Record Store Day - April 17th

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

Shinesalight
Known user

Re: Record Store Day - April 17th

Post by Shinesalight »

My local record store here in Brighton just got voted the number one independent record store in a people's vote...am well pleased for them as they put in so much effort and their attention to detail is phenomonal. Anyway, there's a list of the UK's Record Store Day releases in this link:-

http://www.resident-music.com/
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
graceadelica
New user

Post by graceadelica »

Wonder what percentage of these released end up on eBay.......
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I'll actually be on an island off the coast of LA on record store day...far away from any shops.

I pleaded with the manager of the store next to my house to keep a couple things on hold for me. Doesn't look like it'll happen. Now I need to convince one of my roommates to pull through...
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

Ads wrote:My local record store here in Brighton just got voted the number one independent record store in a people's vote...am well pleased for them as they put in so much effort and their attention to detail is phenomonal. Anyway, there's a list of the UK's Record Store Day releases in this link:-

http://www.resident-music.com/
do you like resident? for selection rounders is better but neither are particularly special in my opinion. it seems amazon is the best 'obscure' record shop
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

graceadelica wrote:Wonder what percentage of these released end up on eBay.......
Loads of them! Last year found ebay awash with records pretty much straight away. Sickening really isn't it.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

bunnyben wrote:do you like resident? for selection rounders is better but neither are particularly special in my opinion. it seems amazon is the best 'obscure' record shop
Yeah, I love Resident...the staff, the offers, the tickets, the e-mails, the instore performances, everything. Its everything I've ever wanted as a music store and something that Brighton was severely lacking, especially after Fopp went tits-up. I think they've done a splendid job setting up that store and maintaing a loyal customer base. Their vinyl section is ever expanding and they usually can order anything in that isn't on display. Of course they're not going to compete with the likes of Amazon for choice of selection but then they are pretty restricted for space in there! I can't believe you don't like it Ben.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

I've just found out I've got to be in work on Record Store Day so can't get to the shop. Would any kind soul mind trying to get the Clash releases for me? Reimbursment and eternal gratitude in exchange.
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Complete fucking disaster. My local got 6 records! Yes you read that correctly, S-I-X. :evil: Not one that i was interested in either. At least last year they got a fairly decent amount and i picked up a couple of things i was interested in, but this year, nada. Support your local record store? How about supplying them with some fucking records so we can support them.

Looking for Clinic, Moon Duo and I'm So Convoluted 12". Oh yeah also Black Angels "Phosgene Dream" 10inch. Plus 13th Floor Elevators 7".

Major thanks to TheWarmth for picking up something for me. :D
Last edited by sunray on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Neil
Known user

Post by Neil »

I had exactly the same problem,my local had next to nothing and was just a complete waste of time going. It looks like every copy of the Radiohead release is already on e-bay.

Anyone has any spares of the Sonic Boom remix 7"'s then I would be very grateful
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Picked up a good few in my local Essex shop:

Moon Duo - Scars/Flowers 7"
Red Crayola - Hurrican Fighter Plane yellow vinyl (Sonic Boom remix)
13th Floor Elevators - Wait For My Love green vinyl (Sonic Boom remaster)
Black Angels - Phosgene white 10"
Seeds - Evil Hoodoo 10"
Deerhunter - Memory Boy white 7"
Arctic Monkeys - Don't Sit Down 7" ##
Michael Jackson - Behind the Mask 7" ##
Queen - Stormtroopers In Stilletos pink 7" ##

Those marked ## will be sold to fund the goodies I really wanted. Goes against everything I usually stand for but hey, I've got mouths to feed and bills are sky high and it's a tough shitty time right now.

Oh yeah.....and the Radiohead 12" too! They found one under the counter for me after thinking they'd sold them all. £££'s on ebay but I'll think long and hard about that one seeing as it's a desirable object!

