GYBE dates (w Bardo Pond)

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

angelsighs
Known user

GYBE dates (w Bardo Pond)

Post by angelsighs »

some Godspeed dates announced for October, some of which include Bardo Pond on the bill (Transformer festival- they were quick to announce a second one of that!) and Bristol. unclear whether they are supporting for the others.

Monday 23 October Brighton Dome, Brighton

Friday 27 October O2 ABC Glasgow, Glasgow

Saturday 28 October Transformer Festival, Manchester

Monday 30 October Motion, Bristol

Tuesday 31 October Troxy, London
Greeny
Known user

Re: GYBE dates (w Bardo Pond)

Post by Greeny »

I'm taking my 11yo lad to the Brighton show for a bit of father-son musical bonding.

I would have killed for such an opportunity when I was his age (by which time I was already heavily into punk, it being 1978) but I fear he may hate it...
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Any news yet on whether Bardo Pond are support for the Brighton show? I've messaged the promoter but heard nothing :x
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

No news... which is potentially bad news. I wonder if they'll just fly in for the 'long weekend' taking in Glasgow, Transformer and London.

Can't be a lot of £££ as a support at the Dome.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

I'm praying they play Glasgow... BP and Godspeed in a single show? FUCK. ME. That will be good!
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

you guys had me worried about the Bristol date but I doublechecked and Bardo Pond are definitely on for that one. (it's on the facebook page of the venue itself)
It sucks that there's some uncertainty.. the Bristol date is inbetween London and Manchester (also with Bardo Pond) so it is possible they could just fly in for those 3 ? :/
by why wouldn't they make the most of it and do the whole tour?
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Yeah, sorry angelsighs I meant to include Bristol in my post. :oops:

It's Brighton that is unfortunately the outlier in terms of dates - a full working week between it and Glasgow...
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

just finished off a report for work (on my supposed day off!!) and now officially allowed to get excited about Bardo/GYBE on Monday :D

it seems that Bardo Pond didn't play the Brighton date in the end?

the ticket price is definitely only really a winner when you're getting both those bands
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

I had to resign myself to not going to the Glasgow show, as much as it pained me. I was looking at over £50 in tickets alone for me and the wife to go and, as you say, the draw of seeing Bardo Pond was definitely the deciding factor, so when i found out they weren't coming to the Glasgow show (seriously, why the fuck not?!?!?! :( ) i decided that i would pass.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

I can confirm that BP didn't play Brighton. Mind you, the support they did have, KGD (Kevin Doria), was excellent. Reminded me a lot of EAR...

My lad enjoyed both sets, even though both were well into "challenging" terrain. It helped that I have finally found some earplugs that fit young ears properly!

GYBE did a longish set that wasn't due to finish until 10:45. By just after 10 the lad was starting to flag, so we left having seen well over an hour of the show.

I could have made him stay (we were sitting down after all) but I want to ease him gently into "my" music, since experience says that once he turns against something that tends to be fixed for good!