Dirtbombs video clip

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

sunny
Site Admin

Dirtbombs video clip

Post by sunny »

Someone just sent me this link through Myspace... worth watching and the intro is pretty funny;

http://www.youtube.com/CINEMAROCK
'Come and rock and roll me over, Let's get this damn job over.'
Muscles
Known user

Re: Dirtbombs video clip

Post by Muscles »

what strikes me here is that KO's tits are bigger than i remember.
www.instagram.com/davidstroughter 8)
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

Muscles wrote:what strikes me here is that KO's tits are bigger than i remember.
:D Nice to have you back.

How are things with Mr Muscles?
supershonn
Known user

Post by supershonn »

thanks for making my morning sunny!

p/s - who's the new bassist?
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

New bassist? Have I missed something?!
supershonn
Known user

Post by supershonn »

yeah yeah (no punn intended), the last two shows i've seen them they had a differnt bassist, i can't forget it he was such a champ, telling us all about the tour, playing with jason and such.

maybe i'm justing old and ya know the eyes and the memories are starting to fade. jesus i hope not!
Muscles
Known user

Post by Muscles »

To my knowledge KO and Troy Gregory are still playing bass. That has been the lineup for 2 or 3 years now.
There was JIM DIAMOND on bass...the guy who did the first white stripes album. But that was long ago now.

Things are good Sunny! How goes it in Camden Town? Still lots of GOTHS running around?
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

Camden remains the same...goths, tourists and totally f * * * *d up locals. Remember the dodgy Bullit bar? A mate of mine got kicked off the stage there- that's a fist for me-seeing a band kicked out, 3 songs in. :lol: :lol:

I'm leaving Camden tonight (gulp!) for posher shores- Chelsea gallery private view thingy- chinese art. I've decided to break out the red lipstick! It would look great on you actually. :P

Love,
xx
Muscles
Known user

Post by Muscles »

Red lipstick WOW! check out miss fancy pants! I remember the council flat children making fun of me because of the pink jacket. And i miss all of the stabbings. This country isn't that big on stabbings which is a shame.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

no. this country is more into the new civil war when it comes to bailouts and Japanese car manufacturers.
Southern assholes.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

Muscles wrote:Red lipstick WOW! check out miss fancy pants! I remember the council flat children making fun of me because of the pink jacket. And i miss all of the stabbings. This country isn't that big on stabbings which is a shame.
It is still the same...but slightly worse. I now have a Somalian drug den next door to me. They chew chat all night long and scare the crap out of passers by. But I seem to have some sort of amnesty, being a neighbor. I sometimes hear great music from there. I have nearly ventured inside to check it out, but I hesitate. I guess I could drill a hole in my wall and stick a mic through, haha. But yeah, some very cool music indeed. Nothing like I've heard before.
The other day they had a fight with the Chinese guy in the chippy. He chased them down with a broken bottle. It took an army of people to stop him. I can't imagine what happened to make him so angry, he's one of the mellowest people on the street.

Speaking of Chinese. The exhibition at Saatchi was great. There was a fallen angel, with huge chicken style wings, crashed on the floor, a small city made of doggy chewits and lots of political art. Not even the least bit boring or pretentious.

I've resized this to be tiny, but if it's slowing down anyone's connection I'll be happy to delete it.

spzretent wrote:no. this country is more into the new civil war when it comes to bailouts and Japanese car manufacturers.
Southern assholes.
What is going State side? I am uninformed...
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

the US goverment okayed a $700 Billion bail out package for banks, wall st and insurance companies w/no restrictions and no proof of how this money was to be used. One thing it was supposed to was free up money for banks to keep lending to keep the economy going. Well the banks aren't lending. They are holding on to this money.
Here come the big 3 US auto companies who are getting killed by this credit stoppage. Admittedly they are behind the times. They carry huge legacy costs regarding pensions and health care costs for retired workers due to the union contracts. They went to Washington to ask for help and got grilled and basically had to get on their hands and knees and beg. And the Southern republican senators voted the loan(not bail out) down. Saying we have auto plants(all either Japanese or S Korean) and they are doing fine. In right to work states, meaning no union protection and they can be fired anytime.
The biggest problem is the effect just letting the auto companies go would have on the US economy. 3 Million jobs would be lost. Auto plants, suppliers, businesses by plants that survive off of the workers. It would send the US from the deep recession we are in into a depression.
Bottom line is these senators ok a package of $700 Billion w/no transparency(meaning seeing what they are doing w/this money) for white collar wall street folks but when it comes to the middle class here they dont care. This region, the midwest, would grind to a halt.
Reminds me of the 70's when you would see bumper stickers that said "Would last last person out of Detroit please turn out the light".
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

spzretent wrote:the US goverment okayed a $700 Billion bail out package for banks, wall st and insurance companies w/no restrictions and no proof of how this money was to be used. One thing it was supposed to was free up money for banks to keep lending to keep the economy going. Well the banks aren't lending. They are holding on to this money.
Here come the big 3 US auto companies who are getting killed by this credit stoppage. Admittedly they are behind the times. They carry huge legacy costs regarding pensions and health care costs for retired workers due to the union contracts. They went to Washington to ask for help and got grilled and basically had to get on their hands and knees and beg. And the Southern republican senators voted the loan(not bail out) down. Saying we have auto plants(all either Japanese or S Korean) and they are doing fine. In right to work states, meaning no union protection and they can be fired anytime.
The biggest problem is the effect just letting the auto companies go would have on the US economy. 3 Million jobs would be lost. Auto plants, suppliers, businesses by plants that survive off of the workers. It would send the US from the deep recession we are in into a depression.
Bottom line is these senators ok a package of $700 Billion w/no transparency(meaning seeing what they are doing w/this money) for white collar wall street folks but when it comes to the middle class here they dont care. This region, the midwest, would grind to a halt.
Reminds me of the 70's when you would see bumper stickers that said "Would last last person out of Detroit please turn out the light".
Sounds very serious. The shortsightedness of greed never seizes to amaze me!
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

bad thing is its regional. Hence the new civil war comment. These idiots are cutting off their noses to spite their face.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

spzretent wrote:bad thing is its regional. Hence the new civil war comment. These idiots are cutting off their noses to spite their face.
By regional I presume you mean Detroit-ish? It's overwhelming unfair how Detroit has been milked dry for such a long time. It is completely exploitative and outrageous. :evil:
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Actually by regional I mean the entire Midwest. Detroit being the epicenter.