Voice Of The Seven Thunders.

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

niamhm
Known user

Voice Of The Seven Thunders.

Post by niamhm »

Whilst reading an article in The Guardian picking out artists who may or may not be nominees for this years Mercury Price my eye couldn`t help but notice Voice Of The Seven Thunderswho I`d never heard of but,apparently a superb British psychedelic album of which their doesn`t seem to many new new British bands cutting the mustard,found a download and its f8ckin` superb!!
def. one to buy wages permiting ,anyone else heard them ? needless to say it didn`t make the Mercury list announced today which is predictably pointless and f8ckin` conservative.
runcible
Site Admin

Re: Voice Of The Seven Thunders.

Post by runcible »

I have that guy's album (thank you Chris Barrus!) and it's excellent. It's really just one bloke and he's from Bolton. There is also Voice of the Seven Woods which I recommend too - slightly more laid back but in the same genre. Really interesting stuff.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Glad you and Mr Barrus are digging it ,but its kinda disappointing that a UK musician can make such a fantastic record to so little acclaim compared to the praise thats heaped on some of the shit thats around at the moment, I believe from some clips on youtube that he has a band together at the minute and pretty good they sound to .
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Maybe not teh best sound quality,bt you get the idea ,and the light shows pretty cool!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmnpBURh ... re=related
Fuller
Known user

Post by Fuller »

Saw them supporting Spectrum earlier this year, I think one of them was also in Hush Arbors?
n1alist
Known user

Post by n1alist »

thanks for the tip - just got this today - loving listening to it & moon Duo & The Frequency.
Chris Barrus
Known user

Post by Chris Barrus »

Like Runcible mentioned, I've been digging this album quite a bit (have to thank Masonic Boom for the initial tip off). This and the Ojos Rojos album are easily on my top 10 for the year.