Collectors Edition

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

laid back in the sun
Known user

Re: Collectors Edition

Post by laid back in the sun »

do we have to break the seal to get the signed prescription thingy??
hey man theres a hole in my nose where all the money goes
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

laid back in the sun wrote:do we have to break the seal to get the signed prescription thingy??
Nope, it's in a little black envelope on the outside.
eelnekwah
Known user

Post by eelnekwah »

E mail I received yesterday from ATP.Damn snow

We are writing to advise of a small delay in the shipment of the
Spiritualized boxsets.

Please ignore this email if you have already received your order!

Unfortunately due to the adverse weather conditions, part of the
delivery has been held up and thus the dispatch from our office was
delayed.

We are expecting to be able to dispatch all of the remaining orders by
Monday all being well.

Please accept our very sincere apologies for this unavoidable delay
and be assured we are doing our very best to resolve the situation.

best regards,
ATP Recordings
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

danesmoor wrote:Merry Christmas:
13843_245059495774_673315774_4841318_1631232_n.jpg
what is it! shake the box!
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

got an email today from ATP saying they lost my details and could i send them again so they can despatch my cd, theres no way im getting this before Christmas is there? Not happy at all, fucking raging infact! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
laid back in the sun
Known user

solarflarez wrote:got an email today from ATP saying they lost my details and could i send them again so they can despatch my cd, theres no way im getting this before Christmas is there? Not happy at all, fucking raging infact! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
if its posted tomorrow first class you should still have it by xmas... although im not holding my breath waiting on mine either!
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

I've not had mine either... :(
jesus son
Known user

Post by jesus son »

if its posted tomorrow first class you should still have it by xmas... although im not holding my breath waiting on mine either!
On the order form it said Special Delivery, so as it's now gone 1pm they still can't have sent them out yet :?
laid back in the sun
Known user

an irritating delay with a spz release... who'd have thought it! :lol:
jesus son
Known user

Post by jesus son »

laid back in the sun wrote:an irritating delay with a spz release... who'd have thought it! :lol:
there's a first time for everything :D
jesus son
Known user

Post by jesus son »

just been delivered! hopefully everyone should get theirs today
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

Mine has arrived! It looks great! Love the signed prescription.

so - are people opening the shrink wrap..?
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Just arrived!! Bit concerned when postman said it looked as though the outer box had come open (it had, as only lightly stuck) - all in order though.... :-)

Bigger than I thought - and teeny cute prescription to go with it (155 of 1000)

SM
Salmo
New user

Post by Salmo »

Am I being daft - but is there anyway to download the bonus tracks?

All I can seem to download from lagwafis.com is the 12 album tracks.
keefy
New user

Post by keefy »

Still no sign of mine...
Disappointed to see that it's shrinkwrapped, I think I'm going to have to open it though as I have to at least see the foil pill strip even if I'm not going to take the CDs out. £130 for a sealed cardboard box is a mad step too far.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

Salmo wrote:Am I being daft - but is there anyway to download the bonus tracks?

All I can seem to download from lagwafis.com is the 12 album tracks.
I haven't had a look at my box yet (I'm hoping that it will be waiting for me when I get home), but I believe that the bonus discs aren't in any kind of foil packaging, so they can just be put into your computer and the audio ripped from them.

I think that the download was only for the 12 tracks that are foil sealed, so that people don't have to break the packaging.

Can anyone confirm this?
Salmo
New user

Post by Salmo »

Thanks for the reply - mbk.

Not actually got my hands on the disc - just been sent to log in details from someone at home - am travelling at the moment.

But got the impression that the 2x bonus discs are inside the box with the 12x discs. Which, if correct, means that I will have to open the packaging to listen to the bonus tracks...

Why not offer a download for all tracks?
eelnekwah
Known user

Post by eelnekwah »

Postie called today when I was out.Typical - but I can pick it up tomorrow and open it Xmas day.
With you on this Keefy - be a shame to never open it and marvel at the contents.I'm planning to mount mine in a deep oak frame and put it on the wall.Can show it off then to friends and family who think I'm a bit mad to spend that sort of money on music.What do they know!!!!
Salmo
New user

Post by Salmo »

Called home and it has been confirmed that the 2x bonus discs are inside the shrink wrapped package - so the only way to listn/rip those discs will be to open the package... :shock:
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

I don't have an issue with opening the box or anything, I just don't want to burst the foil.

