LAGWAFIS

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

helterskelter
Known user

LAGWAFIS

Post by helterskelter »

tracklisting is over on nme.com
TheWarmth
Known user

Re: LAGWAFIS

Post by TheWarmth »

Bonus CD1

'Ladies And Gentlemen (A Cappella)'
'Ladies And Gentlemen (Demo)'
'Ladies And Gentlemen (Strings)'
'Ladies And Gentlemen (Kate Telephone Call)'
'Ladies And Gentlemen (Moles Studio Mix 7)'
'Ladies And Gentlemen (Original Oratone Ideas)'
'Ladies And Gentlemen (A Cappella w/ Lead Vocal)'
'Come Together (Instrumental Demo)'
'Come Together (Demo In Lower Key)'
'I Think I'm In Love (Original Demo Idea)'
'I Think I'm In Love (Demo)'
'I Think I'm In Love (Drums/Wah)'
'I Think I'm In Love (A Cappella)'
'I Think I'm In Love (Vocal Demo Jan 96)'
'I Think I'm In Love (Gospel Choir Session)'
'All Of My Thoughts (Demo)'
'All Of My Thoughts (Strings)'
'Rocket Shaped Song'

Bonus CD2

'Electricity (Demo)'
'Electricity (January 96)'
'Electricity (June 96)'
'Home Of The Brave (Demo)'
'Home Of The Brave (Panned Vocal)'
'Beautiful Happiness'
'Broken Heart (Demo)'
'Broken Heart (Strings)'
'Broken Heart (Vocal Harmony/Angel Corpus Christi)'
'Broken Heart (Early Vocal)'
'No God Only Religion (Demo)'
'No God Only Religion (Horns)'
'Cool Waves (Demo)'
'Cool Waves (String Session Mix)'
'Cop Shoot Cop (Demo)'
'Cop Shoot Cop (Dr. John 'The National Anthem)'
'Cop Shoot Cop (String Session Mix)'
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

So, I wonder if this means no vinyl reissue.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

:shock: Woah - looking good i've got to say. Who was it that hoped for a 'Pet Sounds' track meltdown? Looks like that.

Still - no 'Wild Thing'. :cry:

Yet...
O P 8
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

my. that's got 'for obscure completists only' written all over it. Luckily that defines pretty much everyone here though. 6 versions of the same song seems a bit much, - hope they are different enough to merrit inclusion. Pottentially two new songs in there. I'm really hoping Rocket Shaped Song is actually a kick arse song!

Disappointed about no Wild Thing too Bza, but i still think you are probably making it up. Or you Dreamt it.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

interesting...no live version of the album then or obscure tracks that come from his '30' odd songs per album. it seems like a listen once and take away a couple of versions/songs from it. i'll still be getting it but...
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
slidesong
Known user

Post by slidesong »

bunnyben wrote:interesting...no live version of the album then or obscure tracks that come from his '30' odd songs per album. it seems like a listen once and take away a couple of versions/songs from it. i'll still be getting it but...
Albert Hall was pretty much L&G live. Please... no more live songs. I want new/old/reworked studio songs.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

hmmmm...."Rocket Shaped Song"

Really excited about this. Kate phonecall version of L&G's!!! I wonder what else she says.
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

maybe a live version will be out next year? even though i generally dont like live albums, i really like "albert hall" (broken heart being a particular fave) , so if a live version of the upcoming shows was released, id be buying
bunnyben wrote:interesting...no live version of the album then or obscure tracks that come from his '30' odd songs per album. it seems like a listen once and take away a couple of versions/songs from it. i'll still be getting it but...
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Just as i feared, overkill on just a handful of songs. Can't imagine the versions are going to be radically different to each other. A big yawn, on paper at least.

I'll still go and buy it though! :roll: :lol:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

I think this looks great! :D 10 out of 12 songs on the album are represented, along with two potentially unheard songs (I hope they're not Stay With Me and The Individual going under alternative names!) I too am glad there isn't a glut of live recordings - frankly, I feel we have enough (from that era at least). Sure, perhaps only a few of the tracks will be long-term classic keepers, but as a document of Jason's songwriting, recording and mixing process, this is going to be fascinating stuff.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Press release is now on the news page.

