Spiritualized Vids

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

veep23
Known user

Re: Spiritualized Vids

Post by veep23 »

Good stuff guys. Cool to see keyboardist (thigh?) going off on the theremin on Electricity in the TVE vid. Drummer looks possessed.
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

I have news!!!! I found the Benicassim 2008 footage on Dime - it is f**king MINT quality!!! I've ripped it down and I've just gotta put it together in to one AVI and then I'll be uploading it. Be excited, be very excited coz it is OUTSTANDING quality. F**k I love Dime.
and through wax seals and padlocks...a hand through my ribcage...past the choking I saw palms and fingers grasping shoulders...collarbone...crushing...I imagined myself hacking desperately at a sea of appendages...freeing myself like a butcher...
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

But have we located the stick?

That Benicassim show has been going around for a while. I'd imagine that it's already on the stick.

BUTTTTT I guess if we can't find it then we should all check into our Dime accounts...

C'mon, seriously...where is it??
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

niamhm wrote:just out of interest ,anybody know where this is just now ,hasn`t been spotted for about 3 months ,I had it in May and it had about 6/7 addresses to go ,in the interests of fairness to clewsr time to pull the finger out and maybe get it back to him this year .
This has been an awesome labour of love for Laz and Clewsr who started this off, and for everyone who has taken part and sent the stick on in good faith. I didn't get involved myself this time round but would like to request that whoever has the stick right now please let those above know about it!

Catmole, you say you can't remember who got it next but do you have any PMs or such from that time do indicate who was next on the list? UK based?? Somebody has to know who got it.

It would be a shame for this project to be derailed down to selfishness on one persons part.
O P 8
Meo
Known user

Post by Meo »

Hi all
Would be really really interested in joining this pass on thingy if the stick ever does rematerialise. Not sure how i'd do this but let me know anybody (Please!) if this gets running again. Bza I promise not to run a few thousand miles and spend 4 years getting back to anyone! (Check yer PM's too when you get a min).
Thanks.
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

toomilk wrote:That Benicassim show has been going around for a while
Oh poop I thought I'd discovered a rare gem! The mis-spelling of You Lie You Chat made me giggle though. I'll upload it anyway in case someone out there needs it.
and through wax seals and padlocks...a hand through my ribcage...past the choking I saw palms and fingers grasping shoulders...collarbone...crushing...I imagined myself hacking desperately at a sea of appendages...freeing myself like a butcher...
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

As promised here is a link to the 2008 Benicassim gig:

http://rcpt.yousendit.com/1025876833/a3 ... 961576d1b1
marc w
Known user

Post by marc w »

Turned up yet? Doesn't seem right if someone just can't be arsed.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

If need be. I will gladly donate a new stick with all the material that was on it and send it out.

SO whoever has the damn thing! Get it going. You have 2 weeks! Otherwise the Spirtualized
Mods will hunt you down and steal your first born.

:)

M
Design.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

MASSIVE BUMP!

Did this ever turn up again?

I suspect not - however feel free to prove me wrong.

I cannot believe this made it all over the world only to "disappear" back in the UK.

Whoever is holding on to it (somebody must have known who was getting it next, right?) please let someone know, otherwise may your speakers melt and your milk turn sour and your eyes turn red.

And stuff.
O P 8
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Heh heh. well said bza.

It's a shame this didn't make it round, it would be nice if whoever has got it could find it (it's probably down the back of the sofa) and pass it on. There were quite few other people interested in being added to the list.

If it doesn't turn up then we should think of the easiest way to host it on line. The way we did it seems a bit quaint now, we might have well have used carrier pidgeons.....or morse code!
CatMole
Known user

Post by CatMole »

I really did send it on you know.
It was to someone in the UK.
Why would I know who I sent it to? I just copied the address onto a jiffy bag, that kind of thing really does not stick in the mind for me.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

gassjack wrote:I have news!!!! I found the Benicassim 2008 footage on Dime - it is f**king MINT quality!!! I've ripped it down and I've just gotta put it together in to one AVI and then I'll be uploading it. Be excited, be very excited coz it is OUTSTANDING quality. F**k I love Dime.
My copy of Beni has this text info:
SPIRITUALIZED, FESTIVAL INTERNATIONAL OF BENICASSIM, JULY 2008.
SOURCE: HAUPPAUGE WIN TV NOVA- PC - TMPEG ENCODER DVD AUTHOR - YOU

VIDEO: DVD PAL, 720X576, 25 FPS(4:3), 5900 Kbps
AUDIO: MPEG-1 AUDIO LAYER-2, 48000 HZ STEREO, 320 Kbps
and it's 1.89 GB. here's the cover I have:
http://i.imgur.com/bSbFW.jpg
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

CatMole wrote:I really did send it on you know.
It was to someone in the UK.
Why would I know who I sent it to? I just copied the address onto a jiffy bag, that kind of thing really does not stick in the mind for me.
CatMole hi - I wasn't having 'a go'. So do you think you were the last person to see it? On checking back through this thread I think you maybe were.

While I'm not expecting you to remember off hand who it was sent to, do you not have an email or PM regarding the address details - how did you find out who was next in the loop?

