sad news about the betas

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

clewsr
Known user

sad news about the betas

Post by clewsr »

http://www.nme.com/news/109362.htm

it also has two of the best quotes from band members ever.
spliffboy
Known user

Post by spliffboy »

very sad indeed............will have to make sure I go see them in the autumn..........I've never seen them live!
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Yeah thats a real shame. They are a great band who always tried to do something special. It didnt always quite work but that was part of the charm I think. Im gutted i missed them tour last time round.
im definatley going to the farewell gigs.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

I've been a real devotee of the Beta Band right from the start - in fact Spiritualized are the only band I've seen more times.

I shed a tear when I read the news, and the farewell gig will be a bittersweet affair for sure. They'd better bloody well play Dry the Rain...

:cry:
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

Greeny Im right withon this . Been into em since the beginning and still thought they were very close (maybe next record) to giving us the near perfect betas record. Pity we'll never know.
Ive been luck to catch em live many times and have always had a great night even when theyve sounded a wee bit below par as its always a great crowd who attend thir concerts. They are always on my stereo every week without fail.
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Shite. Never got a chance to see them when they toured the states a couple of months ago. It's a pity that talented bands such as the Beta Band and others never get the recognitition they deserve. Instead we get these fabricated boy/girl bands that can't play an instrument or write their own lyrics - what twats !
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

spacemanrich wrote:Shite. Never got a chance to see them when they toured the states a couple of months ago. It's a pity that talented bands such as the Beta Band and others never get the recognitition they deserve. Instead we get these fabricated boy/girl bands that can't play an instrument or write their own lyrics - what twats !
Yeah, but at least we get the Ashlee Simpson show ... it's hilarious!!!!

Sucks about the Betas ... their new album is really cool.
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

I'll definately be at the glasgow or edinburgh gig. So if anyone wants to hoook up for a fun filled funky nite in the company of the Betas givus a shout.
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
mainline
New user

Post by mainline »

Greeny wrote:I've been a real devotee of the Beta Band right from the start - in fact Spiritualized are the only band I've seen more times.

I shed a tear when I read the news, and the farewell gig will be a bittersweet affair for sure. They'd better bloody well play Dry the Rain...

:cry:
Me too, I loved that band. Finest moment I think was the three ep's. And I urge everyone who's not seen them to go and see their show. I saw them at glastonbury a few years ago and there was one point where they'd gone off track and started to improvise, like the often do, but seemed to get a bit stuck as to how to move on, so they're all glancing at each other and smirking. Then they just go horrendously out of time and cut the music. Intentional? I don't know. Probably.