Bob Log III

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

sunray
Known user

Bob Log III

Post by sunray »

Anyone know of this guy? Went to see him on Wednesday night, great gig. One man blues band playing nice, dirty slide guitar and funny as fuck too! He wears a gold glitter crashhelmet with a telephone that's wired up as a mic moulded into the visor. If you like Jawbone you'll love Bob Log III.

Here's a taster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOoNLy10Zlk

Go see him if you get the chance, you won't be disappointed. Oh, and he's on Fat Possum records too so someone here is bound to be interested.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
jack white
Known user

Re: Bob Log III

Post by jack white »

actually thought you mighta been in belfast last night. he was playing under the banner of "Not the Same Old Blues Crap" (a series of Fat Possum comps) and one of the support acts was David Holmes.

i couldn't go and am still pretty bummed about missing it.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Had no idea Holmes was supporting in Belfast, wouldn't have made it anyway as funds are been stretched to the limit at the mo. Hopefully Bob will be back soon and you'll get to see him.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
helm
Known user

Post by helm »

saw him at end of the road. great performance, no idea what he was on about though.
alan_cohaul
Known user

Post by alan_cohaul »

Bob Log III is insane, but in a good way! It's definetely always a fun time, I think it's been about 5 years since he's been here last. I usually have trouble listening to the records for anything but a few songs in, but live, it's the whole one man band, seeing it before your eyes thing....he really coordinates the bass string/ polyphonic playing style well, in that makes it sound like he's two guitarists.