The Official Please, Jason, Release RCMH as a DVD thread

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

squirrel
Known user

The Official Please, Jason, Release RCMH as a DVD thread

Post by squirrel »

I'm begging here. If Spin needs a cut, I'm sure most of us will be happy to pay more to cover that. Even the imperfections are great. Love the ball falling, love the walkie talkie prior to the raising of the curtain, love the slightly out of time vocals in a couple spots...all of it. It's fantastic. A live DVD is long overdue and this is the perfect occasion. Live Spiritualized is too good to not be able to enjoy it at home. Not to mention the potential for new fans that a release will bring. The press on it will be overwhelmingly positive and there's no way somebody could see something like that at a friend's house or wherever and not want to see the band live. Then you have possible airings on Paladia and satellite radio from the accompanying CD release. It's a no-brainer.
JPB
Known user

Re: The Official Please, Jason, Release RCMH as a DVD thread

Post by JPB »

I would love a cd (dare I say vinyl?) release too. Some of the versions are better than the original (Stay, don't go) and I want to hear a perfect recording of the gig! How about a double cd with an Accoustic gig?
Goodnightgoodnight
Known user

Post by Goodnightgoodnight »

Spiritualized: Live In New York City?

Disc 1 is the Radio City Hall show

Disc 2 is the Harlem Apollo Acoustic show!
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Oh yeah - except I'm not bothered about a DVD. I just want these out as official records.

Bonus album - the incredible Edinburgh 2006 Acoustic show. The whistling bastard mixed out of the sound of course. :D
O P 8
Vindaloo
Known user

Post by Vindaloo »

This would be awesome, im just listening to some of the caps on youtube and this is a proper, gritty Spiritualized on the rockier numbers. I always find that Electricity is a great measure of how well the band is clicking as the timing is so crucial and this is superb.

And that bass, OMFG, what a sound, really is great to have a bass player with a decent bit of kit. Big bottom and midrange bite...... rahhhh!!!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

add my voice to the throng.. would love this released as a DVD/CD/whatever. if i was being sentimental i would say the first RFH show as i was there but in all honesty the RCMH show seems much superior in performance and sonics.

but then i would also love a live Acoustic Mainlines album, or even a show from the A&E tour.. just want a new Spz live album in nice juicy pumped up sound, mixed by Jason.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

No offence but the Barbican shows were better in my opinion...

But a DVD would be nice.

M
Design.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Glad to hear the bass player is hitting it now. He really didn't seem to be clicking in the early shows, especially manchester, but you all know about that.
squirrel
Known user

Post by squirrel »

Was the Barbican show pro-shot? I can't speak to whether or not it was better. The only reason I'm clamoring for this release is that there were multiple cameras shooting for the stream. Well, that and it was a fantastic performance.

The bass in Radio City was a huge part of the show.
PeshoG
Known user

Post by PeshoG »

I attended the Radio City shows and the Barbican shows and I have to say that the Barbican shows sounded better, were tighter, and had a more mesmerizing light show. Additionally, the choir was way better. I would love a quality audio or video release of that show. I'm grateful to have the RCMH show as well, though. It was a magical night, no doubt.