Spz in Sonoma - 10/16/2017

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

toomilk
Known user

Spz in Sonoma - 10/16/2017

Post by toomilk »

The Gundlach Bundschu Winery is in the middle of all of the horrible fires in Northern California, and I'm not sure if this concert is still going to happen or not. I saw someone post a picture on Twitter of the winery's fields ablaze. Fingers crossed as this is in less than a week!

Updates should be posted on: http://www.gunbun.com/

http://folkyeah.com/#/spiritualized-sonoma-1013/

Anyone else planning on going to this?
toomilk
Known user

Re: Spz in Sonoma - 10/16/2017

Post by toomilk »

Just heard from a friend that the barn where the concerts take place at the winery has burned down.

Now we wait and see if it'll be moved to a different venue or canceled altogether...
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Moved to Terrapin Crossroads - same night (Oct.16). Owned by Phil Lesh of the Grateful Dead.

Terrapin Crossroads
100 Yacht Club Drive
San Rafael, CA
lake.st.clair
Known user

Post by lake.st.clair »

Anyone going to this show and want to carpool from SF (we'll be originating at Civic Center).

Our current plan is to either take a stupid rideshare each way, or take the 101 bus up and rideshare back after the show.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

A different set than last night!!!! Two new guys. But good to see Kev and Tom back in the lineup.

Follow me on Instagram to see a ton of videos. Hahah. Name: tunabearman

Photo of setlist says it’s too big to attach. I’ll try uploading it from my computer on Wednesday.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

From Setlist FM:

If I Were With Her Now
Shine a Light
Born Never Asked
Electric Mainline
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
Stay With Me
I Think I'm in Love
Broken Heart
Cheapster
She Kissed Me (It Felt Like a Hit)
Electricity
Let It Flow
Soul on Fire
So Long You Pretty Thing

Encore:
Come Together
Oh Happy Day
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

Good looking set list.
I’d be happy hearing that.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Cheapster / She Kissed Me / Electricity sounds amazing. Oh Happy Day is nice for beating the crowds.
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
lake.st.clair
Known user

Post by lake.st.clair »

This is Pt 1.

Pt 2 is in here: https://spiritualized.band/viewtopic.ph ... 26#p140126

We arrived via the 101 bus from SF Civic Center over the Golden Gate in the dark, then walked over to "Yacht Club Drive" through the Toyota car lots just in time to catch the end of soundcheck... "If I Were With Her Now", even outside, sounded perfect...

There was a line-up, which was good to see, and through the magic of Capitalizm managed to get ahead of most (bought our tickets from Terrapin after the show got moved).

Got in touch with Kevin aka Toomilk and had a quick meeting.

Once inside and situated, the band took stage.

The club had a great 'small venue' sound, which was not to be heard at The Fillmore (see pt. 2).

The band sounded phenomenal, with little to no error in playing, and high energy coming off the stage.

"Alan from Detroit says Hi, and he's sorry he couldn't make it" - me to Jason (for spzretent)

THE CROWD WAS 87% STIFFS and eventually Collin got into it with a group of them. The scuffle can be heard at the beginning of "So Long You Pretty Thing" in the linked recording.

Again, great to see the band at such close range and sound... 8 people on stage with Jason on the far right (stage left) as usual.

After the show when almost frustrated with the events described above, someone walked up to Collin and justified the entire shenanigans beyond what SPZ had just done... got in a stupid rideshare and bitched all the way back to the Tenderloin...