellow" has the repeated mantra of "sweet light.. sweat heart"

wonder if jase is a fan
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Spectrum - Highs, Lows and Heavenly Blows. "I Know They Say" has just started. Lovely stuff :)
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

All things Superchunk, what a band, consistency personified, cannot wait for new album due mid Aug :D
'Remember, change is not good'
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I have been listening to assorted soundtracks; Lolita 1962, 2001 A Space Odessey 1968, The Man with the Golden Arm; and a box of "5" LP's that are Soundtracks of English works sung in Japanese; they arrived by mistake, but the artwork was so nice and the sound quality so clean, I thought "Why Not?". It is a good thing I have do not have neighbors.

I have also been listening to the first Spiritualized recordings and enjoying them all over again!
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Quite a bit of Neil Young and Grateful Dead
Masses of Vibravoid
Also an excellent split EP on Psyilocybin Sounds featuring The Celestial Bums and Helicon. This is a label run by Keith Stodmeister who is an occasional poster here. I heartily recommend you listen to the brilliant psychedelic mixes he makes - many of which can be found here http://www.psyilocybinsounds.co.uk/. Good music.
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Yeah the Helicon/celestial Bums split is en route to AQ towers as we speak. Been checking Helicon out on you tube and its very much to my liking.
Vibravoid played shrewsbury last night (not your obvious gig location) but I had to swerve it as I would be now living under a bush/hedge with merely my underpants to my name had I of gone. The good lady spoke loudly so I listened (she doesn't speak loudly often so when she does, one must listen very carefully to her pearls of wisdom !)

Anyhow two Lp's for me this evening, Mazzy star-she hangs brightly and Mogwai-Rock Action. perfect Sunday evening fare
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

I checked out Helicon too because of them playing Liverpool Psych Fest- really enjoyed what I heard. epic, sleek, spacerock.

last night I listened to The Walkmen - You & Me which was sounding fantastic as ever. it's one of those albums that just has perfect production for the type of music it is.
and The War On Drugs- Slave Ambient. just seemed to be in the mood for this and it sounded better than ever.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

The Dreadful Yawns....I have had all their albums, EP's on repeat but in particular:

S/T
Rest
Early

I really love this Cleveland based band. Anybody who loves "Harvest" or "After The Goldrush" era Neil Young will dig these early Dreadful Yawns albums. Lovely songs with a country rock tinge but also some drone moments. Easily among my favorite albums of the past 10 or so years. Such a shame that nobody else outside of Cleveland has heard of them (except Greg Shaw - they were last band he signed for Bomp!).
jwilder
Known user

Post by jwilder »

redcloud wrote:The Dreadful Yawns....
I saw them in Cleveland opening for Kember. It was a strange show crowd-wise, but they were very impressive.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

lots of stuff

mazzy star- a few bootlegs- one from 1996 and then my rip of their coachella stream (which sounds really great, i have to say)

test pressings for another one of my band's singles came in the mail and i've been listening to them over the past few days and it kicked off a bit of a vinyl marathon-

cave- 'hunt like devil'/'jamz' double EP (had some trouble figuring out if this was 45 or 33rpm)
my bloody valentine- 'm b v'
white fence- s/t
the mallard- 'finding meaning in deference'

i've got the new medicine album, the repress of the 2nd coachwhips album and broadcast- 'extended play two' arriving soon in the mail as well.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

The Janitors - Drone Head
Dead Sea Apes & Black Tempest - The Sun Behind The Sun

The Cardinal certainly knows how to put a record together 8)
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Apart from the Neil Young Glasgow SECC June 2013 gig, these have been on rotation last few weeks:

The Cramps - Songs The Lord Taught Us
Freddie Scott - Are You Lonely For Me?
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
Peter Cook & Chris Morris - Why Bother?
Chelsea Light Moving - S/T
Gram Parsons - GP/Grievous Angel
O P 8
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

shalloboi wrote: cave- 'hunt like devil'/'jamz' double EP (had some trouble figuring out if this was 45 or 33rpm)
I've really been digging a couple of Bitchin' Bajas albums lately, but to be honest have never investigated Cave. Seems like it is high time I do that. Where do I start?

Recently finished getting enough modules on a modular synthesizer to actually be making sounds I like. EDIT: Just posted a photo in the instruments forum. Sort of in line with that, almost everything I've been listening to has been really electronic/ambient lately. Before I get into that though:

Belong - Common Era
Belong - October Language

These two albums are beautiful - the first one sounds like underwater shoegaze drone, the second one sounds like Tim Hecker (much less structured, much more ambient, still beautiful). I feel like these two records have scored my weird late night melancholy drives around LA getting lost on the freeways since I won't be able to do that once I move to boston next week.

