Spiritualized Myspace SecretShow Posters

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

spzretent
Site Admin

Spiritualized Myspace SecretShow Posters

Post by spzretent »

Fantastic poster.
Here is the direct link to the artist who did the poster for the show.
Reasonably priced.
http://www.bluecollardistro.com/myassoc ... 15&store=1
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
purespace
Known user

Re: Spiritualized Myspace SecretShow Posters

Post by purespace »

nice, great find.
I think I feel it coming on
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Don't see the poster ? Must have removed it ...
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

it comes up when I click on the link.
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

I got mine free at the show, and everyone was signing them. How cool! I saw Jason signing someone's shoes after the show/
Stonedutch
Known user

Post by Stonedutch »

I wonder if the ones being sold on the website are of the same heavy posterboard quality as the ones given out at the show...and are they numbered? I got 128/350 , so after giving out a couple hundred at the show, I wouldn't think there are too many left...unless he has an unnumbered batch on regular poster paper. Still worth it for though for $20. and a great design. If anyone orders one, let us know of the quality and if they are numbered, I'd like to get another if so.
"Where I stand is only three miles from space ..."
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Thanks Sprezent ! Just put my order for the poster. I copied and pasted the link, instead of clicking on it, thus not getting it initially.

I don't know about the quality of the poster, until I get it, as well if it is numbered ? I doubt it is numbered, since there will be somewhat a lot interest in it ?

Sprezent, I hope it doesn't offend you, but I HATE Gary Sheffield. He is an arrogant bastard and a loud mouth. He even called out Jim Leyland earlier this season and he doesn't seem like a 'team player' for some reason. As well, he is a hot head, much like Carl Everett (former BoSox).

Just play the Game, baby. You get paid $10+ million dollars a year and play and respect the game like it should be i.e. - Cal Ripken Jr., David Ortiz, Ichiro Suzuki, etc.

It gnaws me these fucking rich pricks who thinks that everything is owed to them or is it the red wine talking right now ... :oops:

Richard Spaceman
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

No offense taken Rich.
I hate him too.
And I am a season ticket holder.
I hope they cut him, eat $12 million and hope his career ends w/499 home runs.
Apparently no one on the team likes him much either. He sits on the bench by himself and has virtually no interaction w/the teammates.
He is a cancer.

Nice poster though, eh?
Vindaloo
Known user

Post by Vindaloo »

Just ordered mine - great poster, cant wait to frame and hang in the house somewhere.....

Who the fook is Gary Sheffield though? :?
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Vindaloo wrote:
Who the fook is Gary Sheffield though? :?
Baseball player. A mean one.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Yeah, Spzretent it is a nice poster.

SPZ didn't get tour S.F. this year, except this past weekend's 'Treasure Island Festival' w/ 40+ bands stretched over 2 days. I ain't going to pay $60.00 just see a 30 minute slot for SPZ, plus I'm not too keen on the other bands except ... maybe the Racounteurs ...
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

I got my frame at Aaron Brothers last night, looks really nice, definitely use sharpies for autographs, you can barley see SPACEMAN Rx, although Doggen's signature in black sharpie looks great. Jason had his own sharpie and was signing for everyone in line, leftfor about 20 minutes, and came back without a pen. He was very cool and said, "I'll be right back!" to the girl in front of me in line. Before he came back he was spending like 10 minutes with everyone in line. Which was kind of annoying because I was at the end of the line and just wanted to meet him. Anyway, great looking posters, 18"x24" I think...
Chris Barrus
Known user

Post by Chris Barrus »

dselevan2 wrote:I got my frame at Aaron Brothers last night, looks really nice, definitely use sharpies for autographs, you can barley see SPACEMAN Rx, although Doggen's signature in black sharpie looks great. Jason had his own sharpie and was signing for everyone in line, leftfor about 20 minutes, and came back without a pen. He was very cool and said, "I'll be right back!" to the girl in front of me in line. Before he came back he was spending like 10 minutes with everyone in line. Which was kind of annoying because I was at the end of the line and just wanted to meet him. Anyway, great looking posters, 18"x24" I think...
I must have been standing right next to you in line. I was right next to the guy who got his silver sneaker signed.
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

Hey Chris,
Maybe! I saw the guy get his sneaker signed.

Wasn't that show like 1995 Whiskey all over again? The spaceship came down at the end of the show.