It seems a bit extreme to me to keep the shrinkwrap on the outer box - what's the point in having it then?
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

If you want to keep the shrink wrap sealed the only way to get the tracks on two extra discs is to buy them from Amazon or somewhere. (or copy them from a less fastidious friend).

You can still get them for £4.98

And if you've spent £130 on this anyway, what does another £5 matter? :)

Or spend five minutes with Google and find it for free. (Not that I approve or endorse this type of behavior :wink: ).
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
sm-iom
Known user

Post by sm-iom »

Did the download a few days ago, but have still broken the shrinkwrap anyway - had to explore inside!! :-)
radioshack
Known user

Post by radioshack »

Got mine today, too. Added a little ray of light to what otherwise has been a pretty shit day.

Haven't taken off the shrinkwrap. I'm gonna maybe get the 3 CD version for Christmas, so might just listen to all the 'extras' on there. A bit geeky to spend all that cash and not open it, but hey. Prescription is great. Even my family remarked on clever the pack is. Good stuff. I don't know listening to the album too much will be good for me at the moment though.

150/1000.

Merry Christmas everyone!
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

Anyone downloaded the tracks with the code? Is it the normal record or 12 separate songs?
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

I've just downloaded the tracks using the voucher code on the prescription and it sucks

It's the old version of the title track.

This is wrong!!!!!!
It's nice to be liked,
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Anyone in the US receive theirs yet?
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

still waiting
I think I feel it coming on
keefy
New user

Post by keefy »

Mine has arrived and I can confirm, it's a really nice looking set. Packaged very securely too so those who haven't reveived theirs yet need not worry about it getting dented. I opened up the cellophane to read the directions for use thing and rip the cds, it all seems very lovingly done. The prescription slip is particularly nice too, personalised and printed on a silver paper. I trust everyone's was signed 'J Spaceman'? One thing I would say though is, despite it's attractiveness and novelty value, no way in the world is it worth £130 and we are all a bit mad. I also ordered this http://whitestripes.com/ugwnl_boxset/ recently for £110 and the set looks far more extensive for the money.
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

Has anyone else tried the download from the Prescription yet?
It's nice to be liked,
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

So has anyone popped a disc out yet?

Reason I'm asking is I'm curious to know whether the 3" SP70 CDs are black (on the playing side) like the bonus SP50 and SP60 discs.
Location: Only across the ocean but it may as well be a star system

Post by Dougthemoog »

Its the 30th of Dec and I still havent received anything yet.

Should I be worried? I only live in Belfast.

Please arrive tomorrow!
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

still waiting in Denmark.
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

I think (because ATP sent me an internal email by mistake) the overseas customers copies were posted 23rd December
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Mine arrived in Ireland today. Minus the personalised prescription. Can nothing ever be done right and straightforward with this fucking band?!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

HAPPY NEW YEAR, :D Mine has arrived here in Michigan. # 22/1000 YOWZA :D
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

sunray wrote:Mine arrived in Ireland today. Minus the personalised prescription. Can nothing ever be done right and straightforward with this fucking band?!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll:
Mine arrived in Vancouver today...with the exact same problem. I don't have a personalized prescription, a download code, or an autograph. Are they all on the same slip of paper?

Fucking hell...paid a lot for this...I want this fixed.

Also, my two bonus discs were scattered about and have scratches on the bottom. About to find out if they work...
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Here's a not so good thought: When my package arrived today, the sticky seal on the front of the shipping package was no longer fastened, though the side tabs were still tucked in. When I repressed the front box edge to the glue, the glue was really sticky, but the box still would not re-seal. It is plausible that, because the prescription envelope is sent loose inside the shipping box, that they may have fallen out in transit. And yes, the prescription, download code, and autograph are all on the same slip of paper inside a small black envelope.

I hope this is not the case for you, but a possibility? :oops:
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

I think it would be pretty unlikely that the sheet could first slip out of the SPZ package and THEN the box the thing was delivered in...in transit.

I think it's far more likely a few were never properly placed in the first place.

