Recommendations

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

rudrud
New user

Recommendations

Post by rudrud »

I've recently discovered Spiritualized after a tip off from my boyfriend. Can anyone suggest any other similar artists that I absolutely must check out?
toomilk
Known user

Re: Recommendations

Post by toomilk »

For starters, Spacemen 3 and Spectrum.

Which Spiritualized albums have you heard?
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Verve, My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive for the spacier side.

Lots of gospel & blues for the rootsier side, and a dash of the Velvet Underground.
rudrud
New user

Post by rudrud »

I've heard Ladies and Gentlemen... and Lazer Guided Melodies. Both are great. I'll definitely check out your suggestions!
acrylicnoise
Known user

Post by acrylicnoise »

Make sure you check out Pure Phase and A&E. I'm not a huge fan of Amazing Grace. But I like the softer side of Spiritualized. I really loved (and fell in love with Spiritualized because of) Let It Come Down. I think a lot of people, possibly older fans and "purists", aren't as big on that one.

I read somewhere that Spiritualized were inspired or influenced by the Velvet Underground. I bought a CD of theirs years ago and hated it. It didn't seem similar at all.

I wonder if Polyphonic Spree could be compared to Spiritualized, but a very much more happy, positive, joyful version.

What elements of Spiritualized do you really like, I think that will help make better suggestions.
JakeCardigan
Known user

Post by JakeCardigan »

Hi rudrud,
I recommend checking out the latest posts on the Comps thread and maybe getting involved in swapping some mix CDs with people.
There are posters with fantastic musical interests on here and some who are up for swapping.

If you want to PM me I can make a CD I am doing a few at the moment
[url]http://adventuresinthesoundscape.com/[/url]
[url]http://www.mixcloud.com/adventuresinthesoundscape/[/url]