RIP Mark Linkous

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

RIP Mark Linkous

Post by ORBITAL »

What a shame.
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
purespace
Known user

Re: RIP Mark Linkous

Post by purespace »

this is devastating and unbelievable news, I cannot describe how sad this is making me :cry:

I have been listening to Dreamt for Light Years in the Belly of a Mountain for the past few weeks and anticipating the new album and possible tour. I was fortunate to see Sparklehorse on the Dreamt tour in Detroit. It was just so so beautiful

RIP my sad and beautiful Mark. Thank you for the gifts you shared with us.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I think I feel it coming on
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Couldn't agree more, a sad loss indeed. Good Morning Spider is one of my fave records.
'Remember, change is not good'
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

this was a huge bummer to come from work to see. 'it's a wonderful life' is one of my favorite records of the last 10 years- my favorite produced by fridmann. i also always thought that 'dreamt for light years...' was such a painfully underappreciated record. such a bummer... i always loved that linkous occupied a space that was pretty much solely his own.
Fede77
Known user

Post by Fede77 »

"It is with great sadness that we share the news that our dear friend and family member, Mark Linkous, took his own life today. We are thankful for his time with us and will hold him forever in our hearts. May his journey be peaceful, happy and free. There's a heaven and there's a star for you."

Sad and beutiful world...
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Another good man gone.

Can't claim to be a massive fan of Sparklehorse as I don't own any of their stuff, but they were great supporting Radiohead in a small club in Barcelona many years ago, despite Linkous being in a wheelchair after some sort of incident (falling off stage I seem to remember).

He was also very touching at that John Cale Nico tribute thing at the RFH last year - one of the better performers on the night.

My old friend Alex is going to be absolutely devastated - they were just about his favourite band full stop...
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

he was in a wheelchair for 6 months. He had taken a mixture Valium and anti-depressants and passed out in a hotel room with his legs folded under him. He was found 14 hours later and had extensive leg damage. When they tried to straighten his legs, he had a heart attack and "died" for 2 minutes before being brought back.
I think I feel it coming on
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

purespace wrote:he was in a wheelchair for 6 months. He had taken a mixture Valium and anti-depressants and passed out in a hotel room with his legs folded under him. He was found 14 hours later and had extensive leg damage. When they tried to straighten his legs, he had a heart attack and "died" for 2 minutes before being brought back.
Crikey.

Actually, now I think about it, t'was Ryan Adams who hurt hmself falling off stage, wasn't it?
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

very sad news indeed
mn_spi
Known user

Post by mn_spi »

i didn't know this news. i shocked. can't believe. so sad.