The Stone Roses to perform...maybe

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

RoboHobo
Known user

The Stone Roses to perform...maybe

Post by RoboHobo »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... split.html

I say maybe because the source is the Daily Mail which is a huge pile of shit written by lying racists but...

If it is true, what do you all think?

I think it will be shit but will still get a ticket anyway.
bunnyben
Known user

Re: The Stone Roses to perform...maybe

Post by bunnyben »

RoboHobo wrote:[url]

I say maybe because the source is the Daily Mail which is a huge pile of shit written by lying racists but....
that is very true. as far as the reformed wiltshire stone roses, there is a credit crunch :wink:
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

Brown loses all respect and face if he does this. Whats the point, he does half the set in his solo shows. I can't stand bands who charge £35 to go through the motions......er wait a minute !!!

seriously l&g will be an experience (again), listening to 4 individuals who used to be mates crank out 1 great lp and a selection of singles is rubbish, proper heads should boycott this

see you there
radioshack
Known user

Post by radioshack »

It was in the daily record today too. They suggest it's definitely happening. A summer tour plus a Coachella or whatever. And they suggest money is the motivator.
laid back in the sun
Known user

Post by laid back in the sun »

i'll eat my XL elephant stone t shirt and fishing hat if this happens!
hey man theres a hole in my nose where all the money goes
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

laid back in the sun wrote:i'll eat my XL elephant stone t shirt and fishing hat if this happens!

hahahahahahahahaha.

I think you're safe: http://www.nme.com/news/nme/43512
Luminescence
Known user

Post by Luminescence »

There is no way this will happen. Ian Brown does'nt strike me as the type to backtrack like that and John Squire seems happy painting. And the Daily Mirror is hardly reliable when it comes to news is it!
Hey Jayne
Noddy
Known user

Post by Noddy »

Thank fuck this never happened. It was bad enough how they ended first time round, mind they are probably not bettered as a singles band, 1987-1991 some of the greatest music of all time. Leave it that way, am still recovering from the Verve's last album in places.
squire23
Known user

Post by squire23 »

I'm obsessed with the Roses - unhealthily so ever since the debut came out. While I'd love to see them come back, I'm with Squire's previous statement where he said he'd only be interested in it if it was to do new material. Those 4 guys clicked & had a vibe together to rival the Beatles. Eash one made the other better. While it kills me to see one of the finest guitarists on our generation whiling away his hours in his shed, if the mans happy leave him at it (eventhough he has also been quoted that he does occasionally break out the guitar & rock out to Driving South). Mani & Brown have done extremely well for themselves - it's just a bloody shame Reni wouldn't get off his ass & do something. That man was a fucking drum legend. Jesus, even Pete Townshend wanted him & that's saying something....

Here's hoping for a reunion at some stage but on their terms & not some stupid greatest hits tour.
nimatiks
Known user

Post by nimatiks »

I think I read somewhere that Ian Brown denies this...actually, if you type "Ian Brown on stones rose reunion" in google (or your favourite search engine anyway), you'll find many articles saying that his publicist ( :lol: ) denies all these rumors...
The Kwisatz Haderach
Known user

Post by The Kwisatz Haderach »

I'm glad this hasn't happened, i agree that there music was a style of its own but if they jumped on to this comeback bandwagon they would look as credible as Spandau Ballet, blantantly in it for the cash.

Anyway from what I've listened to their shit live, ever heard the Spike Island recording???? Jesus, fucking mince
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

anyone read browns view in the latest mojo?
Horrorflick
Known user

Post by Horrorflick »

I think I'm gonna have to file this under "I don't give a fuck". Some of Ian Brown's stuff is pretty decent and I wish the fuck I could hear Mani's superb bass tones every once in a while...
Something Wicked That Way Goes...
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

This was never gonna happen. Ian has his mind set.

If it did mind, it could go either way. I'd certainly get a ticket. I must be one of the few people who loves Second Coming just as much as the first album. And it's a crying shame that Squire has hung up his guitar for good (and another reason why it won't happen..)

Anyway if they were 'shit live' the first time even more reason to get back together, to do it right and do the songs justice in a live situation. It's like when people remake classic films- it's preferable to remake a bad film and improve it surely!!