European Tour 2022

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

Dreamweapon
Known user

Re: European Tour 2022

Post by Dreamweapon »

Has anyone heard who is due to be the support for the UK leg of the tour?
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Dreamweapon wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:56 am Has anyone heard who is due to be the support for the UK leg of the tour?
I suspect there won't be one. There hasn't been any support since A&E iirc.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

sunray wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:47 am
Dreamweapon wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:56 am Has anyone heard who is due to be the support for the UK leg of the tour?
I suspect there won't be one. There hasn't been any support since A&E iirc.
Fair enough, although just checked my tickets and it does say Spiritualized plus Support. Guess we'll just need to wait. Also hoping the set may change for the UK and include Always Together, Crazy, Let's Dance and some more of the back catalogue....
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

I'm going to Manchester and as I've mentioned before taking my 10 year old son to his first gig.

I'm also intrigued whether they may be an orchestra based on the venues that they're using in he UK - Manchester Bridgwater Hall, Nottingham Royal Concert Hall, Birmingham Symphony Hall etc....
rbuk20
Known user

Post by rbuk20 »

rbuk20 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:20 pm
I’m now offering these tickets for free. I hate for the tickets to go to waste. PM me in you can use them.

I'm going to have to cancel my trip to see Spiritualized in May. I have 1 ticket for Manchester and 2 tickets for Nottingham. I'm just selling at face value and absorbing the fees. Just trying to pay for my US shows : )
Message me if you are interested.
Peace & Love
-Royce

1 Ticket:£32.50
May 5th
Manchester
The Bridgewater Hall
Choir Circle C price
Seat D

2 Tickets: £40.00
May 9th
Nottingham
Tier 1 - Door D
Row K
mywhitenoise
Known user

Post by mywhitenoise »

Can someone please do me a favor and Shazam the songs that play over the PA before Spiritualized go up?

I wish I had Shazammed one of the earlier songs, and it’s driving me crazy not knowing what it is. These are the songs I tagged on the final date of their US West Coast tour.

Neu - E-Musik
Commonwealth Jones - who’s been here
(I think the song I’m looking for is here)
Baby Washington - Leave Me Alone
Kevin Ayers - Decadence
Betty Harris - What’d I Do Wrong
Don Covay - Mercy, Mercy
Suicide - Dream Baby Dream
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

mywhitenoise wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:33 am Commonwealth Jones - who’s been here
wow, i’m in love with these great new discoveries, thank you!
mywhitenoise
Known user

Post by mywhitenoise »

No problem, there were some great songs in his playlist! I’m pretty sure he had the same songs at the Solana Beach show, so fingers crossed they have it for the European shows, and someone can identify the rest for us! There was a really beautiful soul song in there, and I attempted to Shazam it at the very last few seconds.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

mywhitenoise wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:12 pm there were some great songs in his playlist!
i love that that’s always a true statement

by the way, thank you immensely for your 8 minute long Let It Bleed video. heavenly.
https://youtu.be/nZcnYioO8mY
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

mywhitenoise wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:33 am Can someone please do me a favor and Shazam the songs that play over the PA before Spiritualized go up?

I wish I had Shazammed one of the earlier songs, and it’s driving me crazy not knowing what it is. These are the songs I tagged on the final date of their US West Coast tour.

Neu - E-Musik
Kevin Ayers - Decadence
Don Covay - Mercy, Mercy
Such an clever idea! Any of the board members remember the hard days of finding out about Terry Riley and Gavin Bryars?
Spiby
Known user

Post by Spiby »

veiko wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:34 am
mywhitenoise wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:33 am Can someone please do me a favor and Shazam the songs that play over the PA before Spiritualized go up?

Neu - E-Musik
Kevin Ayers - Decadence
Don Covay - Mercy, Mercy
Such an clever idea! Any of the board members remember the hard days of finding out about Terry Riley and Gavin Bryars?
I certainly do remember trying to find and then finding Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet by Gavin Bryars, after a Spiritualized gig in the early 90's. I think it had been mentioned in an NME review and then I borrowed a copy from the library. I was really moved by it, but at the time I had no means of getting a copy of it - it was possibly out of print. I hadn't listened to it for years, and then driving home from my first Covid vaccine shot I was feeling quite emotional about the whole experience, feeling I'd maybe dodged the Covid bullet, so I put on Radio 3 for calming music for the drive home. Jesus' Blood was playing, and played for the full 30 minute journey home. I was in floods of tears. If you've never heard it, have a listen, and search out the back story.
mywhitenoise
Known user

Post by mywhitenoise »

Spiby wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:35 am I certainly do remember trying to find and then finding Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet by Gavin Bryars, after a Spiritualized gig in the early 90's. I think it had been mentioned in an NME review and then I borrowed a copy from the library. I was really moved by it, but at the time I had no means of getting a copy of it - it was possibly out of print. I hadn't listened to it for years, and then driving home from my first Covid vaccine shot I was feeling quite emotional about the whole experience, feeling I'd maybe dodged the Covid bullet, so I put on Radio 3 for calming music for the drive home. Jesus' Blood was playing, and played for the full 30 minute journey home. I was in floods of tears. If you've never heard it, have a listen, and search out the back story.
Thank you for this, I put it on my “Radio Spaceman” playlist and will give it a listen.
mywhitenoise
Known user

Post by mywhitenoise »

veiko wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:34 am

Neu - E-Musik
Kevin Ayers - Decadence
Don Covay - Mercy, Mercy
I Shazammed Terry Riley’s mix of “You’re No Good” when they played it over the PA at the 2014 Valentines Day shows. It closes my “Radio Spiritualized playlist” (I’ve actually wanted to make a thread about this).

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7Mip3 ... n-OGI37S9A
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

If anyone wants to meet up for drinks before the Glasgow, Manchester, Nottingham, or London shows send me a DM! I'll have JamesT in tow for a couple of them.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Bit of a bonus for us Brighton-goers (well, those of us who like that sort of thing!) - the support has just been announced as free improviser saxophonist John Butcher.

Definitely going to make sure I'm in there for that...
Feedback Forever
Known user

Post by Feedback Forever »

Just been notified that the Oslo gig, originally scheduled for 4 March, has been cancelled. What a pity! I suspect that means the whole Scandi leg is cancelled, too.
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

Just got this from the Utrecht venue
Lees hier het statement van de artiest:
"We regret to inform everyone that we haven’t been able to rearrange our European shows in a routing that works for later in 2022 and therefore refunds should be claimed from source. We're currently working hard on 2023 dates and hopefully will be able to share news on that soon."
:-(