Chuffed I got all those first 5 listed! :D
Last edited by johnnyboy on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I had pretty good luck. I went to a midnight sale and was 4th in line. I scored the following:

The White Stripes - Let's Shake Hands 7"
The White Stripes - Lafayette Blues
Television - Live at the Old Waldorf 2xLP ($35!)
Nirvana - Hormoaning 12"
The Black Angels - Another Nice Pair 12" (see my post in the cop section)
Red Krayola - Hurricane Fighter Plane (Sonic Boom remix) 7" ($12! ... WTF?)
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

johnnyboy wrote:
graceadelica wrote:Wonder what percentage of these released end up on eBay.......
Loads of them! Last year found ebay awash with records pretty much straight away. Sickening really isn't it.
johnnyboy wrote:Those marked ## will be sold to fund the goodies I really wanted. Goes against everything I usually stand for but hey, I've got mouths to feed and bills are sky high and it's a tough shitty time right now.
:?
PopeJez
Known user

Post by PopeJez »

Got a copy of the Screamadelica triple vinyl. My local shop had quite a selection of stuff seeing as I got there at 2pm.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

My local store opened from 8am this morning and apparently they were still serving the queue 5 1/2 hours later! I couldn't be arsed with all that waiting around so strolled down there about 4ish hoping that the stuff I wanted was still going. Managed to bag the Black Angels Phosgene Nightmare 10" which is a collection of the extra tracks to Phosphene Dream which I think someone kindly downloaded on here some time ago (apparently the other Black Angels Record Store Day release was cancelled over here) and the Moon Duo 7". The Sonic Boom remixes of Red Crayola and 13th Floor Elevators had both gone by then which was a bit of a bummer. Oh, and picked up the new Explosions in the Sky CD a week before the official release too.

Happy Record Store Day everyone.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
radioshack
Known user

Post by radioshack »

I know it's totally besides the point, but aren't the Radiohead songs pretty awful anyway?
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Broc wrote:
johnnyboy wrote:
johnnyboy wrote:Those marked ## will be sold to fund the goodies I really wanted. Goes against everything I usually stand for but hey, I've got mouths to feed and bills are sky high and it's a tough shitty time right now.
:?
:lol:

Yep, It is sickening. I make myself sick but honestly don't give a shit. Like I say, the past year has been shit on the job/money front so I'm joining the ebay crew to offload a few of the more mainstream 7"s. Goes against all I stand for but hey, when needs must. It's only Queen, Michael Jackson and Arctic Monkeys afterall.........not the decent stuff.

(now slay me with another smilie)
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

i can pick up Red Krayola 7'' w/Sonic Boom mix if it's still there when i get back to the shop. they had a few copies.
none of the 13th Floor Elevators, though.

i picked up a Phosgene Nightmare, i can try to pick one up for interested parties, it was $15.

Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

I picked up:
Deerhunter - Memory Boy White Vinyl 7"
The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar 7"
The Black Angels - Phosphene Nightmare White Vinyl 10"
The Black Angels - Another Nice Pair Red Vinyl 12"

spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I picked up a lot:
Black Angels- both 10" and 12"
Tom Petty- 1st & You're Gonna Get it(I do love those first two records)
Syd Barrett Comp
Television- Live 2x LP
Nirvana Hormaoning 12"
Big Star- Third LP
Flaming Lips box set

Then I came home and asked myself what the hell I just did.
So I have flogged Big Star because it was selling for shitloads and realized there were 2 lps in the Lips box set I would never play. Flogged that too. So in the end I got all the other stuff for about $30. Even though that is contrary to the spirit of RSD I just couldn't rationalize keep the expensive items.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Which Lips albums do you deem unplayable? Yoshimi and Soft Bulletin?

I wanted the Big Star, but the shop I went to didn't get any ... plus, $35 is a little insane to pay for an album that I already have on vinyl.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

TheWarmth wrote:Which Lips albums do you deem unplayable? Yoshimi and Soft Bulletin?