I've sent an email to ATP. Hopefully this can be rectified quickly.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

My prescription, (and I assume all others) was never inside the sealed box set packaging. The prescription envelope was laid on top of the plastic sealed cd box set (out in the open between the sealed box set and the shipping packaging). But still, it's possible that it was never included in the first place :oops:
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

ah i see. but my shipping box was sealed pretty damn tight...i don't think it could have slipped out.
marcvolta
Known user

Post by marcvolta »

has anyone gotten one in America, if so, did customs open it or anything? my t-shirt came and the foil had been removed from the package, but it was still inside the box all crumpled up. i want one of these deluxe editions, but i dont want one that will be opened by some turd at customs... any word????
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

marcvolta wrote:has anyone gotten one in America, if so, did customs open it or anything? my t-shirt came and the foil had been removed from the package, but it was still inside the box all crumpled up. i want one of these deluxe editions, but i dont want one that will be opened by some turd at customs... any word????
relax. truth is that the foil is already opened. yes it is. maybe something to do that you can have the foil still intact, but it's already opened. every t-shirt package is like that. don't worry. nothing wrong with yours. shame about the wrinkled box, but it had too much free space inside of it and thats perhaps why it got busted.

but once again - new t-shirts with the new artwork of LAGWAFIS are coming with opened foil and are just slightly intact to the cover. don't forget to iron the shirt, because after opening you will have something that you call indeed "crumpled".
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

and no, still waiting in Estonia.

i don't want to jump on conclusion, but Royal Mail has lost 3 packages during 2009. am i pissed? better not to ask about it....
thesevensteves
Known user

Post by thesevensteves »

received mine today in kentucky. foil was intact but the SP50 and SP60 had managed to wiggle free and received significant scratches. no worries though as they successfully were ripped into the computer and will now reside back in the box never to be yanked again. prescription piece was personalized and signed.

i'm very impressed with the packaging as i had never had the chance to see/hold the original pill pack. this was obviously a bit pricey to manufacture, but honestly i am slightly underwhelmed considering the $225 price tag. certainly no regrets though as our madness to spend will hopefully fund the bands future in some way.

Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

Someone at ATP has been very helpful and apparently they will be sending out another certificate/prescription thingy for me next week. *fingers crossed*
Sim
Known user

Post by Sim »

Vancouver wrote:Also, my two bonus discs were scattered about and have scratches on the bottom. About to find out if they work...
That's one for those who are contemplating whether or not to remove the cellophane. The gatefold sleeve holding the two bonus CDs is placed unfolded into the box, meaning that the CDs can easily come out of the sleeves, move around and get scratched. Found both of mine in the same side of the gatefold sleeve, a little scratched. Now safely back in the folded gatefold sleeve and back in the box.

Post by toomilk »

My copy was at my door when I left the house today. Everything intact, luckily. I can't believe they didn't tape down that cardboard flap. The packaging was basically open and sticking out of my mailbox.

purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

toomilk wrote:My copy was at my door when I left the house today. Everything intact, luckily. I can't believe they didn't tape down that cardboard flap. The packaging was basically open and sticking out of my mailbox.

That's how my copy arrived as well, but thankfully still in mint condition.

As I sit here gazing at #22, I can't bring myself to open the shrink wrap and may never will. How sad is that? :lol: I mulling over either the 3 cd set or the Amazon mp3 downloads. Anyone know the bitrate of the mp3s ? I've resisted listening to online versions of the outtakes until I can hear them properly through my stereo. Anyone?
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

The bit rate on Amazon UK is around 250 kbps.
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

Sim wrote:
Vancouver wrote:Also, my two bonus discs were scattered about and have scratches on the bottom. About to find out if they work...
That's one for those who are contemplating whether or not to remove the cellophane. The gatefold sleeve holding the two bonus CDs is placed unfolded into the box, meaning that the CDs can easily come out of the sleeves, move around and get scratched. Found both of mine in the same side of the gatefold sleeve, a little scratched. Now safely back in the folded gatefold sleeve and back in the box.
Yep, exactly. Why they weren't folded I'll never know.
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

I received my copy on Christmas Eve and like others got home from work to discover that the cardboard box was already open and the glue had lost its stick. My envelope and prescription were both in there though. I've not broken the cellophane and am now more concerned to do so following comments about the scratched bonus CDs that people are talking about. Then there's the comments that the download code on the prescription only gives the original version of the album. I bought the promo when it came out so have the 'Elvis' version of the title track, but was looking forward to the remastered edition. Don't really know what the next move is - how are people findong the standard of the MP3s (at least that way the whole box is kept in good nick and I'm none the wiser about the bonus CDs!) As I mentioned earlier I chose not to have any name on my prescription (I never bought it with the sole intention of selling it, but figured IF and I do mean IF that was the case, it wouldn't be any use to anyone else with my name on it). I also posted a question a few weeks ago re the chart position on the this version - did a few google searches but without any joy)

Last edited by Dreamweapon on Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

