Soundtrack Of Our Lives (the band, not the thread)

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Chris Barrus
Known user

Soundtrack Of Our Lives (the band, not the thread)

Post by Chris Barrus »

Pretty sure there are a couple fans of theirs around here. Anyway...

I finally got to see SOOL last night at what could have been an otherwise dismal gig out in the wastelands of Pomona. Most of the audience was there to see opening hipster locals Nico Vega and by the time SOOL went on there were maybe 20-25 people left in the audience. Not very encouraging...

...only SOOL revved it up like they were the MC5 headlining Glastonbury. Tiny crowd goes wild! One of the best fuck-it-all-go-full-on shows I've seen in forever. Band keeps going until club shuts it down and even then there's time to dig up an old Union Carbide song.

Current tour is pretty short, but please go see them if you get a chance.
scratch
Known user

Re: Soundtrack Of Our Lives (the band, not the thread)

Post by scratch »

I did go see them last summer with my son (2 years old -his first rock concert).
..but I have seen them a hell of a lot of times (even ucp when i was a kid) since they´re from my city.
What ucp song did they play?

I like the first SOOL album when björn olsson was in the band the most..
used to have the extended revelation for the psychic weaklings of western society but lost it.
"the greatest example of self-violation in the history of art"
spzretent
Site Admin

Re: Soundtrack Of Our Lives (the band, not the thread)

Post by spzretent »

Great band. Bummed the bypassed Detroit. I know they like it here but they dont draw any fans.
I once saw them open for Oasis here and left after they played and walked across the street to see the rest of the Detroit Tigers game. We gave a couple of young girls our ticket stubs(we had 10th row) and they just freaked. It was pretty cool.

Saw the Aliens play a show like that here. probably 25 to 30 people. Best show I saw whatever year that was.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)