I was the frazzled guy with the light blue cowboy shirt. Spaceman stopped signing right before I got to the front of the line. But I tracked him down at the end of the show and I'm glad I did...Man, it was like old time Spiritualized.
Chris Barrus
Known user

Post by Chris Barrus »

dselevan2 wrote:Wasn't that show like 1995 Whiskey all over again? The spaceship came down at the end of the show.
Indeed. The show I immediately thought of was 1997 headliner show at Canes in San Diego the night before they hooked up with Radiohead. The crowd was a mix of crazy Spz. fans who drove down from LA and beach denizens who had no idea who they were, but wanted something loud.

I actually asked Jason about it after the Echo show and he still remembered that Canes gig.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I just dropped off my secret show poster at a mom & pop frame store to get it mounted and framed.

Looking at the myspace secret show pictures I noticed red ones. Who got a red one? They look cool.
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

I noticed about 20% of the kids had red ones. They did look cooler.
loss_adjuster
New user

Post by loss_adjuster »

i think there were but a handful of the reds, they seemed to be randomly scattered amongst the greens---i was fortunate enough to grab one of each as some youngster traded it to me for a cigarette. i am in the process of getting them framed together.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

the red posters are what is known in the poster biz as a variant. A lot of graphic artists do a limited number of different color posters. There were only about 50 of the red posters. So they way way more limited than the blue or green(not sure what color it is exactly).
dselevan2
Known user

Post by dselevan2 »

I think mine was numbered out of 350. So one in 7 were red? I thought I saw more, but who knows...They looked great. I gave my buddy who went with me the extra poster I had. Seems like it would be depressing to have a poster for a show that you missed.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

"The Green" is Pantone 3285C

M
Design.
gottafire
Known user

Post by gottafire »

aaahhh Modlab while you're here can you advise me on how to get that green in Photoshop?
http://spiritualizedelectricmainline.blogspot.com/

The place for live Spiritualized®!!

Now with added Tufty power!!!
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

gottafire wrote:aaahhh Modlab while you're here can you advise me on how to get that green in Photoshop?

Please tell me it's because you have a recording of the echo show and you want to make cover art for it...

Pretty please? :D
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

dselevan2 wrote: Seems like it would be depressing to have a poster for a show that you missed.
well you cant be everywhere. I like the poster. i like the graphics. so i bought the poster. whether I was there or not makes no difference. I have loads of Spz posters from shows i wasn't at. unless you are from SF, where it seems all shows have posters, you just have to pick and choose which ones you like.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Go to Color picker and plug in the Pantome #, which was given as ' 3285C ' located at the bottom near RGB. I plugged in the given color and it was dark blue instead of green ?
gottafire
Known user

Post by gottafire »

toomilk wrote:
gottafire wrote:aaahhh Modlab while you're here can you advise me on how to get that green in Photoshop?

Please tell me it's because you have a recording of the echo show and you want to make cover art for it...

Pretty please? :D
God I wish it was so but if it was recorded it seems it's being hoarded lol
http://spiritualizedelectricmainline.blogspot.com/

The place for live Spiritualized®!!

Now with added Tufty power!!!
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

spacemanrich wrote:Go to Color picker and plug in the Pantome #, which was given as ' 3285C ' located at the bottom near RGB. I plugged in the given color and it was dark blue instead of green ?
wrong field.

that is the hex one for web.

R:038
G:146
B:131

C:95%
M:08%
Y:55%
K:00%

WEB/HEX:

here are the other numbers.

M
Design.
myassociatecornelius
New user

Post by myassociatecornelius »

Hey guys,

Micah Smith here. I designed the Spiritualized Myspace poster and the majority of the Myspace Secret Show posters.

I saw there were a few questions being asked about the posters and I thought I'd try and help everyone out by answering them! Feel free to ask any additional questions you might have...

The posters I am selling on my site are the same 100 lb. white cover stock and come from the same run as the posters given away at the show. My copies are artist proofs and are marked "AP" instead of being numbered and are also signed by me, which the ones given at the show are not. I only keep around 25-50 artist copies of each run. Of that I only sell a few and keep the rest for archive / portfolio purposes.

Re: the red variants, 350 were printed teal and only 50 were printed in the "soul on fire" red. I wasn't aware that they were giving these away at the show. I thought they were only giving these to the label / band / myspace...whoever got one of the red posters has something very rare indeed! I only have around 5, which are artist proofs. Feel free to inquire about the few I have available.

Also, I was just contacted by Spiritualized about possibly doing another poster or tour poster for this Fall. I will keep you all updated on what happens there.

Again, here is the link to the poster on my site, but if you're interested in a red variant, then I'm sure there's a way to private message someone on here : )

http://www.bluecollardistro.com/myassoc ... 15&store=0

Thanks for the kind words!
-Micah