live material available

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

SpaceLine
Known user

live material available

Post by SpaceLine »

i wanted to re-post this link from the old board, there are some nice live versions of songs available here:

http://www.cynicsonline.com/mp3/

just added the kexp radio session from this year for those who haven't had a chance to hear it. i didn't bother to split up the tracks so it's one big mp3 file. basically the same as the 2002 radio sessions except there's lord let it rain on me instead of stop your crying. the interviews between the songs are pretty funny, the poor dj.

drmnyc
Known user

Post by drmnyc »

thanks man....
I would love to hear the version of shine a light they were playing towards the end of the tour....anyone have it?
bcastle21
Known user

Post by bcastle21 »

what was the date and place of that kexp show?
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

november 8th, seattle, wa
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

This is the kinda thing I like to see. Too many traders are holding on to some really good stuff for themselves...
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

really? i've only found a few people with live material unwilling to trade, most folks seem more than happy to.
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

yeah, I'm always looking to trade.
I gotta get some stuff that Spaceline doesn't have, because he has some killer stuff that I want.......
here is the link to my list of live music:
http://www.phishhook.com/lists/dankone

if you have something that I do not, I will be happy to trade.
hit me off on my email which could be found at the top of that list.
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

I don't mean to be rude here, but that's exactly what I'm getting at. Unless you have something that traders don't (and most of them will have pretty much everything) you ain't gonna have a chance. One potentially valid viewpoint is that it can become an elitist clique.
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

Sorry, but I disagree. If you make a genuine effort, most traders will be happy to help you out. I've been trading for a few years, here are some suggestions I have for getting some lives shows.

Be nice. Sounds stupid, but when I get an email from someone who asks politely for some shows and they state in advance they don't have anything I need, I try and help them out. Yes, I have to say no to people(i sometimes get 10 emails a week) and that sucks, but don't take it personally.

Offer to send some blank cdrs and a return mailer with adequate postage. I recently started doing this myself and it makes it a lot easier for me and therefore I'm more likely to say yes. Plenty of traders will offer you this if you ask. I also suggest you only ask for a reasonable number of shows, and you could also offer to send a couple extra blanks or some cd sleeves as a thank you.

Keep your eyes open for new shows. I realize most people won't have anything I need, so when someone offers me a show I don't have, I almost always give them extra shows in return. Check trading sites occaisionally or google search, etc.

Offer to organize a distribution tree. Get some shows and send copies to 5 people, who then send to 5 more, etc. If you take the effort to share the tunes and make sure people get their cds, I'll keep you in music for some time.
Silent Corner/Empty Stage
Known user

Post by Silent Corner/Empty Stage »

I've got a few trading questions:

1.) Does anyone do DAT anymore? My burner died and I'm saving money for a new one. I want something that'll last. My computer's too much of a piece of shit get a computer burner. Besides I want a standalone so I can transfer all my DAT's easily. And no worries about those freaking gaps between the tracks that make me want to kill somebody. I know on a computer you can fix that thing easily enough (I send my discs to a buddy in Maine to fix when I get em like that...)

2.) Related to question 1, anyone have some good reccomendations on standalone burners? I do plan on getting a new computer with a burner too, from what I've been reading MP3 files are frowned upon. I've never listened to any, are there sites online that have something better for download?

3.) I haven't got much Spiritualized, but have tons of other stuff, what else are you all into trading?

Thanks - Mark
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

Yes, plenty of people are still using dat, although most new tapers are getting into the creative Jukebox 3 and laptop recording. I don't have a standalone recommendation for you, it all depends on price and functionality. I imagine you'll just need it to have a coaxial or optical input. I've never used a standalone, but somewhere in this chain you're going to have to downsample if you recorded at 48khz - maybe the standalone will do this?

Gaps shouldn't have anything to do with digital transfers, they occur when someone doesn't know the proper way to burn a live recording(most burning programs have a default 2 second gap inserted between tracks and people just learning often forget to remove these). Smaller gaps will also occur when someone makes an audio cd from mp3 sourced files and that's the easiest way to tell when you've been had.
SpaceLine
Known user

Post by SpaceLine »

Just put up another, this one is don't just do something from a live xfm session. It's with the 13 piece band that did the first LICD tour. If anyone has any info on when this took place I'd appreciate it. I know that it was recorded at Capitol's studios because the person who sent it to me got the recording from someone who worked there. Full tracklist:
Shine a light
Out of sight
Don't just do something
No God only religion
Take me to the other side.
on fire (with p & g intro)
Walking with Jesus
come Together.
drmnyc
Known user

Post by drmnyc »

sick....thanks....
drmnyc
Known user

Post by drmnyc »

can you put the whole thing up....
appledelphy
Known user

Post by appledelphy »

very nice version, once again you are the (space)man spaceline :P !

so, are u other guys/gals giving him monopoly on pleasing us non-collectors? :wink:
spaceman13
Known user

Post by spaceman13 »

If someone could explain how one would go about uploading files to the page (if it is possible) I would gladly post some stuff. :P
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Hey SpaceLine, I never asked you actually, but hopefully you enjoyed that Xfm recording?

Cheers for what you sent me too - that Shepherd's Bush show is immense, especially towards the end.

Cheers,

Greeny
eelnekwah
Known user

Post by eelnekwah »

Just like to say a big ta to Spaceline for the cynics link.Thats gotta be an Electric Mainline to die for/to on the KEXP session.Touching on the trading thread .I dont have a lot but I do have a copy of the denver gig 2003 to pass on to any traders that may have missed it(cheers for that one Steve Purespace)

Spread the love/Increase the peace