Lady GaGa - The Fame Monster

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Lady GaGa - The Fame Monster

Post by BzaInSpace »

This is the place where the music lovers live, right?

Well, I've been caning this album for the last two weekends, and perhaps it's a mixture of the sunshine and cider but Lady Gaga ROCKS!

I'm thinking of a warped, ultra-synthetic, yet soulful, take on Prince, Queen and Station to Station-era Bowie and insanely produced R&B and God knows what else...

Great, great tunes. The music is as (subtly) psychedelic as anything I've for, well, ages...

Just amazing! I have to admit, the production style is kinda what I hoped PK and MGMT were aiming for with 'Congratulations'. Fair enough, it's certainly not, but imagine Sonic producing Lady GaGa?

Or Spaceman?

A side each?

Make it so... :lol:
O P 8
runcible
Site Admin

Re: Lady GaGa - The Fame Monster

Post by runcible »

I think having Poker Face & Bad Romance on repeat during my kids school runs has rather made this album an ordeal. I see the appeal but I'll only listen to it when the kids play it rather than voluntarily!
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Strange ... my 9 month old seems to be perfectly happy listening to Beak> with me.
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

Yeah she is certainly the one that is out there right now. Is the GaGa showing any cracks yet? All the media hacks would love to help her fall and that's unfortunate because she seems nicely streetwise and can be a mouthpiece to get some important messages across. Her music is alright in moderation and at the right time. I certainly find it far less offensive than some of these clone style brit rock cum indie guitar copycat band.

I remember having this conversation in Glasgow last week and can concur Bza likes the cider.

ROCK ON GAGA.
What more can the heart of a man desire?
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

My 3 year old is hooked. But then again she has redeemed herself (in my eyes) by knowing all the words to Tame by the Pixies.