Release date: November 16th (17th for US)
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

*****The original album with new artwork and a revised version of opening track ‘Ladies & Gentlemen’ (now including “Can’t Help Falling In Love” as originally intended for this album), will also be released as a Standard 1CD Version. ********

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Does anyone know how much this blasted thing will cost?

I'm really excited about the stripped down alternate versions, especially since the album is my least favorite Spz lp on account of it sounding too polished, but I can't see myself spending more than $40 or $50 on this. I'm a loyal fan -- I bought Silent Sound and both treader releases in addition to everything else Spaceman has ever done -- so I hope J and the label recognize that charging fans exorbitantly for the fact that the CD is wrapped up like a pill might hurt their sales. I hope this isn't the first post-2000 high-profile Spz release that I'm unable to purchase...

Not to sound negative -- I am indeed excited, but a bit nonplussed about the editions described in the release.
haakon
New user

Post by haakon »

Holy shit! My favourite album EVER! The track listing looks amazing! I was really hoping for some demo versions but didn't believe in it..until now....
They Transmit
Known user

Post by They Transmit »

Reckon it looks like a winner, I for one am happy enough!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-lights-Become-lights/225847625393
mn_spi
Known user

Post by mn_spi »

great lists!
"now including “Can’t Help Falling In Love” as originally intended for this album"... i can't wait!!
but i don't know. Is "Beautiful Happiness" unreleased track?
Fede77
Known user

Post by Fede77 »

Friends,

I don't agree with you...I hoped that the special edition included more unrealised and new songs instead of new version of the songs that we listened more and more times. I try to explain better: I have the first and second complete works and these are the Spz's albums which I listened in less. I hoped that the 2 bonus cds included new unrealised songs, cover from classic artists, drones and so on.

How about the price? Do you think that the special edition worths 50 pounds...I don't have so much money... :(

Fede77
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Fede77 wrote: I don't agree with you...I hoped that the special edition included more unrealised and new songs instead of new version of the songs that we listened more and more times. I try to explain better: I have the first and second complete works and these are the Spz's albums which I listened in less. I hoped that the 2 bonus cds included new unrealised songs, cover from classic artists, drones and so on.
I see what you're saying, but the complete works 1 and 2 serve different purposes than these special addition LAGWAFIS. The complete works collections give you songs that were on singles, EPs, rare 7"s, etc. The purpose of the new bonus discs is to give you a glimpse of how the album was made, how the songs were originally presented, how the songs changed during the recording process, etc. It's not a focus on what could have been, but rather a focus on how things got to the point at which they were released. I think that in itself is the real treat. And we should only be so lucky........

Fede77 wrote:How about the price? Do you think that the special edition worths 50 pounds...I don't have so much money... :(
Neither do we. I highly doubt that even the special edition of it would cost that much. I think it's going to be very similar to the Stone Roses' recent legacy edition: Normal disc remastered with new liner notes for a normal new cd price, 3 discs in very nice packaging "special edition" for about $25 (15 pounds), and a collectors edition (12 pill pack) for about $90 (your 50 pounds). Sony is doing both of these legacy editions, so I don't think we can expect them to be much different than how the Stone Roses' reissue was treated (which is pretty spectacular in my opinion).
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

Price? Well the original 12xcd box set was £80 so I don't imagine it will get cheaper this time round!

I think some of the bonus tracks will be "listen to once then discard". But I'm hoping some of the complete demo's and versions will be fantastic.

Does it need to be remastered? I still think the '97 version sounds fine.
mn_spi
Known user

Post by mn_spi »

I think, this is Collector’s / Special Edition of [[LAGWFIS]].
therefore I feel glad that unpublished tracks of those days will be packaged.

...but my hope was gig of RFH be recorded and those tracks were included in bonus disks.
hope that it comes true at another opportunity...
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

Re the collectors edition; only 1000 will be available, do you think members will get first chance to get one of these? I'll be gutted if i miss out, and do you think it will be 1000 world wide or is that just for the uk market?
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

I would think it's 1000 worldwide - as it was first time round.
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

JPB wrote:Does it need to be remastered? I still think the '97 version sounds fine.
I'm not sure that is remastered - thought it was just a reissue, albeit with the original title track. But I agree with you that I don't think it does need a remaster.

