i-Tunes Festival, March 2nd

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

spazed99
Known user

i-Tunes Festival, March 2nd

Post by spazed99 »

Spiritualized Acoustic Mainlines will be taking part in the I-tunes London session festival on Sunday March 2nd at Air Studios. The show will be recorded and released soon after on i-Tunes. Nick Cave will be playing at the same session. Tickets are not on sale but we will have a limited amount available via the site in the coming weeks.

There are also competitions at <www.ituneslive.co.uk/lineup/>
mkb
Known user

Re: i-Tunes Festival, March 2nd

Post by mkb »

“It’s great to be performing alongside Nick”, says Spiritualized’s Jason Pierce. “Shows with him always seem to raise the bar for everyone involved. It should be a good night”.

http://www.ituneslive.co.uk/march-2nd/
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

This will b great, I'm a huge Nice Cave fan. What is iTunes Live? Can we watch live?
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

:D

I'm not going to survive if I don't get a ticket for this!!! No sleep til' March then... :lol:
'Come and rock and roll me over, Let's get this damn job over.'
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

just read it again. Its Acoustic Mainlines. All this mainling is confusing me. If it was electric and I didnt get a ticket I'd weep until there was no more water in my body. this was my confirmation email for the comp.

Thank you for entering the iTunes Live: London Sessions ticket competition.

We will notify you at least 48 hours before the event if you are one of the lucky winners. Please check your email regularly.

If you didn't win tickets, we will have a limited amount of tickets available at the door each night.

Good Luck!
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

Sounds fun. Maybe I'll enter. It would be worth flying out just to see AIR
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

spazed99 wrote:Tickets are not on sale but we will have a limited amount available via the site in the coming weeks.
Will these be sold via the pharmacy? Can I be first in the queue? :D I've got my camping chair and flask of bovril...
spazed99
Known user

Post by spazed99 »

Unfortunately, i-Tunes have not given the label / band enough tickets to spread the allocation into the pharmacy...
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

... then I hope they will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis :D Maybe to weed out the touts you could set certain criteria such as a, minimum number of posts (236?) or ask applicants a fiendishly difficult question that would be difficult to answer by using the internet and that only a real fan would know such as 'What colour are the wobbly people on the Fucked up inside CD?' But seriously though, I'm just a big fan (of Nick Cave and Spiritualized, both of whom I have seen numerous times) who would really like to go to this show. And my name really is Jason...
dselevan
Known user

Post by dselevan »

Yeah I can pretty much guarantee that will be an amazing show. Nick Cave in a small place like that? I would fly to London just to check out that studio. Seeing Nick Cave and Spaceman in such a small place? How cool would that be? What is it like a dinner party?
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

If there is only a handful of tickets to spread around on here, it had better be a proper ballot and not some random "first ten people to email in after the notice appears on the site" type thing!

Not that I'm going to be doing anything other than clicking on the main page every hour or so until it does anyway...

:wink:
mark
Known user

Post by mark »

available at the door
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Booked my travel there and back. Will it be a decent length set played or just support/collaberation? I have never seen Spiritualized and am very excited
spazed99
Known user

Post by spazed99 »

The band will be playing approx 8 songs. A few tickets have been made available to the site and will be distributed via some sort of lottery system....
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

8 songs is good enough for me, although "approx" makes me hope for more rather than less. I am desperate to get some tickets seen as I have booked my travel which is none-refundable. Is there any method of being entered into this lottery you speak of? I need to see J and the gang before I get hit by a bus or something equally unfortunate.
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

You can get tickets in a charity auction http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/auction/1 ... 5FB83D2/1/
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Yeah I was bidding but now it's just a bit too much for me to afford seen as I'm travelling from Manchester and had to pay for travel etc... too. I'm really hoping I can get in, shoud be an amazing night!
LunarTunes
Known user

Post by LunarTunes »

Will this be available through ALL iTunes stores (specifically iTunes Canada?) or will us non-UKers have to get this, um, illegally?...

