J. Spaceman & Kid Millions - NYC - Sept. 11

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

good dope/good fun
Known user

J. Spaceman & Kid Millions - NYC - Sept. 11

Post by good dope/good fun »

Still amazes me where information (or there so,lack of) comes from.
Nothing on the Spiritualized® Twitter.
Nothing on the '"official" Spiritualized® Facebook.

Someone on another message board sent me this.
Regardless of where it comes from, I got 2 "table" tickets for it.

http://www.lepoissonrouge.com/lpr_event ... 11th-2013/

Hey, Spiritualized®....
You need a publicist.
Talk to me.
pale blue eyes
Known user

Re: J. Spaceman & Kid Millions - NYC - Sept. 11

Post by pale blue eyes »

good dope/good fun wrote:Still amazes me where information (or there so,lack of) comes from.
Nothing on the Spiritualized® Twitter.
Nothing on the '"official" Spiritualized® Facebook.
Hey, Spiritualized®....
You need a publicist.
Talk to me.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT!

it is absolutely ridiculous the lack information this band provides to its fanbase. no wonder i haven't been around here for ages, i never knew it existed anymore. no official website, no updated info anywhere. a useless twitter/facebook site. shit we don't even know the names of the band members.

this is something that basically needs to change, you look at other bands (even from the same era) and their websites are loaded with videos, pics, interviews, INFORMATION, tour dates. it's a shame that his fans have to scour the internet for the tiniest morsel of information about the band.

this and what appears to be more of the singer/songwriter material J. has been releasing lately is definitely loosing my interest. i know of no other band of this caliber that absolutely refuses to interact with their audience via the internet. it's a tool, start using it!

end of rant...
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

I can see why you get frustrated. To me it's not such a big deal (though I didn't lose the msg board!) but the lack of info out there available for new/occasional fans is really poor.

There's maintaining a lofty aloof nature while engaging in the use of modern information dissemination systems, and then there's amateur-looking stuff like redirecting your website to Twitter. In this day and age where everyone and his brother has a website, or at least owns a URL for email, plus with the vast number of people who are web-literate enough to set up and maintain a website, it suggests a lack of any real ambition to engage.

I dunno what the problem is with the website and comms in general, but right now the current situation looks more like shabby half-arsed make-and-mend as opposed to hipster refusnik, on the technology front at least.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

I think a new website is in the works? these things probably take time, particularly if between record labels or whatever.

that said, the old one was often never updated with new tour dates etc. I think the band could do a little better in terms of getting the word out there. otherwise no wonder the shows aren't selling out!
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

I agree the old website wasn't much good for up to date info, but it was an aesthetically pleasing and interesting work with some good content that gave the band a decent web presence.

I don't agree that these things take time - unless someone somewhere is creating a unique game-changing interactive multi-media experience, then one of the most attractive things about establishing a credible web presence is that it can be done fast and cheaply, no matter where you are in the world in relation to your base.

If it was a question of money, then use a third party like a blog site or Facebook - easy and simple to update with pertinent info such as gig details.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

A new site that is simple, informative with an easy to use CMS takes a fortnight to do properly. What I mean is a few pages with content and adding the social bells and whistles.

Amazing what you can do with Tumblr these days too.

B,

M
Design.
pale blue eyes
Known user

Post by pale blue eyes »

i get the idea of J. wanted to be aloof. but that doesn't mean the presence of the band should be aloof on the net. as someone else posted, THIS IS WHY GIGS ARE NOT SELLING WELL. maybe the band and management need to come to grips with the modern age we are living in, lord knows it took me long enough. in fact it wasn't until A Beautiful Noise started getting a fanbase outside of our hometown did i really understand the need of an updated informative website. it helped us out tremendously and got us gigs we would have never been able to without not to mention fans from around the world.

to me it just shows a large lack of respect for his fanbase, which appears to be dwindling.

sorry, this has been bothering me for ages, the last little extra bit they released was the teaser video that Ben shot (WHICH WAS FANTASTIC AND I WATCHED IT A DOZEN TIMES!) but how long ago was that? it's ridiculous. sorry, i promise the rant is over.

:(
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Here is the deal.
A new website is in the works. But when you throw a wedding and have a baby in the mix for technical person it has a tendency to slow things down. A lot.
The moderators that have regular contact with Spazed99 have been after this for some time. We finally got the go ahead a few months back and now we have yet another understandable delay.
Jason puts a lot back into his art. His recording, his packaging, touring. Hell, even having the balls to shake things up and get a whole new band.
He knows the situatiuon. He knows the web site is important. Its only recently we have been able to convince Jason and Spazed the web site is crucial and there should be an official link to this message board.
Its going to happen.
Thats about as specific as I can get at the moment.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Good lad
pale blue eyes
Known user

Post by pale blue eyes »

spzretent wrote:Here is the deal.
A new website is in the works. But when you throw a wedding and have a baby in the mix for technical person it has a tendency to slow things down. A lot.
The moderators that have regular contact with Spazed99 have been after this for some time. We finally got the go ahead a few months back and now we have yet another understandable delay.
Jason puts a lot back into his art. His recording, his packaging, touring. Hell, even having the balls to shake things up and get a whole new band.
He knows the situatiuon. He knows the web site is important. Its only recently we have been able to convince Jason and Spazed the web site is crucial and there should be an official link to this message board.
Its going to happen.
Thats about as specific as I can get at the moment.
and this is why we love you SPZretent! well done and thanks for the info and update!
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Yeah... gonna stop all the bitching and moaning now? :wink:
O P 8
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

James T wrote:Good lad
Attachments
pet.jpg
pet.jpg (5.1 KiB) Viewed 4642 times
pale blue eyes
Known user

Post by pale blue eyes »

BzaInSpace wrote:Yeah... gonna stop all the bitching and moaning now? :wink:
you just wait for the next album for some more bitching and moaning! :twisted:
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Just got an email from Spazed99. Things we be moving forward next week. Even broached the subject of US merch which may or may not happen. At least the band would see some money instead of ebay bootleggers. They would control the designs and I will take care of the rest as its much less expensive to print shirts over here than the UK.
This could be potentially huge.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

pale blue eyes wrote:
BzaInSpace wrote:Yeah... gonna stop all the bitching and moaning now? :wink:
you just wait for the next album for some more bitching and moaning! :twisted:
Whatever became of the Acoustic Mainlines film?
gonna burn brightly
for a while
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

A rhetorical question if ever I heard one.
Dave Chappelle
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Anyone go to this?
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

I did.
It was interesting to say the least.
Cool little club.
250 people. Maybe 300. That would be my guestination.

J played a few keys on the baby grand that was on stage before strapping on his guitar.
Kid Millions played some jazzy avant garde beats throughout.
J would alternate from playing while standing and sitting throughout.
Played for about 35 minutes and took a short break.
Came back and played for another 20 or so, but this part was much more subdued.
Like I said, it was an interesting performance in a very intimate setting.

And the opening 'performer' sucked so fucking bad.
It was one of the worst things to sit through.
My wife compared it to a migraine headache.
And this was right when my MDA started to kick in.