lou reed and laurie anderson to perform in boston ma

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

bunnyben
Known user

lou reed and laurie anderson to perform in boston ma

Post by bunnyben »

BOSTON, MA.- On Friday, May 1, 2009, American artists Laurie Anderson and Lou Reed make a rare appearance together at a benefit concert in support of The Institute of Contemporary Art/Boston. The evening kicks off at 6:30 p.m. with an exclusive dinner in the ICA Founder’s Gallery overlooking Boston’s spectacular waterfront. Anderson and Reed perform at 8:30 p.m. in the Barbara Lee Family Foundation Theater followed by an exclusive after-party with dessert and dancing. Tickets can be purchased by calling 617-478-3184. Proceeds from the Benefit Concert support the ICA’s art exhibitions, performance series, and educational programs for young people. Cocktail fun attire. Tickets are $750 (includes concert and after-party) and $2,500 (includes pre-party dinner, concert and after-party) each.

Co-chairs of this year’s gala are Tristan and Martin Mannion and Shelly and Ofer Nemirovsky. Lead concert sponsors are Tristan and Martin Mannion, Kim and Jim Pallotta, Shelly and Ofer Nemirovsky, and John Hancock Financial Services. Additional early corporate support was received from Bank of America and Citi Private Bank.

Reed and Anderson rarely perform together, and this concert, “The Yellow Pony and Other Songs and Stories,” will be their first East Coast appearance as a duo. They will share classic and recent works in this intimate evening of music, stories, songs, and poems. The evening will draw from a wide range of their work: beat-driven improvised instrumentals, spoken pieces from their theater works, and songs and duets about love and its many cousins.

Laurie Anderson is one of America’s most renowned and daring creative pioneers, best known for her multimedia presentations and innovative use of technology. As a writer, director, visual artist and vocalist, she has created groundbreaking works that span the worlds of art, theater, and experimental music.

Lou Reed is an American Master, a playwright, poet, and photographer. A founding member of the legendary Velvet Underground, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1996.

http://www.artdaily.org/index.asp?int_s ... _new=30129
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
flamingrev
Known user

Re: lou reed and laurie anderson to perform in boston ma

Post by flamingrev »

Uh oh.

If they're playing music together, that must mean that Lou and Laurie are headed to splitsville.

I LOVE Laurie Anderson's first album, but after that I can't get into any of it.
mc
Known user

Re: lou reed and laurie anderson to perform in boston ma

Post by mc »

Funnily enough, today I listened to Laurie Anderson's "United States Live" for the very first time. It was a thoroughly enjoyable 4.5 hours :)