Jason interview in The Sun !!!

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

BVCP206
Known user

Jason interview in The Sun !!!

Post by BVCP206 »

Yes you read that right :!: 2 page spread in The Sun last Friday to promote the re-issue, quite interesting although not a lot we didn't know already. Classic quote 'I don't do break up albums I'm not fucking Phil Collins' :lol:
'Remember, change is not good'
bunnyben
Known user

Re: Jason interview in The Sun !!!

Post by bunnyben »

Spiritualized's Jason Pierce 'not interested' in reforming Spacemen 3 Spiritualized Tickets

Spiritualized's Jason Pierce has quashed rumours that his former band Spacemen 3 are set to reunite.

Pierce explained that relations between him and Peter Kember, who he co-founded the band with in 1982, are still hostile following their 1991 split. Pierce also told The Sun that he'd recently been asked to reform the band to play an ATP festival, an offer which he said he "wasn't interested" in pursuing.

"The split was so acrimonious and my view of him hasn't changed," Pierce explained, adding: "No, I've not mellowed about him."

He went on to reveal more details of the new Spiritualized album, which could be released in 2010, saying: "We're recording at the moment. I want to say it will be out next year but I don't know yet. But it sounds great, really great."

The group's last album was 2008's 'Songs In A&E'.

Spiritualized's reissued box set version of 1997 album 'Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space' was released on Monday (November 30).
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

BVCP206 wrote:Yes you read that right :!: 2 page spread in The Sun last Friday to promote the re-issue, quite interesting although not a lot we didn't know already. Classic quote 'I don't do break up albums I'm not fucking Phil Collins' :lol:

Ha, I can almost see a youtube photo-slideshow of Peter & Jason done to the sounds of "against all odds".

Best,

Stuart
Shoulders back, smash it
nickh
Known user

Post by nickh »

Today in your super soar-away Sun an interview with notorious heroin rocker Jason “Spacecraft” Pierce. Pierce (47) is the leader of heavy drug using drugs band Spiritualism, we meet in a seedy east end pub where Jason sips a pint of water, probably laced with heroin, and tells us about his re-released 1993 album Ladies and Gentleman lets all float in Space, the title a thinly veiled reference to the heroin that all the band members take all the time.

DRUGS

Pearce (29) uses the moniker (nickname) Spacecraft to hide from the police when buying heroin. Jason’s first band, The Alabama 3 were also heavy heroin users along with his former best pal Sonic Youth (48) and split after a row over heroin and drugs. Jason has been offered over 20 million pounds for the Alabama 3 to reform but doesn’t really need the money because of royalties (money) from The Soprano’s opening theme Woke up this morning, a song about waking up and buying heroin, in the morning.

BACON

Pearce (52) has always maintained that the album was not about his split from the model Kate Hudson (currently married to Richard Bacon) but with song titles like Think I’m in love (with heroin), Break my heart and a cover of Michael Jackson’s Come Together we can exclusively bring you the truth that this is a break up album heavily influenced by Pierce’s idol Phil Collins (90)

RUGBY

Tomorrow, in the second part of this exclusive interview we ask Jason about all the bands amps being stolen and having to rename themselves acoustic train lines, the influence of TV programme Casualty on the title of his last album and how a rugby injury causes him to sit down on stage sometimes.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Top Marks! Really made me laugh.

nickh wrote:Today in your super soar-away Sun an interview with notorious heroin rocker Jason “Spacecraft” Pierce. Pierce (47) is the leader of heavy drug using drugs band Spiritualism, we meet in a seedy east end pub where Jason sips a pint of water, probably laced with heroin, and tells us about his re-released 1993 album Ladies and Gentleman lets all float in Space, the title a thinly veiled reference to the heroin that all the band members take all the time.

DRUGS

Pearce (29) uses the moniker (nickname) Spacecraft to hide from the police when buying heroin. Jason’s first band, The Alabama 3 were also heavy heroin users along with his former best pal Sonic Youth (48) and split after a row over heroin and drugs. Jason has been offered over 20 million pounds for the Alabama 3 to reform but doesn’t really need the money because of royalties (money) from The Soprano’s opening theme Woke up this morning, a song about waking up and buying heroin, in the morning.

BACON

Pearce (52) has always maintained that the album was not about his split from the model Kate Hudson (currently married to Richard Bacon) but with song titles like Think I’m in love (with heroin), Break my heart and a cover of Michael Jackson’s Come Together we can exclusively bring you the truth that this is a break up album heavily influenced by Pierce’s idol Phil Collins (90)

RUGBY

Tomorrow, in the second part of this exclusive interview we ask Jason about all the bands amps being stolen and having to rename themselves acoustic train lines, the influence of TV programme Casualty on the title of his last album and how a rugby injury causes him to sit down on stage sometimes.
radioshack
Known user

Post by radioshack »

Yeah, I really enjoyed that too. :lol:
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

so many golden moments in that post, but I think 'Accoustic Train Lines' is my favourate.

btw. Spiritualized in Manchester on Monday! - kind of snuck up on me - really looking forward to it.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

Blindin' stuff, nick...

any more? Have read this 3 times today and still finding new bits to chuckle at.

However there is a serious note to all this; It's appalling to think that what nick wrote is not too far off tabloid journalism.

:mrgreen:
the super soar away [b]SUN[/b] wrote: Pearce (29) uses the moniker (nickname) Spacecraft to hide from the police when buying heroin
:mrgreen:

Best,

Stuart
Shoulders back, smash it
nickh
Known user

Post by nickh »

Aw thanks everyone, glad it made you all smile. :)
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

nick
thank you.

:D
Already There
Known user

Post by Already There »

is wrote:Not that I didn't believe you...!

I went to the super soar-away Sun's website and searched for this article... I couldn't find it, but was surprised to find two other articles - one from when A&E came out ("I was technically dead for a week!" joked rocker Jason (42) as he lay back in the sun"), and an interview with Kevin Bales about cancer.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... plant.html

I used to see the Sun fairly regularly, and was always tickled by the way they would slip little facts into the prose - musicians were always 'rockers' (age in brackets). Did you know that British tabloid newspapers are written to be understood by people with a Primary School reading age?
Oh, there are TWO in the Sun? I only read one... over a year ago... I was surprised. ^^ I love the internet.
W: What are we supposed to do with that?
M: Eat it.
W: Eat it? Fucker’s alive.
M: Yeah, you’ve got to kill it.
W: Me? I’m the firelighter and fuel collector.

Gigs 2010: http://www.last.fm/user/Colin_in_Mexico/events/2010
Peter
New user

Post by Peter »

Fuck buying that fucking rag.