I wanted the Big Star, but the shop I went to didn't get any ... plus, $35 is a little insane to pay for an album that I already have on vinyl.
Yes. Those two would have never been removed from the box. Truth be told neither would Clouds. And I didn't want to break up the box. It was pretty nice and numbered.
I paid $44 for the Big Star.
The first shop I went to everything was 20% off. That is why I bought so much.
Hormoaning I bought for a friend. Who now doesn't want it so thats up for sale too.
The other stuff I am thrilled to own. I've had the Television on CD since its release.
Another shop I went to had two huge boxes of RSD 7"s. No 13th Floor Elevators or Red Krayola so I passed. Even on the Stones. I really dont need yet another 7" of Brown Sugar.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Personally, I think some of these 7" reissues are just bullshit cash grabs. As you said, who the fuck needs a brand new reissue of the Brown Sugar 7"? Just get a nice original copy off of Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROLLING-STONES-45-B ... 1bf0bf0c64
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

You have no idea. I probably have 12 different copies of that 7". I must have at least 250 Stones 7"s. Kinda ridiculous.
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

Yeah, it is sort of bullshit but I love Let It Rock...so I grabbed one just for the hell of it. Never had an original nor did I ever have the energy to track one down. It's here now...so I bought it.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Ach - I working all day and just got in the door. My eyes are immediately drawn to Nirvana's Hormoaning EP - WTF? I used to own the CD a long time ago. Is it a vinyl reissue?

As it is I'll never get this now, so Spz...drop me a PM. Let's work something out.
O P 8
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

You are 30 min too late.

Let me see if I can come up with another next week.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

The 7"s are bullshit I have realized. You are right. Glad I stopped before i completely lost my mind and bought a few of those too.
Let me clarify. Not the 13th Floor Elevators and Red Krayola one. The Stones, Velvets, Doors etc.
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

TheWarmth wrote:Personally, I think some of these 7" reissues are just bullshit cash grabs. As you said, who the fuck needs a brand new reissue of the Brown Sugar 7"? Just get a nice original copy off of Ebay:

RSD is all about supporting your local record stores. Which are definitely hurting from this economy & the whole itunes / amazon market.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

I spent $27 today on two original issue, mint condition LP's.

1. Bob Seger System-Ramblin' Gamblin' Man (I love this album but have it on a crappy cd reissue. Looking forward to putting the vinyl on) $20

2. Malo-s/t (Jorge Santana's band....Carlos' brother. More Latin sounding than early Santana but equally as blistering as the first three Santana LP's) $7.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Minky wrote:
TheWarmth wrote: RSD is all about supporting your local record stores. Which are definitely hurting from this economy & the whole itunes / amazon market.
You are correct. I contributed $310 today. Then had a bit of buyers remorse.
There is a customer who started coming in here recently and added us as Facebook friends. So we get his updates.
But he comes in and asks what is new, what we like, picks our brains if you will.
The next visit he came telling us how much he loves Asteroid #4. I asked where he bought the records. He said I didn't, I downloaded them for free.
He then posted a link that is over 1 year old about a documentary on the closing of record stores. Shouting to the rooftops about how important it is to support your local record shop. His major issue was w/Walmart and what % of all music sold was sold there.
So I posted downloading has a lot more to do w/killing record shops than Walmart.
Douchebag.
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

i had to work today, so i didn't get to a record store until about 4pm, but they still had both black angels lps which were really the only things i wanted (or could afford). they were way cheaper than i expected. that flaming lips box would've been nice to have as i love all of the albums in it, but my cashflow right now is terrible. i went by the numero store (that's only open today) and that was pretty cool- my friend bought the syl johnson 6 lp boxset for only $60 there.
the moon duo 7" is a uk only thing, right?
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote:[
So I posted downloading has a lot more to do w/killing record shops than Walmart.
Agreed! Wal-Mart has become part of the corporate greed of shitty, mass-marketing, souless music. Downloading though has destroyed the art of the album as well as cover art and pure three-dimensional, warm stereophonic or mono sound. Sadly there is a generation growing up only knowing the sound of music compressed as mp3's.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Minky wrote:
TheWarmth wrote:Personally, I think some of these 7" reissues are just bullshit cash grabs. As you said, who the fuck needs a brand new reissue of the Brown Sugar 7"? Just get a nice original copy off of Ebay:

RSD is all about supporting your local record stores. Which are definitely hurting from this economy & the whole itunes / amazon market.
I spent over $100 today. I wasn't criticizing the record stores, I was criticizing the labels that pump out these dumb reissues (like Alan said, the Stones/VU/Doors 7-inches that just don't make any sense to me at all). Just my opinion. Of course, I'm all about supporting the record stores. If it were up to me, there would have been 100 copies of the new Radiohead 12" in every store throughout the planet ... they would have all sold out and it would have been a win-win-win-win (record stores/customers/labels/band). Instead, I had to ask my friend in Japan to score a copy for me and absolutely no one in the US got a copy. The Big Star album is a similar deal. The store I went to didn't get any. 1,000 copies???? Give me a break. They could have sold 5,000 easily, but someone thought it would be a good idea to make it mega limited, which means the real winners are those who sell them on ebay.
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

TheWarmth wrote:
Minky wrote:

I spent over $100 today. I wasn't criticizing the record stores, I was criticizing the labels that pump out these dumb reissues (like Alan said, the Stones/VU/Doors 7-inches that just don't make any sense to me at all). Just my opinion. Of course, I'm all about supporting the record stores. If it were up to me, there would have been 100 copies of the new Radiohead 12" in every store throughout the planet ... they would have all sold out and it would have been a win-win-win-win (record stores/customers/labels/band). Instead, I had to ask my friend in Japan to score a copy for me and absolutely no one in the US got a copy. The Big Star album is a similar deal. The store I went to didn't get any. 1,000 copies???? Give me a break. They could have sold 5,000 easily, but someone thought it would be a good idea to make it mega limited, which means the real winners are those who sell them on ebay.
I used to work at a store and I am still on close terms with the owner. I see how crazy it is with this whole RSD thing, thank god it's good for business. I definitely see how stressful though it can be on an owner with how much to order (hoping not to get stuck with) and what was ordered that didn't come in...which seems more all the common i.e. the Radiohead or Nirvana. All and all said...thank god for local indie record shops.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Big Star was $35 list.

some shops marked stuff up - bogus.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

:evil: :evil:

See this?

http://music.shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40 ... acat=11233

Can't fucking stand these mercenary bastards.

I know, I know, it's a free country right? But still. :(
O P 8
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

People came in here asking why we weren't participating in RSD. Our response is that we are a t shirt shop that sells records. We do not order from the distributors who offer the prime records anyway.
If I did own a struggling shop I would find it very hard not to take advantage of the secondary market to some extent. An owner would have to have the highest of morals not too. And most store owners around here are really good about that(I think).
Then there are the customers looking to cash in. Most shops here limit you to one item per title. Which is good.
The problem I have is self control. I was in no position what so ever to be spending over $300 yesterday. But you get caught up in this RSD euphoria. That is why I offed a few things I really didn't "need". Luckily, I made some cash and got some good records.
That Syd Barrett LP is excellent. So are the Tom Petty remasters.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote: The problem I have is self control. I was in no position what so ever to be spending over $300 yesterday. But you get caught up in this RSD euphoria.
This is why when I was holding two albums that totaled $27 I said to myself "I have to get out of here before I spend too much".

But then again, RSD comes more than once a year for me and I feel I do my part to support my independent stores.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I got lucky i guess. Seem I sold the Big Star for less than the market price. $200? WTF?
A week from now i'm sure I will walk into a shop and see a few RSD releases that were restocked. I remember last year one of the hot records was The Flaming Lips- Dark Side Of The Moon on sea foam green vinyl. A year later they are still in stock. Yet on RSD 2010 it sold out everywhere immediately.
Lets see what happens.
PopeJez
Known user

Post by PopeJez »

I got chatting to the owner of my record shop and she said that whilst it was great and brought in lots of busines it was quite a lot of work. They normally don't stock huge amounts of vinyl so had to reorganize the shop. She seemed shocked that stuff was already on ebay and quite rightly said that was not in the spirit of RSD. Apparently even the owners can't buy stuff or put stuff aside for themselves until they day itself. Also not allowed to increase the price above a certain %. If they break the rules they get excluded next year.