Peace.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

So I am getting very eager. Is there definately a small amount of tickets on the door if I don't manage to get any beforehand? Any info is greatttttt.
Phased Out
Known user

Post by Phased Out »

can any insider give me a rough idea of time schedule for the show ?

eg : if i go down on spec from midlands, will i be able to get last train back from Euston at 23.40 ?

i know its only 4 stops or so away, but if its gonna be a late one then obviously i have to make alternate plans

thanks in advance!
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

The NIck Cave website is running a lottery for tickets, entries must be in by midnight tonight!
Win tickets for iTunes Live
For your chance to win a pair of tickets to see Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds as part of the iTunes Live Festival at Air Studios in London on Sunday 2nd March just email your name and daytime telephone number to nickcaveandthebadseeds@googlemail.com with iTunes Live in the subject line. The competition closes at midnight GMT on Thursday 28th February and entry is subject to the following conditions: Winners must be over 13 years of age. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Prizes are not for reseale or redeemable for cash. Each winner will receive admission for two people. Both people will need to arrive at the venue at 6.45pm with identification to claim the prize.
spazed99
Known user

Post by spazed99 »

Spiritualized 7.45pm - 8.30pm

Nick Cave 9pm - 10pm.
Phased Out
Known user

Post by Phased Out »

cheers spazed99 !

sounds good
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Did I miss the Spiritualized website allocation of tickets for this thing being up for grabs???

Getting a bit late to put 'em up for the "lottery" now - Nick Cave's site did theirs yesterday as an earlier poster on this thread pointed out.

Didn't win one of those bastards either.... :evil:
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Have the nick cave lottery winners been announced?
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

James T wrote:Have the nick cave lottery winners been announced?
Not announced, but the winners were gonna get called, and my mobile has been notably silent....
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

last.fm winners have been announced. Me and my mate havent won any of those pairs either. I am very gutted, I have wasted travel and bed money!
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

I hope that James T gets a ticket/pass for this gig. I can attest, it isn't the best of scenarios to waste money on travel and accommodation.

I don't want to go, no interest in this although I do realise it will be a fantastic night. And even less interest in listening to it via i-tunes afterwards. What do you need to do ? Download i-tunes, have a PayPal account and for what ? The benefit of being able to buy some MP3 files. No thanks. Even if they were free to download I'd still not bother. For me the Acoustic Mainlines ended Dec 9th at the Union Chapel and it had gone full circle by then. If it got released on a physical format, i.e, CD or Vinyl then yes, I'd buy into that. But MP3's, well thanks Spiritualized, but definitely No Thanks.
What more can the heart of a man desire?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

One of the winners on last.fm is unable to go so they have asked for the guy to free up their tickets for another person. I have messaged and hoping to god that I manage to get them. Fingers crossed ey.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

James T wrote:One of the winners on last.fm is unable to go so they have asked for the guy to free up their tickets for another person. I have messaged and hoping to god that I manage to get them. Fingers crossed ey.

I hope you get the tix!!! I'll cross my fingers for you too... If you don't- try to get some on the door. It was advertised that there will be some. I'd go early though, Nick Cave fans are usually far more eager than Spz fans so I can think it will be tricky...I didn't win any either, but I'm hoping I'll get in somehow.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I cant be at the venue til about 1/2pm as I am from manchester and am doing my DJ night the night before. Which by the way, if anyone lives in manchester is very good! haha. Yeah, I really need to get into this gig. Good luck to anyone who tries also.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

Do these gigs take long to go up for sale after the event?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Couple of months I think.

Still havent managed to secure a ticket for this, if anyone know anyone with a spare or anything please let me know. I'm setting off very early morning so I will check back tonight.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Fuck, what a waste of time this will be.
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

Is there any idea of when the gig will be available on Itunes? Also, can anyone who managed to get into the gig let us know the 8 songs played? Cheers!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I GOT IN! It was very good, Nick Cave was fantastic too. I even got a setlist which was nice....

Sitting On Fire
Lord Let It Rain On Me
True Love Will Find You
Cool Waves
Walkin' With Jesus
Death Take Your Fiddle
Going Down Slow
Soul On Fire
Anything More
Ladies & Gentlemen
Broken Heart

I think You Lie You Cheat was played after Sitting On Fire but the setlist doesn't list it and I don't trust my memory
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Any idea when this is going to be released. Be nice to hear a soundboard recording. Was it a good gig?
LunarTunes
Known user

Post by LunarTunes »

If the 2007 iTunes Festival is anything to go by, the various EPs were available in the iTunes store starting about a month after the Festival began. The 2007 Festival took place in July and the iTunes Store started releasing them in early August and continued staggering the releases for the next 3 months. In other words, unless someone can give us a definitive date, the Spiritualized performance should be available sometime between late-March and mid-July this year...

Peace.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

James T wrote:I GOT IN! It was very good, Nick Cave was fantastic too. I even got a setlist which was nice....