It will be the same as your promo copy. There has been no remastering.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

purespace wrote: As I sit here gazing at #22, I can't bring myself to open the shrink wrap and may never will. How sad is that? :lol: I mulling over either the 3 cd set or the Amazon mp3 downloads. Anyone know the bitrate of the mp3s ? I've resisted listening to online versions of the outtakes until I can hear them properly through my stereo. Anyone?
I would recommend getting the set. Well worth the money from Action Records (don't forget the coupon code "fallnet"). And if you're like me and won't open the 3-disc pill box, then wait a few months and get a cheap used single disc online. haha.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Vancouver wrote:Someone at ATP has been very helpful and apparently they will be sending out another certificate/prescription thingy for me next week. *fingers crossed*
I've been told that too. I have a slight worry that it wont be signed. Maybe they have some prescriptions lying around pre-signed? Anyways i made it clear that i expected it signed and numbered.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

ATP went out on a limb for this release and I just have a feeling that everyone will be sorted properly, including the signed prescriptions you've paid for :D

I'm off to Las Vegas in an hour for a work conference, check ya'll in a week.
laid back in the sun
Known user

a bit of a bargain if anyones still after this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

sunray wrote:
Vancouver wrote:Someone at ATP has been very helpful and apparently they will be sending out another certificate/prescription thingy for me next week. *fingers crossed*
I've been told that too. I have a slight worry that it wont be signed. Maybe they have some prescriptions lying around pre-signed? Anyways i made it clear that i expected it signed and numbered.
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming it will be numbered and signed. They gave me my download code so now I'm going to see what version of the album this is....
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

Oh man. The download code IS for the old version of the record. :roll:
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

laid back in the sun wrote:a bit of a bargain if anyones still after this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT
WOW.
laid back in the sun
Known user

toomilk wrote:
laid back in the sun wrote:a bit of a bargain if anyones still after this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT
WOW.
thats what i thought! must have been an unwanted xmas present, notice it had sold within a few mins of me posting that, hope it was someone off the boards that got it!
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

Since I've now ascertained from replies to my last post that the download code in the box set is NOT going to give me the updated remastered version of the album and I'm continuing to wrestle with nmy conscience opening the cellophane particularly with the stories of scratched CDs, guess I'm going to have shell out again for the 3 CD set AND open the pill box! If you buy the MP3s on Amazon, presumably you get the remastered version and decent quality MP3s too? Any news yet from anyone on what chart position it reached this time round?
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

I think ATP should sort out the downloadable version and enable us to obtain what was advertised. Perhaps they're not aware it's the old version, as I can't believe it would have been intentionally set up that way.

I'm going to email them tomorrow unless someone does it sooner. (I've had too much beer to do it coherently now).
It's nice to be liked,
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

There is no remastered version. All the tracks are the same as the '97 release - except track 1 which is the original 'Elvis' version. But this is still the same version as the rare promo from '97.

The only difference from your '97 version is the reinstatement of the Elvis version of track 1.

The fun and games commence with the new 'making of' extra's that have been mixed together really well to give an aural 'making of' the entire record . And that's worth the admission price - trust me.

Jason has said that he spent ages getting it right the first time - there's no need for a remaster.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

rameses wrote:I think ATP should sort out the downloadable version and enable us to obtain what was advertised. Perhaps they're not aware it's the old version, as I can't believe it would have been intentionally set up that way.

I'm going to email them tomorrow unless someone does it sooner. (I've had too much beer to do it coherently now).
The blurb on the ATP site says that a code would be given for a downloadable copy of the ORIGINAL album. https://www.atpfestival.com/spiritualized.php So do we take the 1997 release or the unreleased "Elvis" version to be the "ORIGINAL" version? :?

I got an email from ATP though saying that my prescription would be re-printed and signed and sent out as soon as possible. :D
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

rameses wrote:I think ATP should sort out the downloadable version and enable us to obtain what was advertised. Perhaps they're not aware it's the old version, as I can't believe it would have been intentionally set up that way.

I emailed ATP about this earlier today. No response yet.

And since the purpose of the download is to allow us to not have to pop the CDs out of the packaging it seems ridiculous to give us a download of the "original" album that, surely, everyone who forked out for this thing would already have.

How something relatively simple gets fucked up like this, I have no idea.
Vancouver
Known user

Post by Vancouver »

sunray wrote:

The blurb on the ATP site says that a code would be given for a downloadable copy of the ORIGINAL album. https://www.atpfestival.com/spiritualized.php So do we take the 1997 release or the unreleased "Elvis" version to be the "ORIGINAL" version? :?
I took the "original" to imply we would only get to download the first disc of the package, not all three.