Green Man 2017

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

angelsighs
Known user

Green Man 2017

Post by angelsighs »

pretty solid first lineup announcement from Green Man. This is a festival I've always wanted to try. To be honest though I'm really hoping it also means further UK dates from some of the acts involved!

http://www.greenman.net/line-up/2017/
angelsighs
Known user

Re: Green Man 2017

Post by angelsighs »

more good acts added. Julian Cope, Trembling Bells, Daniel Johnston, Thee Oh Sees, The Shins. looking better than most other fest lineups this year in my opinion.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

RIDE and Lift to Experience added !!!

sorely tempted by this now.. but the thought of camping is putting me off a bit. can anyone who's been before give me the lowdown on what the site is like? how is it as an overall experience?
spzranger
Known user

Post by spzranger »

I've been last 2 years with the Mrs and our two teenagers and both times the weather has been iffy with a good bit of rain, but the (family) camping has been good. Plenty of space, warm showers with minimal queuing (for the blokes ones anyway). Even with the rain getting in and out of the car park was fine and distances to walk too and from the car park not too bad. We are going again this year as its pretty much the best festival around for its size. They have an excellent beer festival (all Welsh beers and ciders), although they don't seem to make any attempt to stop you taking your own beer into the arena areas.

Also if you are energetic its about a 40 minute walk along the river to the nearby village of Crickhowell which is a great little village with good pubs, a hotel and a few shops etc. If you really don't want to camp you could look to stay there (if there is any accommodation left), but you would need to book a taxi for the journey back at night. The route back to the village is not really walkable in the dark.

So yes, in short I would definitely recommend it, but don't expect glorious sunshine (although by the law of averages we should be due a drier year this time).
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Thanks a lot for the info. does sound great to me. inclement weather is not really an issue for me. I'm gonna think about it some more and try to see if any of my mates are interested.
I really do think it's the best lineup out of the bigger festivals this year. All the others are really naff.