Ian Brown arrested...

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

jadams501
Known user

Ian Brown arrested...

Post by jadams501 »

... for alleged domestic assault.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8339946.stm

Thoughts?
mkb
Known user

Re: Ian Brown arrested...

Post by mkb »

Don't want to comment on this incident, as all I know is what I've read on a couple of news websites (basically that there's been an alleged assault), but am I right in saying that his previous conviction involved threatening or violent behaviour towards a female?
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Obviously without making light of violence of any kind, be it to man or woman....but fuck, I'm meant to be seeing him in December and, knowing my luck, he'll probably be banged up!
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Prince Bishop
Known user

Post by Prince Bishop »

I hope this isn't true, people who beat women are scum and I love Ian Brown.
bruce_brobertson
Known user

Post by bruce_brobertson »

He couldve murdered the woman and still would've looked cool as fuck. He's my idol though and I adore him, but I hope the rumours arent true and that it was just a domestic that someone thought it was their business.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

bruce_brobertson wrote:He couldve murdered the woman and still would've looked cool as fuck.
:shock:
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

runcible wrote:
bruce_brobertson wrote:He couldve murdered the woman and still would've looked cool as fuck.
:shock:
eh.....wtf.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

[quote="bruce_brobertson"]He couldve murdered the woman and still would've looked cool as fuck.

So how cool is Marlon King? :shock:
'Remember, change is not good'
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

OJ Simpson
Phil Spector
Robert Blake
The list of losers/murderers goes on and on.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

bruce_brobertson wrote:He couldve murdered the woman and still would've looked cool as fuck. He's my idol though and I adore him, but I hope the rumours arent true and that it was just a domestic that someone thought it was their business.
To be fair to Bruce, I think he was just insinuating that Ian Brown is one cool mutha, I don't think he was condoning violence towards women. Well I hope not anyway. Must admit, this could have been worded slightly better.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

Maths :

Ian Brown = 46
Fabiola Quiroz (Brown) = 37

The police have issued a statement saying that a 37 year old woman has made an allegation of domestic assault.
They (the police) arrested a 46 year old man on suspicion of domestic assault.. i.e not a rumour

It wasn't someone who "thought it was their business" it was more than one i.e. reports and not a report of a disturbance.

In this day and age I think it was fuckin' cool of the neighbours to actually give a fcuk.

As for Ian Brown; anyone that believes a ten year old kid will grasp an iota of self-worth/identity from glamorised life-stories of Marshall Mathers, Christopher Wallace and Curtis James Jackson III is seriously fucking deluded.

Best,

Stuart
Shoulders back, smash it
bruce_brobertson
Known user

Post by bruce_brobertson »

Sorry to those who thought I was condoning Ian's behaviour, I DONT, and made the comment to have a comic effect to empahise the guy's coolness. Hope I caused no offence to any reader that may have been victims/witnesses to domestic violence.

Peace,

"Bruce".
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

Ads wrote:
bruce_brobertson wrote:He couldve murdered the woman and still would've looked cool as fuck. He's my idol though and I adore him, but I hope the rumours arent true and that it was just a domestic that someone thought it was their business.
To be fair to Bruce, I think he was just insinuating that Ian Brown is one cool mutha, I don't think he was condoning violence towards women. Well I hope not anyway. Must admit, this could have been worded slightly better.

I think your right Ads. He meant that he could have nearly murdered her and still looked cool.

Murder. It's not cool.
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
Already There
Known user

Post by Already There »

Prince Bishop wrote:I hope this isn't true, people who beat women are scum and I love Ian Brown.
:cry:
W: What are we supposed to do with that?
M: Eat it.
W: Eat it? Fucker’s alive.
M: Yeah, you’ve got to kill it.
W: Me? I’m the firelighter and fuel collector.

Gigs 2010: http://www.last.fm/user/Colin_in_Mexico/events/2010
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

ORBITAL wrote:
Ads wrote:

I think your right Ads. He meant that he could have nearly murdered her and still looked cool.

Murder. It's not cool.

For the benefit of those who don't know me I was pissing about too.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Luckily, having read a lot of stuff of yours on here and also having met you once (in the infamous drainpipe climbing/ankle breaking incident in Edinburgh!), I read your message with the big portion of sarcasm I guees you were serving it up with. :wink:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
ORBITAL
Known user

Post by ORBITAL »

Why, you cheeky fu*ker. :lol:
ReturnToForever
Known user

Post by ReturnToForever »

it is also very interesting tonote that mr brown (aka monkey king okay? :D ) his wife is of mexican ancestry. now i would think, for reasons that i've witnessed over the years, that hispanic people are much more willing to let domestic issues go. i think so. so maybe perhaps mr brown is really a violent guy, who married a mexcian woman because only she would put up with him! :D but anyways, this is not good for ian. at 46 you do not want to be beating up your wife of how many years. that is not acceptable. beating women is wrong, just wrong. it low. it shows lack of self restraint and manliness.