Brian Jonestown Massacre tour

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

BROKENHEART
Known user

Brian Jonestown Massacre tour

Post by BROKENHEART »

BJM gigs announced in England and Scotland, so far, including Brighton (Concorde 2) and London O2 Forum . Other towns include Bristol,Birmingham, Glasgow, Newcastle and Sheffield. All dates are for October.
sunray
Known user

Re: Brian Jonestown Massacre tour

Post by sunray »

Dublin The Academy Friday 19 October.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

will be going to the Birmingham show. Still not wholly convinced by the band on record but never seen them live so want to tick off the list
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Saw them several times in Oz and didn't like each show much. They seemed to attract a really hostile and agressive audience all hyped up by that crappy film and trying to bait Anton (successfully :roll: ) which made for a horrible vibe. The same thing happened at a show in MCR in about 2012, I think Runcible may have been at that show, but can't be sure as I was wellied. The last time I saw them was decent as the audience was largely free of cock-ends acting up.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

as far as I gather, all those antics are the past now seeing as Anton is sober and seems in control. it will be diminishing returns for people who just want to turn up to cause a ruck and see someone break a sitar or something

what a double edged sword that movie was for them!
slide_song
Known user

Post by slide_song »

saw them play a tiny club in atlanta last month after they had already played at the shaky knees festival earlier in the day. the new songs sounded really, really good.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

If you get a chance to see BJM these day (especially if it's a semi-small venue) don't spend the balance of your days kicking your own arse because you didn't bother to show up. Anton's on his game. Just sayin.
I think I feel it coming on
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Yep, PureSpace hit on the head. Anton and Company are in a different place. 20+ years of gigging will do that. Saw them last week in S.F. and they were on top of their game. Still can't stand that git - Joel.
mywhitenoise
Known user

Post by mywhitenoise »

angelsighs wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:23 pm as far as I gather, all those antics are the past now seeing as Anton is sober and seems in control. it will be diminishing returns for people who just want to turn up to cause a ruck and see someone break a sitar or something

I saw them in SF last month and Anton was so out of his mind that the band stopped playing after 5 songs. Lot of pissed off people there.
Martin L
Known user

Post by Martin L »

A good cook though... .https://youtu.be/hgwVC0lEmjU ?
mywhitenoise
Known user

Post by mywhitenoise »

mywhitenoise wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:00 pm
angelsighs wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 2:23 pm as far as I gather, all those antics are the past now seeing as Anton is sober and seems in control. it will be diminishing returns for people who just want to turn up to cause a ruck and see someone break a sitar or something

I saw them in SF last month and Anton was so out of his mind that the band stopped playing after 5 songs. Lot of pissed off people there.
Forgot to mention, he told a screaming fan last week that they sounded like a rape victim, and that that's how they were probably born...he then doubled down on twitter. Anton's still an ass.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Anton's tweets are becoming closer and closer to Donald Trump's. He's nuts. Either bigging up his ego or some weird rant against somebody or something where you can't even tell who started it