New iTunes

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

James T
Known user

New iTunes

Post by James T »

is it just me or is it totally bollocks? Won't let me add any songs I haven't bought from iTunes store. Having to isten to new neil young on quicktime!
redcloud
Known user

Re: New iTunes

Post by redcloud »

I have a four year old ipod and in the last year or so every update has caused problems with my ipod and even my library. I have had to strip ITunes from my computer twice and reloaded it. The most recent time I had to reload it I decided to download an older version of the software and so far so good. I can't remember which version I am running or even what the latest version is but as long as I don't accept updates it seems fine.

Lame, huh?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I gotta stick with the new iTunes for my iPhone 4... stooopid..
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

James T wrote:I gotta stick with the new iTunes for my iPhone 4... stooopid..

james that seems weird. I have no such problems.

what does it say?
Design.
nickh
Known user

Post by nickh »

No problems here, I added the new Grinderman yesterday.
Horrorflick
Known user

Post by Horrorflick »

Actually, the new itunes fixed all the problems (similar ones to what I've heard about here) I had. I just added some stuff the other day.
Something Wicked That Way Goes...
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

It doesn't say anything, it just doesn't add. It was doing it with Grinderman the other day but when I changed the encoder to aac instead of mp3 it worked. Still, got another few albums and it wont work again, no matter what file i try to import it as.
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

Make sure itunes is your default player. Also look in properties and see what kind of file it is. If it's playing in Quicktime it's most likely a flv. file. If not, try uninstalling itunes but refer to the uninstalling itunes in the apple support page before you do it. There's a certain order in which you have to uninstall itunes, quicktime, bonjour...etc.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

It is certainly my default and the files are mp3s for every album that wont upload, it's very peculiar. I will have a proper go at fixing it tomorrow.
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

I had weird problems with itunes in the past too. Uninstall / Reinstall always did the trick. Good luck.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1925
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

I put EVERY problem I have had with iTunes down to Vista on this notebook. The crappy old Toshiba notebook I use as a media server runs XP and has never given me any hassle ever. This (DELL) piece of sh*te runs Vista and craps out at every/every second auto iTunes install. I blame Vista, as I can't do anything new, iTunes or otherwise, without major hassle on the DELL. :evil:
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

You can blame windows for a lot of things
scratch
Known user

Post by scratch »

:roll: yeah let´s blame microsoft for problems with apple products..

fwiw I had no probs with itunes when I used vista (except that itunes in itself sucks)

but ya dell´s are pieces of shite (I used to work nights throwing.. ehm sry " loading" dell computers on and off a truck).
"the greatest example of self-violation in the history of art"
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I've always found dells to be fairly decent, but I got totally fed up of windows, and I'm glad I jumped ship before windows 7..

A shut down of my macbook seemed to solve this problem, try explaining that...
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

scratch wrote::roll: yeah let´s blame microsoft for problems with apple products..

fwiw I had no probs with itunes when I used vista (except that itunes in itself sucks)

but ya dell´s are pieces of shite (I used to work nights throwing.. ehm sry " loading" dell computers on and off a truck).
I've only had issues with Vista, which is the work of Satan IMHO. However, XP is rock solid as far as I'm concerned. As for the DELL, it might well be the fact that Vista is running on it that gets on my tits, but it has go to go. I am considering moving to Mac as I'm totally fed up of the issues I've had with PCs over the last couple of years.