Screamadelica Live, on BBC6 Tonight!

For new sounds, old sounds and favourite sound discussion...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, runcible, spzretent

BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Screamadelica Live, on BBC6 Tonight!

Post by BzaInSpace »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00w4kck

Guess I know what I'll be listening to tonight...for anyone going to the show,
I Hope It Really Blows Your Mind This Time...
:D
O P 8
mkb
Known user

Re: Screamadelica Live, on BBC6 Tonight!

Post by mkb »

Did you hear the Weatherall 6 Music Screamadelica special? 2 fantastic hours of radio, available for download here: http://rippedinglasgow.blogspot.com/201 ... elica.html

1 - Jhalib — Mysteries of the East
2 - Los Niños Del Parque — Liaisons Dangereuses
3 - A Certain Ratio — And Then Again
4 - Jah Wobble — Not Another
5 - Can — Mother Sky
6 - Johnny Jenkins — Walk on Gilded Splinters
7 - Chairmen of the Board — Morning Glory
8 - Annie Anxiety — As I Lie in Your Arms
9 - Prince Far I & The Arabs — Homeward Bound
10 - Bill Laswell — Lost Roads
11 - Public Image Ltd. — Radio 4
12 - Nico — Evening of Light
13 - Brian Eno — From The Same Hill
14 - Gene Clark — Strength of Strings
15 - Donnie Fritts — We Had it All
16 - Dennis Wilson — Thoughts of You
17 - Curtis Mayfield — Think
18 - Pharoah Sanders — Astral Travelling
19 - The Delfonics — Didn't I Blow Your Mind
20 - Isaac Hayes — Walk On By
21 - Suicide - Dream Baby Dream
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Thanks all. This will be my Friday evening with a few drinks.

B,

M
Design.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Holy shit! :shock: Moggieboy - is that you? Eternally grateful for that set....checked the 'Ripped in Glasgow' blog a few weeks ago and it had shut shop...

I was gutted, as there was some amazing music and tales on there, and I really digged the particular emphasis on all things Weatherall...

Easily the best blog site out there. (Honourary mention to the Electric Mainline gigs blogspot also)

That listing looks amazing. Gonna check this out right now in preperation for the main event...

THANK YOU!!! :D

"Gonna dance to the music all night long
Gettin' high, gettin' happy, gettin' gone
Gonna dance to the music all night long
Gettin' up , gettin' down, gonna get it on
I'm gonna leave the life I live
I'm gonna love the life I live
Gonna get high 'til the day I die
Rama lama lama fa fa fa
Gonna get high 'til the day I die..."

A real shame I'm working tomorrow...
O P 8
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

I'm not moggieboy, no - just a fan of the blog and all things Weatherall-related.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

Not going sadly, but will certainly be listening, and doing my best to get wasted and have a good time :twisted:
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

What an amazing gig! Really wish I was there. They are on fire!

B,

M
Design.
PopeJez
Known user

Post by PopeJez »

Higher than the sun sounds fantastic!
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

This version of Higher Than The Sun is incredible!
Zenchan
Known user

Post by Zenchan »

mkb wrote:This version of Higher Than The Sun is incredible!
This x 100
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Zenchan wrote:
mkb wrote:This version of Higher Than The Sun is incredible!
This x 100

The whole things is rather beautiful!

:)

M
Design.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Don't Fight It, Feel It!

Post by BzaInSpace »

Woah. :shock:

What a show.

'Don't Fight It, Feel It' was incredible!

Hearing stuff like 'Inner Flight', in such a beautiful tripped out fashion was amazing.

And the last songs - the huge sounding 'Loaded' and the ultimate, epic take on 'Come Together' was magical and spine chilling and all the good stuff that comes with great music. When it slipped back to the 'Suspicious Minds' original version it was just something else. Would have been greater to have been there of course... gonna have to wait til the SECC in March!

Also puts paid finally - hopefully - to the daft bullshit notions the haterz like to piss about with, such as this amazing band are somehow middle of the road (which road? The Road??) or even more stupider, that Screamadelica was "a Weatherall album."

Despite being a key contributor to the whole album (as that amazing 6 Mix from Moggieboy demonstrates!) I think it's a grave injustice that Andrew Innes (and indeed Bobby and Throb) do not recieve more credit for this glorious album.

All Hail the fuckin' Scream.

Again.... :D
O P 8
mkb
Known user

Re: Don't Fight It, Feel It!

Post by mkb »

BzaInSpace wrote:Woah. :shock:

What a show.

'Don't Fight It, Feel It' was incredible!

Hearing stuff like 'Inner Flight', in such a beautiful tripped out fashion was amazing.

And the last songs - the huge sounding 'Loaded' and the ultimate, epic take on 'Come Together' was magical and spine chilling and all the good stuff that comes with great music. When it slipped back to the 'Suspicious Minds' original version it was just something else. Would have been greater to have been there of course... gonna have to wait til the SECC in March!

Also puts paid finally - hopefully - to the daft bullshit notions the haterz like to piss about with, such as this amazing band are somehow middle of the road (which road? The Road??) or even more stupider, that Screamadelica was "a Weatherall album."

Despite being a key contributor to the whole album (as that amazing 6 Mix from Moggieboy demonstrates!) I think it's a grave injustice that Andrew Innes (and indeed Bobby and Throb) do not recieve more credit for this glorious album.

They demonstrated just what a great rock n roll band they are tonight. An amazing gig.
burningwheel
Known user

Re: Don't Fight It, Feel It!

