Paul Revere & The Raiders

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

spzretent
Site Admin

Paul Revere & The Raiders

Post by spzretent »

I found a used Greatest Hits LP today.
Sounds excellent. Lots of typical 60's psych w/great songs like Kicks and Good Thing(which were the only two things I owned by them previously).
Sounds great blasting out of the shop!
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Chris Barrus
Known user

Re: Paul Revere & The Raiders

Post by Chris Barrus »

I think I mentioned this on one of the other threads, but if there's one cover I want to hear it's Spz. covering the Raiders' "Him Or Me (What's It Going To Be?)"
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

I have a very good friend who on any given day can make a pretty convincing argument that "Midnight Ride" is the greatest American Rock and Roll Album...Ever! :D

No, I don't agree with him but I love his enthusiasm for the album. He also inspired/convinced me to search out and buy a mono version of the LP. It's a damn fine album and certainly well worth it for 'Kicks' but also their version of "(I'm Not your) Stepping Stone", which is 60's garage rock at its most explosive.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Guess I better check this record out. Should be easy to score on Ebay. Thanks for the tip.

BTW, Alan ... a friend brought me a bottle of Bell's 25th Anniversary, as he knew I'd been looking for it. I'll give it a try soon.