Bowie ~ Station To Station ~ Outrageous Reissue

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

TheWarmth
Known user

Bowie ~ Station To Station ~ Outrageous Reissue

Post by TheWarmth »

Check it!

http://pitchfork.com/news/39472-david-b ... -stationi/

I'm not going to plunk down $150 of my own money for this (that's the cost per Amazon), but I'm sure putting it on my Christmas list.
beaker73
Known user

Re: Bowie ~ Station To Station ~ Outrageous Reissue

Post by beaker73 »

I agree! What's point of having the vinyl version, the cd-version and the dvda in the same package? I'll wait till one or the other turns up on the interweb.
It's seems like superdeluxe, overpriced boxsets is the record company's answer to pirate downloading, but I'm thinking they're missing something: they're still trying to make profit out of old records, cheating fans out of hard-earned money by re-releasing everything over and over again, by just turning the sound up as well as the price every time the do it. But hey, that's just my opinion :)
"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"
Guessed
Known user

Post by Guessed »

O-------M-------G!!!!!

My favourite album ever. :mrgreen:
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I don't think it's fair to say that in remastering all they're doing is turning up the volume. A lot of work goes into remastering jobs. I think the new Exile On Main Street, for example, sounds pretty awesome. Plus, there is a lot of material on this Station To Station reissue that was unreleased. There is a cheaper, 3xcd option available, too.
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

sure, this particular reissue looks good in terms of extras and using original the mastertapes (hello LAGWFIS vinyl reissue anyone? :-) ), but still: the extra deluxe version overdoes it in my opinion. It's only the geek bowie fan who's gonna buy that for that amount of money, whilst I, a regular Bowie fan, wouldn´t mind a copy of just that dvda for example. The Stone Roses album is another fine example of the reissuing disease: they've put that one out so many times, with varying bonus tracks and remastering jobs, to the point that I´m just not bothered anymore. Sure, the latest one sounds good, but I´m glad I could download it instead of buying the album for the uptenth time....
"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"