So with the inclusion of the original version of LAGWAFIS, does this mean that an agreement has been reached regarding writing credits/royalties etc? I seem to remember hearing that one of the conditions of the Elvis estate agreeing to its use originally was that the track would have to be re-titled as 'Can't Help Falling in Love'?

Post by spazed99 »

It has not been re-mastered. An agreement has been reached and the track title will be "Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space (I Can't Help Falling In Love With You)".
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

Thanks Spazed!

So a compromise then (hopefully not all royalites will have to be surrendered!).

Now we can officially refer to it as LAGWAFIS (ICHFILWY) :!:

Post by jesus son »

purely guessing from the track listing but it looks as if we're almost going to get a LAGWAFIS construction kit, with the key component parts stripped out and 'de-cluttered' from the songs, what would make this very special is if there's a Pet Sounds box approach and they include Jason's verbal instructions/encouragements to the players in the studio at the end or start of the take
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

I'm very happy with that tracklisting! It's more than i ever could have hoped for- an abundance of LAGWAFIS demos.. heaven

I'll be buying all 3 formats.

Rocket Shaped Song and Beautiful Happiness do fit into the slots for the missing Stay With Me and Individual.. however the fact that both these songs appeared in the pure phase era with the later titles suggest that these are seperate pieces?? here's hoping.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

If this hasn't been remastered what is the point of re-issuing it?

Four versions of Broken Heart?? One was nearly too much.

Sounds like 'coin' to me.
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

Not sure I agree. The original version sounds great so doesn't need a remaster. It's being released again with 2 cd's of demo's and stuff. If you don't want to buy it... don't.

But some of us will love to hear the bonus stuff.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

new artwork, new version of title track, new packaging, more runs of rare editions, etc

In a nutshell: a more fully realized version of that album. At least with the title track, it is Jason's chance at going back and complete his vision for the album.

I'll be buying it for the demos.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

I'm ecstatic about the tracklisting - I love the fact that it's not just demos (i.e. rougher sounding versions of the final versions), but there are also broken down tracks, acapella versions, etc.
scratch
Known user

Post by scratch »

I would not have bought a remaster or a new version just for the "Can´t help.." (ok maybe if it was on sale for £5)

but this I just got to have!! Tracklist looks better than I expected :D
"the greatest example of self-violation in the history of art"
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Maybe Spazed99 can confirm the pedigree of Rocket Shaped Song and Beautiful Happiness? Are they completely unreleased or demos of L&G songs that just changed name later?

Either way, I reckon it's not too bad a package, although I will be a bit gutted if there's not one totally unreleased track in there...maybe Jase simply doesn't think he's got anything in the can that's worthy???
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Noddy
Known user

Post by Noddy »

Greeny wrote:Maybe Spazed99 can confirm the pedigree of Rocket Shaped Song and Beautiful Happiness? Are they completely unreleased or demos of L&G songs that just changed name later?

Either way, I reckon it's not too bad a package, although I will be a bit gutted if there's not one totally unreleased track in there...maybe Jase simply doesn't think he's got anything in the can that's worthy???
Yeah was wondering this myself, its not a bad package, its giving more of an insight into an album which holds a lot of mystery to say the least, I reckon they will be things you listen to a few times around the time of the re-release and dont re-visit for a long time, although I am sure the purpose of them is to open up more the recording process, I think we can see by the amount of genuine B-sides Spaceman has released that what goes on the albums is what is there in terms of material, I know there where 3 versions of These Blues over the years,
I think I read somewhere years ago that Spaceman wrote nearly all the album in 10 days, fucking amazing if so.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Broc wrote:If this hasn't been remastered what is the point of re-issuing it?

Well, I think, hands down, that 'Ladies & Gentlemen...' is probably the best produced/mixed/mastered album i've ever heard - it's truly amazing. 'Let It Come Down' is technically more out-there but nothing comes close to the 'warm and fuzzy' yet shiny and futuristic job on 'Ladies..'.