Post by burningwheel »

BzaInSpace wrote:

agreed, the original version of Come Together isn't much different than the single and US album version at all. would kill to hear the screamadelica demos, but Innes told me that they weren't any good basically
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Rama-lama-lama, fa fa fa....

Post by BzaInSpace »

Thanks to the miracles of arcane science (OK, Audacity) I tried 'taping' the gig... and it worked!

Think the levels are good, sound nice and clear and hopefully no drops through connection.

Gonna listen to it today to and from work, and I can post the mp3 at some point soon if anybody wishes...heavy shifts until later in week though so could be a few days.

Oh yeah. It finally snowed overnight! Cheers... :D
O P 8
MODLAB
Site Admin

Re: Rama-lama-lama, fa fa fa....

Post by MODLAB »

BzaInSpace wrote:Thanks to the miracles of arcane science (OK, Audacity) I tried 'taping' the gig... and it worked!

Think the levels are good, sound nice and clear and hopefully no drops through connection.

Gonna listen to it today to and from work, and I can post the mp3 at some point soon if anybody wishes...heavy shifts until later in week though so could be a few days.

Please do B. It was an amazing gig.

B,

M
Design.
burningwheel
Known user

Re: Rama-lama-lama, fa fa fa....

Post by burningwheel »

BzaInSpace wrote:Thanks to the miracles of arcane science (OK, Audacity) I tried 'taping' the gig... and it worked!

sweet. curious to hear it, the bbc 6 rip sounds great!
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Would love a download of the show!! Can't get 6Music at home (it's a digi channel right?). Comes through the laptop via iplayer but crap quality speakers mean it'll be a disappointment. So yes, load it up man!

Going to the Olympia tonight. Absolutely raging for it!! Haven't sneaked any peaks at those youtube clips but have read a few bits and pieces and it does sound truly awesome.
darynm
Known user

Post by darynm »

Have uploaded the entire show from fri night here

Hope this works for people (haven't posted anything in ages!)

Daryn

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W2G2HPFZ

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W2G2HPFZ
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

thanks a lot darynm!

there was me thinking these gigs would find the scream failing to live up to the album, and it all being a damp squib.. looks like i was being too cynical. people here usually don't mince their words and everyones raving about it!
anyway will give this a listen and make my own mind up
:)
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Sounds fantastic! Thanks for the upload.

Love the clips from the first set!
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

The gigs were a total success. Sat night was amazing. Best gig by them in ages. Emotional and euphoric with the band totally on form! Roll on next March for more of the same.
Guy Incognito
New user

Post by Guy Incognito »

Hey, I downloaded the show also but I was wondering if anyone knows what are the last two songs played in the broadcast? The first one sounds very funky and has some Primal Scream-style beats to it and the last one has a strong shoegazing sound going on. Thanks in advance!
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Hey - I know darynm beat me to it - good work pal - but as I left this uploading this morning thought i'd share my 'copy' too.

All one file, only 2 or 3 millisecond drop-outs in sound, in no way does it does it hamper a fucking amazing gig. Big cheers for the band and guests - and respect for the sound engineers on the night. Plus the BBC's legendary super-compressor... :D

One big file, no track cuts as i'm lazy. Tried to lose as much Lamacq as possible but...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HBFS5WDR

Also 'Jailbird' from the first set. What else did they play earlier? Did they do 'Miss Lucifer'???

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GJ47XMPO
O P 8
Horrorflick
Known user

Post by Horrorflick »

I can't believe the sound quality of this. Very nice job!
Something Wicked That Way Goes...
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Here's a new post of it, kindly and efficiently edited version by someone from a Scream fan forum, the concert only, separated by tracks and no DJ chatter..

http://depositfiles.com/files/j0t60kj9r

courtesy of http://anorthcountrybhoy.wordpress.com/ ... lica-live/

more Primals there... http://anorthcountrybhoy.wordpress.com/ ... al-scream/
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

This version of "Don't Fight It, Feel It" is top notch. I love the guitar work that's put into it. Then they bust out that "Hey Bulldog" riff and I peed my pants.

Wish I was there.......*sigh*
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Thanks for all the uploads folks. the Weatherall DJ set is just awesome! Not listened to the gig all the way through but had a sneaky listen to Come together and I'm gutted I couldn't make the gig on Saturday. Sounds like it would have been an incredible night! Olympia is about a mile from home too....Shocking!!!
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Love when they go into that Funkadelic riff on Higher Than The Sun. Hope to fuck they bring this to Ireland.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

enjoying this recording ,really good sounding show ,just enough reinvention to keep a much listened to album sounding fresh ,is it me or are they performing it in a slightly different order fr some reason, doesn`t bother me but seems a bit strange,cheers to those who uploaded, much appreciated
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

niamhm wrote:enjoying this recording ,really good sounding show ,just enough reinvention to keep a much listened to album sounding fresh ,is it me or are they performing it in a slightly different order fr some reason, doesn`t bother me but seems a bit strange,cheers to those who uploaded, much appreciated
they didn't play it in order
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

Bza, big thanks man, i recorded it on the V+ thingy but thats not ideal so nice one bra, sweet gig :D :D :D
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

No problem - I can't believe Audacity makes recording live radio so goddam easy! I've had a quick glance at the Youtube clip (form some punters phone?!) on the Screamadelica20.com site of 'Come Together' and the visuals look fucking mindblowing.

On the strength of this recording I finally got tickets for the March 2011 Glasgow show which should be amazing - Friday night as well! :D

Bring it on...
O P 8