A very unattractive reference to Jason

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

niamhm
Known user

A very unattractive reference to Jason

Post by niamhm »

whilst trawling the net decided to look for a review of a fav. album of mine and came across this pretty unedifing description of jason,nothing to do with the album or the artist,
http://www.shacknet.co.uk/?page_id=963

for anyone that cares to check out the album ,its an understated classic ,sadly ignored
Goodnightgoodnight
Known user

Re: A very unattractive reference to Jason

Post by Goodnightgoodnight »

To be honest, I would think Jason has the least to worry about out of all the people mentioned in that review.
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Ha, I think the guy who wrote that posts on another board I read. He's got interesting ones on Mansun and the tracks that should have made Urban Hymns.

Not a very attractive description, to be sure, but being an intense leader of a working drug-rock band probably does not do wonders for the impression one makes on people who aren't fans.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

I thought it was just a metaphor.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

yeah I don't think it's a literal description of Jason, just using him as a kind of metaphor.

re: the album being reviewed, I don't have that one but I do have a couple of Shack albums- and they are wondrously melodic and lovely things (if a bit too Britpop in places)- can't understand why they were never massive.
Noddy
Known user

Post by Noddy »

Brilliant album, especially X Hits The Spot, Glyniss and Jacquii (probably misspelt that) and Loaded Man.
Great band, Waterpistol is their best, forum folk should check Time Machine, Mr Appointment, Undecided and Stranger. Some of the best music of the last few decades on that album, timeless pop. I guess that they never got massive due to bad luck in places, the masters of Waterpistol went missing for several years, and didnt get a full on release until 1995.
tarzan_undies
Known user

Post by tarzan_undies »

not wanting to be a smart ass, but 'Zilch' was Shack's debut album. 'Waterpistol' is by far their best...
Goodnightgoodnight
Known user

Post by Goodnightgoodnight »

Noel Gallagher loves Shack.

Just putting that out there :wink:
helterskelter
Known user

Post by helterskelter »

also check out the Pale Fountains, the band before Shack - some really lovely, cool songs