So as far as remasters of music goes, there is just no need here - the bass response and all that is fantastic - and unlike quite a few albums from that era it still sounds loud and dynamic (but not stupid loud or compressed to nothing...see and current 'rock' bands output...)

I'm all for a re-release - a full 12 years later mind, most bands now rerelease their albums months later with one or two extras - but hey, the bonus discs are where it's at for me.

Plus, be great to hear a non-bootleg version of the original title track - roll on November.

And that.
O P 8
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

"Plus, be great to hear a non-bootleg version of the original title track - roll on November"

I'm lucky enough to have the promo with the Elvis version. And yes, it does sound fantastic. I'm so glad they managed to get this added to the new release.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Looks like great extras but, would like the 3 cd set in a plastic box ,once that blister pack thing is opened man its just goona get dog eared and shabby ,with this in mind I remember putting my original cd in a plastic case and faked up a cover for it and stuck the original prescription package in the back of a cupboard for safe keeps ,found it a few weeks back and it looks okay ,but 3discs for the rerelease ,do they make a triple cd case?
The Soup Nazi
New user

Post by The Soup Nazi »

Hey Golden Gods, new member here. I have a coupla questions that may sound mighty clever and/or wretchedly silly depending on your patience and/or the medications you're on, and be answered either by your intrepid inside knowledge or yer anxious speculations:

1.- Will the CHFIL version of the title track be included on ALL three editions? OK, I know, this is most likely a dumb one, but the press release is slightly ambiguous about it - read it with a worried mind and it sounds like only the standard 1CD version includes it. Which would be crazy unacceptable, you dig.

2.- Since there'll be only 1,000 copies of the Collector's Edition, will all of them be sold via the spiritualized.com pharmacy/shop? If so, will there be a pre-order period or should I just put my finger on the trigger right on November 16?

3.- Back to the CHFIL thing, could this change the surgically precise 70:00 duration of the album? Eh? Huh? Hmmm...
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

Hello everyone - newbie here (occassional lurker), I've been loving the Spaceman for almost 20 years but Songs In A&E has tipped me over into obsessional so I thought I'd sign up and join your merry brigade.

Friends of mine clubbed together and bought me the original 12-pill box when it came out and then hid it from me for nearly a year 'til my next birthday came around... ya should have seen my stupid face when I opened that baby! I wonder if I can get 'em to do it again..... I'm afraid to say that I did open one of the blister packs, I had to see what the disc looked like... the whole thing has since been carefully cased and placed lovingly on my book shelf - it still makes me smile... personally I don't think L&GWAFIS is Jason's best album but the packaging is!!

For me the best thing about the re-issue is that I finally get to hear the CHFILWY sample.
and through wax seals and padlocks...a hand through my ribcage...past the choking I saw palms and fingers grasping shoulders...collarbone...crushing...I imagined myself hacking desperately at a sea of appendages...freeing myself like a butcher...
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

Elvis version runs at 3:54. The released version only 3:41. Which is why, I guess, there is the silence at the end of Cop Shoot Cop - to get the total running time back up to 70 mins.
duppyconquerer
Known user

Post by duppyconquerer »

BzaInSpace wrote:
'warm and fuzzy' yet shiny and futuristic job on 'Ladies..'.

the bonus discs are where it's at for me.

Plus, be great to hear a non-bootleg version of the original title track - roll on November.

And that.
looking forward to it! Hi everyone.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Nice to see you post D!
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

The Soup Nazi wrote: 1.- Will the CHFIL version of the title track be included on ALL three editions? OK, I know, this is most likely a dumb one, but the press release is slightly ambiguous about it - read it with a worried mind and it sounds like only the standard 1CD version includes it. Which would be crazy unacceptable, you dig.
It does read a little ambiguously but I expect that the original Elvis version will appear on all of the different editions.

Welcome by the way - always nice to see some new posters around!

Post by Sim »

JPB wrote:Elvis version runs at 3:54. The released version only 3:41. Which is why, I guess, there is the silence at the end of Cop Shoot Cop - to get the total running time back up to 70 mins.
Cop...... is about 1 minute longer (all silence) on the released CD than on the promos so they would have had to have added silence anyway even with the longer Elvis version - god I'm anal.