Apart from the touts buying stuff purely to sell I think the idea is pretty good. It generates business for the indie shops. And anything that celebrates vinyl has to be a good thing. I agree with the comment that a whole generation has only heard mp3 - and this sort of event might even convert a few people.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

This is the first year I have been interested in RSD and have to say really enjoyed the day. Met up with another board member on here and queued up @ Crash for 2 1/2 hours but due to the fact it was nice weather and we hadn't seen each other for a while so we were able to put the worlds to right the time flew by :D

For the record my purchases were as follows

Panda Bear - Lp + t-shirt
13th Floor Elevators 7"
Red Krayola - 7"
Moon Duo 7"
Black Mountain 7"

Very pleased with all of them :D
'Remember, change is not good'
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I could only get to the shops today - and not a sausage left... :(
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Did anyone get the Clinic - Ladies Night 10"? There isn't one copy on Ebay.
jesus son
Known user

Post by jesus son »

I picked up the Red Crayola and 13th Floor Elevator 7"s today, if anyone still needs one there were still about 4/5 of each of these left at http://www.rapture-online.co.uk/

They had a fair bit of RSD stuff left, apart from the big hitters, and the Black Angels had sold out :cry:
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

jesus son wrote:I picked up the Red Crayola and 13th Floor Elevator 7"s today, if anyone still needs one there were still about 4/5 of each of these left at http://www.rapture-online.co.uk/
That web site is weird - I couldn't find any actual things for sale, just a load of blogs and the like. Or am I missing something hidden on the page...?
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

probably have to email them
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

haven't been really paying attention to this rRSD stuff

why would i need these? not taking a piss, just wondering why

13th Floor Elevators 7"
Red Krayola - 7"
Moon Duo 7"
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I dunno, maybe 'cuz people collect records?
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

Some crazy prices on ebay!
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

BVCP206 wrote:This is the first year I have been interested in RSD and have to say really enjoyed the day. Met up with another board member on here and queued up @ Crash for 2 1/2 hours but due to the fact it was nice weather and we hadn't seen each other for a while so we were able to put the worlds to right the time flew by :D

For the record my purchases were as follows

Panda Bear - Lp + t-shirt
13th Floor Elevators 7"
Red Krayola - 7"
Moon Duo 7"
Black Mountain 7"

Very pleased with all of them :D
Add to that:
Damien Jurado- Live at Landlocked LP
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

We had arranged to take the kids away for the weekend so I was resigned to getting nothing from the RSD goodie-bag. Walked into my local shop Monday evening after work and managed to pick up the Big Star LP (which was what I was after out of the limited selection of releases in Oz anyway). Would really like The Wake 7" Box Set but it didn't get a release down here and hasn't hit eBay AFAIK.
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

spzretent wrote:I dunno, maybe 'cuz people collect records?
ha ha funny. really. stuff not available elsewhere? something about sonic ?
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

sonic remixed both those records.
not sure about Moon Duo.
jesus son
Known user

Post by jesus son »

runcible wrote:
jesus son wrote:I picked up the Red Crayola and 13th Floor Elevator 7"s today, if anyone still needs one there were still about 4/5 of each of these left at http://www.rapture-online.co.uk/
That web site is weird - I couldn't find any actual things for sale, just a load of blogs and the like. Or am I missing something hidden on the page...?
Sorry, I should have added that you'd probably need to give them a visit, phone call or email, as you say they're not really an online shop
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

I saw a vid of the queue outside Mono in Glasgow at 9am - impressive. But indeed a lot of the guys queuing were just in there for a profit on ebay :/

