perfect day!

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

bunnyben
Known user

perfect day!

Post by bunnyben »

Lou Reed has reportedly refused to let Susan Boyle sing his song 'Perfect Day' on the America's Got Talent TV show – resulting in Boyle leaving the USA.

According to TMZ.com, Boyle arrived in Los Angeles today (September 9) to record the show, then found out at the last minute that Reed had not given permission for her to sing 'Perfect Day'.

Boyle reacted by bursting into tears and heading to LAX to fly back to the UK, refusing to sing an alternative song for the show.

Chiefs at America's Got Talent refused to comment.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
nickh
Known user

Re: perfect day!

Post by nickh »

I have to say that the Susan Boyle phenomenon has completely passed me by like a lot of popular culture these days. I know what she looks like but that’s about it. I take a certain amount of pride in saying in the pub of a Friday evening “nope, never fucking heard of him/her/them” No one likes the stuff I like so why should I like your stuff? (and my application for the next series of Grumpy Old Men is in the post).

Hats off to Lou Reed though, it’s his song and one of his best (solo at least) songs. If he doesn’t want someone murdering it on national TV for a few quid then good luck to him. I also think that article is really funny but quite probably bullshit, would she really have turned around and gone home because she couldn’t sing a song that she had probably never heard of a week ago?
Kurious Oranj
Known user

Post by Kurious Oranj »

good for him.. she probably doesn't get the song anyway, only taking it at face value
Horrorflick
Known user

Post by Horrorflick »

She's that really "dude-like", ugly bitch, right? Fuck that. I wouldn't want her fucking over any of my material on the pig-trough that is network television these days either.
Something Wicked That Way Goes...
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Oh dear, looks like he gave in in the end though:-

http://www.nme.com/news/lou-reed/53102
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Fucking hell - 'The Hairy Angel' (© tabloid misery-hell) is calling her new album 'The Gift' - I'm hoping this means that 'Perfect Day' isn't the only Lou Reed song she's gonna cover - could the title track really be a modern re-telling of the tragic tale of Waldo Jeffers?

Even better - maybe she'll do 'Sister Ray'... or even the motherlode - 'I Heard Her Call My Name'.

Now that I'd love to hear.

Make it happen Cowell, you omnipresent, omnipotent, unaccountable King-Lizard evil bastard.

:mrgreen:
O P 8
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

'and the christmas number one is....boyle's cover of heroin!'

fuckin hell lou, surely you don't need the money that much? + she's gonna be another one to murder leonard cohen *sigh* if she is so tallented and great why can't she write her own damn songs?
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'