Anyways:

Bitchin Bajas - Bitchitronics and Krausened (and Water Wrackets)
JD Emmanuel - Wizards (fucking amazing piece of electronic synthesis please listen if you haven't)
Emeralds - Does It Look Like I'm Here?
Laurie Spiegel - The Expanding Universe (what I said for the JD record goes for this as well)
Kosmischer Laufer - Volume One (man the way that fourth track just erupts... have only actually taken the album for a run once)
Laraaji - Ambient 3: Day of Radiance
Koen Holtkamp - Gravity/Bees (modular synthesis stuff)
Pulse Emitter - Cosmic Images (modular synthesis stuff)
Suzanne Ciani - Lixiviation (a much lighter, funnier look at synthesis... there are a lot of pieces she made on her buchla stuff for atari commercials or car commercials or things like that)

Also, all the spacemen 3 boots that were posted a while back have been plenty of material for me to get lost in.

LA Summer Fun: Cosmonauts (anything)
High Wolf: Kairos/Chronos
Peaking Lights - 936/Lucifer in Dub

Also, was ecstatic to see one copy of the Hookworms EP reissue in a local record store. Snapped it up in an instant since I had been planning on ordering it online anyways. So excited to have this, felt really bummed that I had just missed getting a copy of it from MB when I first joined the board a while back due to a lack of funds.
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

What I was listening to last night:
Spiritualized's beautiful onslaught in the National Concert Hall, Dublin for which they received a standing ovation... twice! fantastic gig (so much better than the royal festival hall LAGWAFIS gig a few years back)
"Stay with me" was truly stunning.

back to earth/now

The Lucid Dream
http://theluciddream.bandcamp.com/album ... and-deceit

"descriptions of the bands’ sound has honed in on fuzz and drone heavy nods to Spacemen 3 and Spiritualized, BJM and The Heads, yet that somehow overlooks the pure pop savvy and stripped down acid drenched hooks of the US West Coast and prime era Mary Chain and Beach Boys feel to tunes like “Heartbreak Girl” and “Love In My Veins”. To these ears, tips of the hat also include a favourable one towards Motown in places even, so to dig a wee bit here is no bad thing…"
http://holyareyourecordings.bigcartel.c ... -deceit-lp
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

the ashes. england are on a roll! :D HOWWWZAT? bye bye
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

The Dr wrote:the ashes. england are on a roll! :D HOWWWZAT? bye bye

:D :D 8) 8) :lol:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

Temples - "Shelter Song" --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs4i41cOv0s

Really fucking catchy. From the midlands in england I guess. Redcloud, you should show your son this song if he hasn't heard it, I bet he will love it. Only heard this one and a few others by them (don't think they have released an album yet, just a few singles), but I really like this one. Sort of like I would Jagwar Ma, I would group Shelter Song into the sunny psych pop sound that Tame Impala sort of opened some door for. There's definitely an element of Olivia Tremor Control that ripples through all those bands.

Twangy sunburst guitar, nuggets-y vocals, good stuff.

Ultimately, I think all the Temples stuff feels a little to straightforward for me now, but I know if I had heard it a few years ago I would have fallen in love. I still really like it. The more I think about it, I feel like what would make or break this band (and similar bands) for me would be their live performances - if they can wig out, then they will win me over, if it' boring, fuck them.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Carlton Melton-Live Europe `12, got to say I`m getting some mileage out of this since RSD, a lean and concise best of, live ,yep that kinda defeats the purpose of most a their more expansive tracks, but its fucking good!! :D looking forward to seeing these guys,
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Majic Ship - S/T 1970 (great album from a little known Brooklyn teenage band. Some very polished tunes and a killer 11 minute version of 'Down By The River/For What It's Worth').

+ a lot of The Volta Sound
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Speck Mountain Badlands

I know Spzretent has already championed Speck Mountain on the forum but I've got to add my approval. Picked this up on vinyl in the sale of my local record store and it sounds lovely. My girlfriend and I are scratching our heads to who it reminds us of....we're thinking the vocals have a bit of a Throwing Muses-esque feel to them. Whatever the comparisons, the music and singing are dreamy and lush. Very nice purchase. And thanks again Alan for the recommendation. :D
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Kurious Oranj
Known user

Post by Kurious Oranj »

medicine - to the happy few

this is quite good .. sungaze 8)
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Shinesalight wrote:Speck Mountain Badlands

I know Spzretent has already championed Speck Mountain on the forum but I've got to add my approval. Picked this up on vinyl in the sale of my local record store and it sounds lovely. My girlfriend and I are scratching our heads to who it reminds us of....we're thinking the vocals have a bit of a Throwing Muses-esque feel to them. Whatever the comparisons, the music and singing are dreamy and lush. Very nice purchase. And thanks again Alan for the recommendation. :D
To me it sounds like a very soulful Mazzy Star. They are amazing live.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Kurious Oranj wrote:medicine - to the happy few

Yeah i'm enjoying this too...
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Damon & Naomi- The Wondrous World Of (Bootleg version)
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

Kurious Oranj wrote:medicine - to the happy few

such great news when i heard about that one. even more of a delight when it finally showed up on my doorstep.

a lot of grouper lately- 'dragging a dead deer up a hill,' 'the man who died in his boat,' 'way their crept,' 'cover the windows and the walls,' 'a i a.'

right now i'm stuck at work waiting for a maintenance guy to finish up after servicing our la marzocco machine for the past 3 hours. i'm passing the time by listening to a playlist of songs that i have that are on the new mazzy star album.