Post by spazed99 »

Ladies & Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space (I Cant Help Falling In Love With You) is on all formats. We're not allowed to mention Elvis....Presley.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

spazed99 wrote:Ladies & Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space (I Cant Help Falling In Love With You) is on all formats. We're not allowed to mention Elvis....Presley.
Thanks Spazed - are you able to shed any light on the two 'mystery' tracks - i.e. are they completely unreleased or just workign titles for songs that appeared on the album????
gottafire
Known user

Post by gottafire »

Personally I own copies of both versions of LAGWAFIS and just seem to prefer the released version better. I duno why. Nevertheless it's guna be great to hear the record as it was orginally intended, and the demos and stuff make this a very attractive purchase for me
http://spiritualizedelectricmainline.blogspot.com/

The place for live Spiritualized®!!

Now with added Tufty power!!!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I too prefer the album version. Love both though.
slidesong
Known user

Post by slidesong »

jadams501 wrote:Does anyone know how much this blasted thing will cost?

I'm really excited about the stripped down alternate versions, especially since the album is my least favorite Spz lp on account of it sounding too polished, but I can't see myself spending more than $40 or $50 on this. I'm a loyal fan --
Well, considering that Jason finances most special editions and vinyl releases of his music out of his own pocket, I wouldn't complain much about how much these reissues cost. Condsider it an investment - your money allows Jason to keep making music. That's all he makes music for: to make more music.

Personally, I don't think you will find anyone in music today that has such respect and love for his fans more than Jason Pierce. I think that's why he doesn't just release his albums on CD and maybe vinyl. No, he has a vision that goes beyond the music and that's why I think the artwork and packaging gets so many fans excited because it's almost like a gift from Jason, or maybe a thank you for supporting him all these years and being such a loyal fan. I think Spiritualized fans are probably the most loyal fans you'll see.

I don't care what these editions cost, I'm buying all of them regardless. Even though I'm unemployed and money is tight, I still need my regular Spiritualized fix and these reissues will hold me over until his next full-length LP. For all the pleasure and joy I've gotten from Jason's music since 1991, he can have my money. It's been worth every penny.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Picture from Farrow's blog is now up on the Spiritualized home page.
gottafire
Known user

Post by gottafire »

slidesong wrote:
jadams501 wrote:Does anyone know how much this blasted thing will cost?

I'm really excited about the stripped down alternate versions, especially since the album is my least favorite Spz lp on account of it sounding too polished, but I can't see myself spending more than $40 or $50 on this. I'm a loyal fan --
Well, considering that Jason finances most special editions and vinyl releases of his music out of his own pocket, I wouldn't complain much about how much these reissues cost. Condsider it an investment - your money allows Jason to keep making music. That's all he makes music for: to make more music.

Personally, I don't think you will find anyone in music today that has such respect and love for his fans more than Jason Pierce. I think that's why he doesn't just release his albums on CD and maybe vinyl. No, he has a vision that goes beyond the music and that's why I think the artwork and packaging gets so many fans excited because it's almost like a gift from Jason, or maybe a thank you for supporting him all these years and being such a loyal fan. I think Spiritualized fans are probably the most loyal fans you'll see.

I don't care what these editions cost, I'm buying all of them regardless. Even though I'm unemployed and money is tight, I still need my regular Spiritualized fix and these reissues will hold me over until his next full-length LP. For all the pleasure and joy I've gotten from Jason's music since 1991, he can have my money. It's been worth every penny.
Totally agree with you. I remember once a quote from Jason saying he didn't want to just add to the glut of plastic boxes already on the racks. Beautiful packaging for beautiful music. Right from Pure Phase when he had the money to do it he's always tried to do something special for us. LAGWAFIS is probably the best packaging I've seen but Let It Come Down I found interesting, the fact that Amazing Grace came across like you'd burned the disc yourself at home was pretty cool and minimalist, just like the record. Songs in A & E booklet form was beautiful.
I really wish they would do a revamped LGM though. That in special packaging would be great. So come on Jason! :lol:
http://spiritualizedelectricmainline.blogspot.com/

The place for live Spiritualized®!!

Now with added Tufty power!!!
slidesong
Known user

Post by slidesong »

LAGWAFIS is probably the best packaging I've seen
The 12-cd blister pack won a few awards for best packaging.

