Fuzz Club Eindhoven 2020

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

Laz69
Known user

Fuzz Club Eindhoven 2020

Post by Laz69 »

Anyone heading to this? This is the first big festival i've ever really been to in recent years. Every year, whether its FC Eindhoven or Liverpool Psych Fest, i've read these great reports of all these bands i listen to and have always regretted not making more of an effort to get along.

After my friends' band, Helicon, played a few years ago, we always swore that if they were ever invited back, we would go, so we've taken the plunge. I'm like a fuckin' schoolkid on Xmas eve... and i have 6 months to wait! :D

There is supposed to be a very nice announcement for this years festival i've been told too! 8) 8) Might be a few here that want to keep an eye on it... :wink:
Jasonsmith
Known user

Re: Fuzz Club Eindhoven 2020

Post by Jasonsmith »

Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Yeah, that initial line-up announcement certainly piqued my interest. Sonic, The Heads, Acid Rooster and Verstarker....WOW!!! Only problem is it looks like we may be doing a family holiday in Northern France around the same time. Trying to juggle things but the other issue is getting there since we've given up flying (carbon footprint issues as my wife is an active member of Extinction Rebellion....plus I hate flying so I didn't exactly put up a credible argument against her, I mean our, decision!). I'm just waiting for even more amazing acts in the next announcement which will really start to play on my mind.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

The Heads and Sonic Boom is a real coup! everything else is gravy really. it's a great lineup for sure. much better than Liverpool. either of those acts would have made a great headliner there (as would Stereolab who appear to have been poached by Manchester Psych Fest).
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Going to be a weekender on 3/4th May next year. Would anyone here be up for it? Lineup dependent of course.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

sunray wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:09 pm Going to be a weekender on 3/4th May next year. Would anyone here be up for it? Lineup dependent of course.
I was booked and and eager to go to the last one before the plague hit and ruined everything for everyone. This one falls on my birthday too, so i'm interested, but really would need some decent bands to draw me over.
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

I’d be open to it, lineup depending as you say. Haven’t been to a festival in far too long
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Initial lineup announced: Night Beats, Frankie And The Witch Fingers, The Men, Crows, The Psychotic Monks, The Underground Youth, Al Lover, DAIISTAR, The Black Delta Movement, Upupayãma, Helicon, Throw Down Bones, Flying Moon In Space, The Gluts, Maquina., Los Palms and YOBS with more to be announced.

Pretty disappointing imo. Last time out they had The Heads, Sonic Boom, Pigsx7 and Acid Rooster in the first announcement. Nothing there at that level so far. The acts are grand but not terribly exciting either. I was sure the Mary Chain were an absolute certainty.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

sunray wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:24 am Initial lineup announced: Night Beats, Frankie And The Witch Fingers, The Men, Crows, The Psychotic Monks, The Underground Youth, Al Lover, DAIISTAR, The Black Delta Movement, Upupayãma, Helicon, Throw Down Bones, Flying Moon In Space, The Gluts, Maquina., Los Palms and YOBS with more to be announced.

Pretty disappointing imo. Last time out they had The Heads, Sonic Boom, Pigsx7 and Acid Rooster in the first announcement. Nothing there at that level so far. The acts are grand but not terribly exciting either. I was sure the Mary Chain were an absolute certainty.
I’m with you on that Joycey, nothing there to pique my interest really, never even considered the Mary Chain but now you mentioned it it makes total sense, now that would have me interested
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

I actually think its okay for a starter. The Men, Night Beats, Helicon, I would all be up for. without more being added it certainly wouldn't measure up to previous lineups though.
good point about the Mary Chain, assume you mean because their new album is on the Fuzz Club label.

moot point for me anyway as unfortunately I already have a holiday booked on those dates.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

angel-sighs wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:53 am I actually think its okay for a starter. The Men, Night Beats, Helicon, I would all be up for. without more being added it certainly wouldn't measure up to previous lineups though.
good point about the Mary Chain, assume you mean because their new album is on the Fuzz Club label.

moot point for me anyway as unfortunately I already have a holiday booked on those dates.
I'd be happy to see any of those acts play in Ireland but there isn't anyone major enough that would push me into travelling to it. So far anyway.
Yeah, the JAMC being with Fuzz Club for two years now made them a shoo-in in my eyes. Maybe they will still be announced.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Spiritualized announced as one of the headliners. Full line up tomorrow.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Here’s the full line up. I wasn’t even considering it but I’m seriously thinking about it now.
Attachments
IMG_0154.jpeg
IMG_0154.jpeg (359.01 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
angel-sighs
Known user

Post by angel-sighs »

Just my luck, i would also certainly consider this! But i cant make it.
Even Follakzoid who are bit of a one trick pony but i would see them again
Also depends if Spiritualized are still playing a ballad heavy set really. Lets hope they take the 'Fuzz' part to heart..
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

I’ll be there Saturday, hopefully Helicon will be too.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Not blowing me away tbh but may still go. I mean it's not as if it's shit or anything, just would've liked a few more heavy hitters.
Venkman
Known user

Post by Venkman »

Tbh, was hoping JAMC would be the surprise headliner as they've released a record on FuzzClub recently and I think are touring Europe at around that time.

Had already bought tickets so still a bonus to see Spiritualized again, although I'm hoping it's a new setlist specifically for this festival rather than the exact same one they did at Manchester New Century late last year.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

herman
Known user

Post by herman »

sunray wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:11 pm Image
Shame The Men don't play on Saturday... 😕
"Thank you"