Sitting On Fire
Lord Let It Rain On Me
True Love Will Find You
Cool Waves
Walkin' With Jesus
Death Take Your Fiddle
Going Down Slow
Soul On Fire
Anything More
Ladies & Gentlemen
Broken Heart

I think You Lie You Cheat was played after Sitting On Fire but the setlist doesn't list it and I don't trust my memory

:D Congrats on getting in! I'm so glad you did!!!

I think that set list is correct, but then again, my memory is probably worse than yours. I do recall it was a great night. I was a bit worse for wear when I got there. The previous night I had my ex's 40'th birthday to deal with, which turned into a wasted, fun and gut wrenching affair. Like having your life flash before your eyes without actually dying at the end of it. And then hours of throwing up... but I digress. Regardless of absolutely being in the worst state possible to hear something like 'Broken Heart' I had a fantastic time. The 'Fools Rush In' bit was great as always and so was the rest.

And yeah, Nick's gig was great too, although totally shambolic and unrehearsed (it seemed). The Bad Seeds are very entertaining to watch under any circumstances. I liked most of the new songs they played, there was a couple that were perhaps too straightforward musically speaking- but never lyrically. I also feel very happy/grateful I got the opportunity to talk to Mick Harvey after and he's someone I've admired for a long time, so that was really cool.
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

Out of interest, how did you guys get in?

I see the promised tickets for here never materialised....
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I got in because my friend queued up outside the venue for me from 3pm. I was supposed to be in London by then but I fell asleep and missed my coach so I had to book another. I got the the venue a few minutes before doors were due to open. It was all very lucky for me, getting from manchester to london with literally only about 10 minutes to spare is very stressful, especially with national express as they seem to attract the wrst traffic conditions without fail.

I think most of the people queued outside got in, if not all of them. I have some great videos and pictures so maybe I'll be able to post them when I get back to Manchester.
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

James T wrote:I am from manchester and am doing my DJ night the night before. Which by the way, if anyone lives in manchester is very good! haha.
Where does this DJ'ing take place ? A future trip to Manchester is being thought about ?

Good to hear you and also sunny got into the gig. Shame Greeny didn't and anyone else who had hoped to try and make it with the promise of a few tickets being made available.
What more can the heart of a man desire?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I do it at Cord Bar in the Northern Quarter, I am gonna do it in London soon too I think, just sorting a venue. http://www.myspace.com/onestepmore

But yes, enough of that. I really enjoyed this gig and can't wait for May now. I reckon I'll like the Electric Mainline shows more, it was nice to see J do the songs acoustic and stripped down but certain songs just need more noise to reach their full potential live.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

James T wrote:I do it at Cord Bar in the Northern Quarter...
Christ, what's that all about! I know nothing of Manchester but "Northern Quarter" sounds very European influenced...is this something that's changed of late or has it always been that way. I'm genuinely keen to know.

Up here we have North-side, South-side, West-End & East-End....and the Pink Triangle...so i've heard. :arrow:
Shoulders back, smash it
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

The Northern Quarter has been knocking around for a while now. It's around Afllecks Palace and stuff. Loads of trendy overprices but quite good bars. Needless to say it is in the north of the centre.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

From the Spz myspace page:

Mar 6, 2008 1:02 PM
Subject: Spiritualized Itunes concert
Body: FYI, The Spiritualzied i-tunes concert EP, recorded live at Air Studios, will be available on March 11th. It is being mixed and mastered right now.
I think I feel it coming on
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

purespace wrote:From the Spz myspace page:

Mar 6, 2008 1:02 PM
Subject: Spiritualized Itunes concert
Body: FYI, The Spiritualzied i-tunes concert EP, recorded live at Air Studios, will be available on March 11th. It is being mixed and mastered right now.
I can't see that - is there more than one Spz myspace site???
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

There are several, but this is the official one:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... 3d09b99c71

Also, it was sent out as a Myspace Bulletin, so you may have to have them as a friend or however that works to get the Bulletins. What I posted was a direct copy/paste of it.
I think I feel it coming on
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

[eidted post as I was talking no sense what-so-ever]
Last edited by James T on Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPB
Known user

Post by JPB »

Do we know the track listing for the i-Tunes EP yet?
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Tracks will include: Lord Let It Rain On Me, True Love Will Find You In The End & Death Take Your Fiddle + 2 others.
spazed99
Known user

Post by spazed99 »

EP release has been put back for one week to Monday March 17th.