And when the 2LP green vinyl edition of Songs in A&E sold out the entire first run, there was such high demand for the item that Jason put up his own money to print more (much to the chagrin of the collectors out there who wanted to keep their green vinyl limited) because he wanted everyone who wanted one to have one.

That, to me, is such a generous and amazing thing to do for your fans.
So, those of you who are complaining about the prices or that Jason is just 'cashIng in,' just zip your lip. No one is forcing you to buy anything.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Some people just cant afford it in this economic climate. i cant. I have an obscene amount of Spacemen 3/Spiritualized items. This time I will just have to bite the bullet and not buy the 12 cd pack. We all know what Jason puts into the packaging. Its wonderful to be so into, and collect a band like this. But times are tough. You have to draw the line somewhere.
slidesong
Known user

Post by slidesong »

spzretent wrote:Some people just cant afford it in this economic climate. i cant. I have an obscene amount of Spacemen 3/Spiritualized items. This time I will just have to bite the bullet and not buy the 12 cd pack. We all know what Jason puts into the packaging. Its wonderful to be so into, and collect a band like this. But times are tough. You have to draw the line somewhere.
I know that times are tough. I do. But, we can only hope that these deluxe editions won't be as expensive as we fear they may be. Start socking some money away now and hopefully by the time these come out, you might have just enough to add these to your collection. All I know is that the second these editions go up for pre-order, I'm so pre-ordering them all.

Do you all think the deluxe editions will only be available through the Pharmacy, or will they make them available to Rough Trade - as they did with Songs in A&E - making the limited green double vinyl only available through one shop?
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

slidesong wrote: Do you all think the deluxe editions will only be available through the Pharmacy, or will they make them available to Rough Trade - as they did with Songs in A&E - making the limited green double vinyl only available through one shop?
No one is quite sure at this moment. I'm sure they will announce it soon though.

If I were a betting man, I'd say they would also be available elsewhere.
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Re: "zipping my lip"...

I agree that complaining about the packaging if the thing is somewhat comparably priced to other expanded editions would be inappropriate, but we haven't seen any prices yet so it's too early to say. As I wrote in my previous post, I am willing to pay $40 or even $50 dollars for the 3-CD version -- I'm not at all saying I'm not willing to pay a generous price -- but if it's more than that, in this economy, it may become the first Sp3/Spz release I'm unable to add to my collection.

That said, I hope this is a kerfuffle over nothing and that I can happily purchase it along with everyone else eagerly anticipating more of J. Spaceman's incomparable music.

slidesong wrote:
LAGWAFIS is probably the best packaging I've seen
The 12-cd blister pack won a few awards for best packaging.

And when the 2LP green vinyl edition of Songs in A&E sold out the entire first run, there was such high demand for the item that Jason put up his own money to print more (much to the chagrin of the collectors out there who wanted to keep their green vinyl limited) because he wanted everyone who wanted one to have one.

That, to me, is such a generous and amazing thing to do for your fans.
So, those of you who are complaining about the prices or that Jason is just 'cashIng in,' just zip your lip. No one is forcing you to buy anything.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

So we're really not getting a vinyl version? Man, what a bummer. Perhaps one day the whole damn catalog will be re-released on vinyl. At this point L&G is the only one I don't have and I just won't pay $300 for it.
ronn109
Known user

Post by ronn109 »

prices and stuff are now on play.com

3 cd £33.99 Some piccys to go with this.
12 cd £109.99

enjoy.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

HOW much!! :shock:
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Yeah, I probably won't be spending $175 plus shipping on the 12 cd version, as much as I'd love to have one.
mn_spi
Known user

Post by mn_spi »

ronn109 wrote: 12 cd £109.99
Oh! Ouch !
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

I'll spend the cash on the 3 cd version - but the 12cd is way too much. If it came with a vinyl copy.... well....
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

jesus! and thats the special offer price, thats a bit more than i'd hoped for :cry:
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

yeah i was thinking like 80 quid or something.... i'll have to see how my bank balance is doing at the time. i guess these things are super limited, but that is a lot.

on a brighter note the packaging looks gorgeous in those pics on play.com