MY WAY

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

bruce_brobertson
Known user

MY WAY

Post by bruce_brobertson »

Got the new Ian Brown LP today, great stuff if I may say so, any other King Monkey fans here that can give comments and the like?
spacemanD
New user

Re: MY WAY

Post by spacemanD »

Not got it yet,but will do very soon as big Ian Brown fan. Been listening to the greatest hits album in the car,man he's put out some great stuff.
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

I just got ahold of the new LP but haven't listened to it yet. I really hope it's a return to form because the last one (other than the title track) struck me as pretty mediocre and the one before that was pretty inconsistent as well. I adore Music of the Spheres, but it seems that other than that Brown has really struggled to craft a consistent album, though he's usually good for at least a handful of great tracks per record.

I don't have his "greatest" cd but, yes, the best of his solo work is fantastic.
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

I am pleased (and surprised, tbh) to say that I think MY WAY is a strong return-to-form for Ian Brown after the relative disappointment of the last two albums. The Crowning of the Poor is pretty awful (Ian Brown is at his worst when sanctimoniously mouthing platitudes about complex political issues) and there are a few other dodgy moments, but the album is mostly pretty hooky and well-written.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Yeah must agree that, although I'm massive IB fan, he hasn't really recorded an out and out classic album. There are always 2 or 3 great tracks on his albums but rarely more than that. Just bought his latest offering and waiting to see if he's managed to pull it off this time. Also, a friend of mine is trying to get me a freebie for his late night gig at the Brixton Academy which should be a winner.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

is 'marathon man' ( which is alright ) about jimmy saville, and as for the cover of 'in the year 25 25', oh dear