It's just so I can then despatch a battalion of futuristic, 'search-and-destroy' class android assassins to said addy - unless they come clean (or search down the back of the sofa!)
O P 8
CatMole
Known user

Post by CatMole »

Someone must pay for this!
I do think I'm the last person to have had it, or at least the last person to have acknowledged having it.
There was a bit of paper included in the package I recieved with a list of names and addresses, I just picked one and sent it.
Doesn't seem to be turning up, I think it may be time to give up on it.
RIP USB thingy.
gassjack
Known user

Post by gassjack »

davedecay wrote:
gassjack wrote:I have news!!!! I found the Benicassim 2008 footage on Dime - it is f**king MINT quality!!! I've ripped it down and I've just gotta put it together in to one AVI and then I'll be uploading it. Be excited, be very excited coz it is OUTSTANDING quality. F**k I love Dime.
My copy of Beni has this text info:
SPIRITUALIZED, FESTIVAL INTERNATIONAL OF BENICASSIM, JULY 2008.
SOURCE: HAUPPAUGE WIN TV NOVA- PC - TMPEG ENCODER DVD AUTHOR - YOU

VIDEO: DVD PAL, 720X576, 25 FPS(4:3), 5900 Kbps
AUDIO: MPEG-1 AUDIO LAYER-2, 48000 HZ STEREO, 320 Kbps
and it's 1.89 GB. here's the cover I have:
http://i.imgur.com/bSbFW.jpg

Yes that is the one I have - does anyone want it? If so then I'll upload.
olliemorr
Known user

Post by olliemorr »

The USB key never resurfaced did it? Shame, because I've uploaded a bunch of full Spz gigs to Youtube and I'd like to stick any others on there that I haven't got. If I was to send a USB key to someone I don't suppose they'd be willing to load it with any shows they've got?
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

olliemorr wrote:The USB key never resurfaced did it? Shame, because I've uploaded a bunch of full Spz gigs to Youtube and I'd like to stick any others on there that I haven't got. If I was to send a USB key to someone I don't suppose they'd be willing to load it with any shows they've got?
I would be happy to do a copy of the original USB for you ,shall I pm you an address to send it to?
olliemorr
Known user

Post by olliemorr »

niamhm wrote:
olliemorr wrote:The USB key never resurfaced did it? Shame, because I've uploaded a bunch of full Spz gigs to Youtube and I'd like to stick any others on there that I haven't got. If I was to send a USB key to someone I don't suppose they'd be willing to load it with any shows they've got?
I would be happy to do a copy of the original USB for you ,shall I pm you an address to send it to?
That would be most kind, but before you do I don't suppose you'd be able to post a list of what vids are on there just to see what I've got/haven't got? I've got all the ones listed near the beginning of the thread (the files contained within the two torrents). I saw mention of an Electric Ballroom gig as well as Glasto 98 and those are two I haven't got.

Thanks!
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Found these clips just now: Shine A Light, YLYC and Cheapster in St. Petersburg. Excellent quality. Wonder if the full gig is available anywhere? http://www.youtube.com/user/griphel#g/search

Have often wondered the same about this one from 1995: Electric Mainline, Let It Flow, Medication and These Blues. http://www.youtube.com/user/indianajone ... s#g/search

TMTTOS in Wedgewood Rooms Portsmouth (a venue i once DJ'd in! Number 2 of my 3 venues in 24 hours. Superstar DJ i was not though :lol: ) Worth watching just for the lights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25b6a3JB ... re=related Oh for the days when the whole gig was like that.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

olliemorr wrote:
niamhm wrote:
That would be most kind, but before you do I don't suppose you'd be able to post a list of what vids are on there just to see what I've got/haven't got? I've got all the ones listed near the beginning of the thread (the files contained within the two torrents). I saw mention of an Electric Ballroom gig as well as Glasto 98 and those are two I haven't got.

Thanks!

well theirs def.not the 2 shows you mention on it,try this

Glastonbury 92, 02,04 and 08,
fuji rock festival 02,
hultsfred fest.02
RFH 04.
route du rock 98
sydney 09,
world trade centre,
brixton ac. XFM show?
LAGWAFIS spin webcast,
inspired by iceland ,acoustic mainlines show,

theirs numerous other short pieces to many to list and a couple of Spacemen shows ,oh and the space oddysey thing.
olliemorr
Known user

Post by olliemorr »

niamhm wrote:
well theirs def.not the 2 shows you mention on it,try this

Glastonbury 92, 02,04 and 08,
fuji rock festival 02,
hultsfred fest.02
RFH 04.
route du rock 98
sydney 09,
world trade centre,
brixton ac. XFM show?
LAGWAFIS spin webcast,
inspired by iceland ,acoustic mainlines show,

theirs numerous other short pieces to many to list and a couple of Spacemen shows ,oh and the space oddysey thing.
It's the full shows I'm interested in really, not too bothered with promo vids or promo spots, etc. From what you've listed above I'm only missing Glasto 2002 and Fuji 02. Looks like I've got all the other stuff. Would love to have copies of those two shows if possible.....? :)
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Ollie - you're killing it on youtube. Fantastic uploads!

https://www.youtube.com/user/olliemorr#g/u
olliemorr
Known user

Post by olliemorr »

toomilk wrote:Ollie - you're killing it on youtube. Fantastic uploads!

https://www.youtube.com/user/olliemorr#g/u
Well I thought I'd take advantage of my ability to upload videos of over 15 mins in length to Youtube and archive any Spz gigs there that are available rather than see them just disappear into the ether like most other streamed shows. Also, Youtube is more accessible to most people and useful for those who wouldn't normally go down the download/sharing usb key route. Hopefully Youtube won't remove them any time soon.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Does anyone know where this full set is from?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aoc43g-P_4I

I'm guessing some South American festival during the A&E tour but it'd be nice to have a bit more detail. Cheers.

Youtube embedding still not working for me in Firefox btw :?
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five