Music so bad that its funny!

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

ryansocash
Known user

Music so bad that its funny!

Post by ryansocash »

I've come across some bad, terrible, vile music in the past.. but this is seriously the worst shit ever http://www.eliotpopkin.com/ .. seriously! Did any of you ever hear anything worse then that?
Zenchan
Known user

Re: Music so bad that its funny!

Post by Zenchan »

Zombie Man on the new Primal Scream album :wink:
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

The Verve's comeback single
nickh
Known user

Post by nickh »

The Legendary Stardust Cowboy - Paralysed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cq-9BSiHdY

I first heard this when I was about 16 and I still can't decide if it's shit or genius, very very funny though.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

they're streaming 'chinese democracy' on myspace starting today and i'd put it in this category. it is really hideously awful. i'd also describe it as 'autotune fest 2008.'
alan_cohaul
Known user

Post by alan_cohaul »

ryansocash wrote:I've come across some bad, terrible, vile music in the past.. but this is seriously the worst shit ever http://www.eliotpopkin.com/ .. seriously! Did any of you ever hear anything worse then that?
Hmm. I wouldn't say that's bad. Generic maybe, but not bad. My idea of bad is like, Crispin Glover's music.....it's so bad that you have to wonder whether he's serious about being bad, or just bad about being serious. There was some dude that added me on MySpace that was so absofuckinglutely bad and cheesy that it bordered on genius, like Falco or something.

IMHO, no one can compete with Complete for being "worst band ever". I'm a huge fan of bands that can't play and I love tons of avant garde and punk for this exact reason, but there's something extra funny about a band that's being, you know, serious and trying to make some major overblown sentiment....like "Hoogie Boogie Land", which is certainly a noble idea......but you get the impression that the band should actually learn how to all play in tune with each other first before they try to say anything lyrically.

I will rundown the exact feelings you will feel when you watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukjnrXTTvPY

1. curiosity. When the singer, Curtis starts addressing the crowd, you're thinking, okay, here's your regular band interacting with the audience.

2. The hat. You're thinking, "anyone with a Dr. Seuss 'Cat In The Hat' chapeau had better, like, ROCK"

3. "Hey Sparky!", you're thinking you're having a good laugh to yourself, but maybe these guys just roll that way, you know, part showman, kinda goofy.

4. The intro bass line is kinda wobbly, and you're thinking that "this is an amateur bass player", but ironically, you're not prepared for the impending climactic buildup of suck. It's sort of the calm before the storm.

5. Guitars and drums kick in and you're thinking, "what the fuck? Are these like, four bands or four members all playing different songs or something?"

6. "Hoogiehooooogie BOOOOOOGIE laaaaaaaahhaaaahahhaaaand" vocal snarls will have you rolling in comedic hysteria for awhile.

7. Morbid curiosity as to how possibly "complete"-ly bad that this band can possibly be and finish off listening to the whole song.

Complete are internet legends. In all of my 30 years on this planet, i've yet to see one band so willfully and naively ignorant of how terrible they are. But it's their enthusiasm in NOT knowing how bad that they are that makes it so funny and entertaining. And they're just all givin' it, you know, they're all in their own little world, hahaaaa. "Bad band doing 'The Final Countdown' " doesn't even compare.....Complete would blow them off the stage in a battle of the worst band ever. :D
Horrorflick
Known user

Post by Horrorflick »

Have you guys heard Scarlett Johansson's "music"? I don't know, I think it fits in this thread pretty well...
jahman
Known user

Post by jahman »

wow, thanks for posting that.
I was felling a bit low this morning, but Hoogie Boogie Land put a huge a smile on my face. God bless those guys...
I checked out Crispin Glovers stuff, kinda cute...
http://www.myspace.com/crispinhellion
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

shalloboi wrote:they're streaming 'chinese democracy' on myspace starting today and i'd put it in this category. it is really hideously awful. i'd also describe it as 'autotune fest 2008.'

album of the century.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

magnetized
New user

Post by magnetized »

most music present in the mass media makes me laugh,it is truely terrible,i know not how the art of music has been degraded into a production line of souless,witless musicians.

they just keep on coming,one after the other,all forgotten within a few years yet all marketed as the new up and coming thing.

mass marketing stratagems have clearly affected the minds of the many,rendering thier critical thought and judgment worthless,instead they like what they are told is good.

let it all come down!
http://nightsatheroundtable.blogspot.com/
one day a thousand silver ships,on your horizons blue ellipse......
radioshack
Known user

Post by radioshack »