Leftfield Are Back

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, spzretent, BzaInSpace, runcible

sunray
Known user

Leftfield Are Back

Post by sunray » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:08 pm

Leftfield playing Rockness Festival in June: http://www.rockness.co.uk/

Saw them in Dublin in 1996 with The Chemical Brothers and Fluke as support :D 8) Still one of the greatest gigs i was ever at.

Saw them a further 3 times in the summer of 2000, not as good. All festival appearances though so volume was an issue, plus they played the exact same set on all three occasions.

Would love to think they've been secretly working on a new album the past few years.
Astronauts report it feels good.

ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Re: Leftfield Are Back

Post by ORBITAL » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:31 pm

I will probably go for this.

Leftism in my top 5 of all time
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes

niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:49 pm

sunray wrote:Leftfield playing Rockness Festival in June: http://www.rockness.co.uk/

Saw them in Dublin in 1996 with The Chemical Brothers and Fluke as support :D 8) Still one of the greatest gigs i was ever at.

Saw them a further 3 times in the summer of 2000, not as good. All festival appearances though so volume was an issue, plus they played the exact same set on all three occasions.

Would love to think they've been secretly working on a new album the past few years.
The thought of a new album... now thats interesting!

saw Leftfield at the Glasgow Barrowland back in 96 I think? ,f8ckin` storming one of the loudest shows I ever witnessed ,never heard a bass sound like it, floor vibrating and everything ,probably put it in my top 10 gigs ,don`t know about seeing them in a festival setting though .

sunray
Known user

Post by sunray » Fri May 14, 2010 5:16 pm

They're playing indoor shows in Belfast, Dublin, Manchester and Sheffield from June 2nd - 6th. Got my ticket today :D

Was expecting indoor gigs to be announced in the autumn, certainly didn't think there'd be any before any of their festival appearances.
Astronauts report it feels good.

niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm » Fri May 14, 2010 10:16 pm

No Scottish date (except Rock Ness ,my sister in-law lives on the banks off Loch Ness ,but by the time I took the family up their for a couple of days it would probably cost me £200 quid to go forr the day ,nieces and nephews working their could probably swing a one day freebie but still a festival ), I want to see them in a concert hall!!! ,this piss`s me off ,big fan off The Black Keys ,they have a new album out and the UK tour consists off about 4 English dates and an appearance at T-In The Park,i would rather have my left bollock chopped of than suffer the hordes at that shit hole,T-In The Park can`t be the Scottish leg of a European tour its just crappy treatment off your fans ,while I`m on this theme ,Spiritualized never brought LAGWAFIS to Scotland either ,ever get the feeling your being treated like a second class citizen!!