New years eve gig?

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

herman
Known user

New years eve gig?

Post by herman »

My Japanese isn't what it used to be or ever was, but for what I can make for is that Spiritualized are going to play the accoustic mainlines set in Japan on dec 31st.
"Thank you"
Jasonsmith
Known user

Re: New years eve gig?

Post by Jasonsmith »

good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

Would be stellar if someone tapes both nights.
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

good dope/good fun wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:06 pm Would be stellar if someone tapes both nights.
Robotoilet - i hope she will go and she has taped shows before.
mn_spi
Known user

Post by mn_spi »

In my memory of 30/Dec/2019

Rock and Roll
The Morning After
Sitting on Fire
True Love Will Find You in the End
Walking With Jesus
Feel So Sad
Lay It Down Slow
Baby I'm Just a Fool

An announcement;

Thanks for the support from our fans, we are honored to announce that we are going to do additional act for our Year end show.
The 30th show is a special acoustic set we arranged just for this show and with our shooting crew. For the 31st December show, we perform full set with 1,001 candles lit on the stage. We really hope all our fans in Japan will enjoy this special 2 days event.

-from spiritualized
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

robotoilet
Known user

Post by robotoilet »

veiko wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:00 pm
good dope/good fun wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:06 pm Would be stellar if someone tapes both nights.

Here's my recording of the second day. I wanted to do justice to this great show, so I only maximized the sound and trimmed some parts, no compressing or splitting (you may call it lazy... :oops: ). Just sit back and enjoy!
https://files.fm/u/txpvr55g
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

Sounds excellent and what makes it even better is that tracks are not separated. You download a personal recording of a gig where all is in one track. Brilliant. Love this approach - if you recorded it and want to share it with the whole world, then best what you can do is sharing it as one track only. Try as hard as you want, but when you cut tracks, separate them and then put the whole gig in vcl player, you still will get little holes between tracks when songs go into each other. Robotoilet - nice work again! How big was the venue and how close/far you were from the stage? Happy new year.
robotoilet
Known user

Post by robotoilet »

veiko wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:36 pm Sounds excellent and what makes it even better is that tracks are not separated. You download a personal recording of a gig where all is in one track. Brilliant. Love this approach - if you recorded it and want to share it with the whole world, then best what you can do is sharing it as one track only. Try as hard as you want, but when you cut tracks, separate them and then put the whole gig in vcl player, you still will get little holes between tracks when songs go into each other. Robotoilet - nice work again! How big was the venue and how close/far you were from the stage? Happy new year.
Happy new year, veiko! I'm really glad you enjoyed it.
It was the 1300 capacity three-floor venue that just opened last November. And my seat was in the fifth raw.
Sorry for some faulty bits. I had to switch the position of my recorder between Soul on Fire and True Love (so I had to cut out that part) and adjust it after True Love.
The show was really really great. And I felt Jason's voice was not only delicate as usual but also stronger than ever. 1000 (LED 8) ) candles on the stage, and stars and a moon on the black backdrop. Everything was so beautiful like a dream. And I still cannot believe I saw the Acoustic Mainlines in Japan.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

That sounds lovely!
ABOCA
Known user

Post by ABOCA »

A big thank you for recording and posting this. The set list appears to be the same as the Hackney Empire gig, less Step Into The Breeze & Oh Happy Day at the very end. It's a shame Step Into The Breeze was dropped as that was one of the highlights for me at Hackney, and I would have loved to have had a recording of that arrangement.

Was the line up the same as Hackney? Jason & Doggen plus 8 string players and 6 Singers?

Anyway, listened to this last night and it sounded great. Thanks again.
robotoilet
Known user

Post by robotoilet »

ABOCA wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:05 pm A big thank you for recording and posting this. The set list appears to be the same as the Hackney Empire gig, less Step Into The Breeze & Oh Happy Day at the very end. It's a shame Step Into The Breeze was dropped as that was one of the highlights for me at Hackney, and I would have loved to have had a recording of that arrangement.

Was the line up the same as Hackney? Jason & Doggen plus 8 string players and 6 Singers?

Anyway, listened to this last night and it sounded great. Thanks again.
You are very welcome!
I think the line up was the same as Hackney except 3 singers not 6. (I'm not quite sure about the number of string players :oops: )
ABOCA
Known user

Post by ABOCA »

Don't worry,the reviewer of the Hackney Empire show didn't notice how many string players there were that night and that person was presumably getting paid! I imagine that if there were 3 singers in Tokyo then there would probably only be the usual string quartet. This was the usual set up for all Acoustic Mainline gigs, with maybe the rare gig where there were 4 singers.

That's why it was a bit surprising when the curtain went up at Hackney Empire and there were twice as many string players / singers as normal. As that venue is not particularly big, my feeling was that this was to boost the sound for the proposed filming & recording mentioned by the promoters when the gig was announced. I don't recall seeing a single camera the whole night though but hopefully, an audio recording will be released at some stage!
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

Thank you for recording this robotoilet, looking forward to listening to it. Setlist looks great too! Cheers!
mn_spi
Known user

Post by mn_spi »

30/Dec/2019 - Only Jason and Doggen
31/Dec/2019 - Jason and Doggen + 8 string players and 3 singers

As for the first night, it was very short without candles(after the show, to be honest, I was so mad about the gap between the pre-explanation of the show from organizer and the actual one).
But its minimal format could have been very rare...
Pat Garrett
Known user

Post by Pat Garrett »

Thanks for posting this set. Beautiful show - one of the best acoustic mainlines sets I've heard.
evan:)
Known user

Post by evan:) »

Amazing recording thanks for sharing .... what a way to see out the decade.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

robotoilet wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:27 am
veiko wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:00 pm

Here's my recording of the second day. I wanted to do justice to this great show, so I only maximized the sound and trimmed some parts, no compressing or splitting (you may call it lazy... :oops: ). Just sit back and enjoy!
https://files.fm/u/txpvr55g
Thanks for this! Lovely recording!
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Cheers for sharing this, was never too big a fan of the Acoustic Mainline stuff but this is quite wonderful with some great versions, so thank you :D
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Looks so great. Any chance of uploading those files again?
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Just listened to this. What an incredible performance. Had chills for some of the songs (rare for a boot to do that). Thanks for uploading!