Only got there just before 6pm and Frightened Rabbit were playing so it was way too busy to even get in then.
I ended up not buying anything - there were a couple of Black Angels 10" left for £12, but nothing else I was interested in.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Add to that:
Damien Jurado- Live at Landlocked LP[/quote]

You are a legend Spzretent :D
'Remember, change is not good'
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

davedecay wrote:i can pick up Red Krayola 7'' w/Sonic Boom mix if it's still there when i get back to the shop. they had a few copies.
none of the 13th Floor Elevators, though.

i picked up a Phosgene Nightmare, i can try to pick one up for interested parties, it was $15.

Played the Black Angels 10" a few times now and really loving it. Seems to have been cut really quiet though as I have to whack my stereo way up higher than normal to apreciate it. I didn't pick up their last album so the question is "is this 10" similar sounding?" I know it's a B Sides collection but I love the vibe and songs.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

flokie wrote:Only got there just before 6pm and Frightened Rabbit were playing so it was way too busy to even get in then.
Christ - you'd think they actually wanted to deter the punters from going indoors, etc. :roll:
O P 8
shalloboi
Known user

Post by shalloboi »

johnnyboy wrote: Played the Black Angels 10" a few times now and really loving it. Seems to have been cut really quiet though as I have to whack my stereo way up higher than normal to apreciate it. I didn't pick up their last album so the question is "is this 10" similar sounding?" I know it's a B Sides collection but I love the vibe and songs.
it is similar sounding to the album. their record company staggered those six songs across six different digital versions of the album (at least half of which didn't offer the option of buying just one track) and people got pissed. the band offered to release them in one package and i think it's pretty cool that they delivered on it. in some ways i prefer the 10" over the album- mainly i just hate 'telephone' and wish they had put one of these songs on it instead- 'the boat song' in particular is better than pretty much anything else on the album.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

I've been down to Piccadily records today and they've still got pretty much all of what I was hunting for. No Red Krayola, but got the 7s for Sonic / Moon Duo and Sonic / 13thFE. Also had good few copies of Black Angels 10', no 12' Black Angels, US only apparantly.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Anyone after the Black Angels 12" can have mine for $15(cost) + s&h. Played once.
Just pm me.
I played the Television Live At The Old Waldorf Lp monday and realized I freakin' hated it. I dont know why. I've had the CD for years. Some lucky fan in Sweden got it for cost.
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

shalloboi wrote:
johnnyboy wrote: Played the Black Angels 10" a few times now and really loving it. Seems to have been cut really quiet though as I have to whack my stereo way up higher than normal to apreciate it. I didn't pick up their last album so the question is "is this 10" similar sounding?" I know it's a B Sides collection but I love the vibe and songs.
it is similar sounding to the album. their record company staggered those six songs across six different digital versions of the album (at least half of which didn't offer the option of buying just one track) and people got pissed. the band offered to release them in one package and i think it's pretty cool that they delivered on it. in some ways i prefer the 10" over the album- mainly i just hate 'telephone' and wish they had put one of these songs on it instead- 'the boat song' in particular is better than pretty much anything else on the album.
Cool, cheers for your views and info. I might just stick with the 10" for now then. Yeah, the Boat Song is a beauty, stood out for me straight away. Really chuffed I picked it up on the day now as it wasn't on my original wish list.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Piccadilly is selling it's RSD leftovers online now. Just picked up Moon Duo 7", Black Angels 10" and I'm So Convoluted 12".
Sadly no Elevators 7" or Clinic 10".

http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/shop/index.php
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
rameses
Known user

Post by rameses »

Head on over to http://www.normanrecords.com

They appear to have the Elevators single in stock.
It's nice to be liked,
But it's better by far to get paid.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

My local store is slowly been drip-fed more stock so managed to pick up the Red Crayola 7" and awaiting on more copies of the 13th Floor Elevators 7" to come in.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

anyone know of any store has any more of Big Star – Third