Sonar 2008 - 19, 20 & 21 June

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Sonar 2008 - 19, 20 & 21 June

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

All,

tickets available now and line-up to follow shortly. http://www.sonar.es/portal/eng/home.cfm

Anyone have this planned for the summer?
Shoulders back, smash it
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Re: Sonar 2008 - 19, 20 & 21 June

Right, just got the latest newsletter through and I'm excited and dissapointed in equal measures about the line-up so far.
In typical Sonar style they have themed this year under the banners of "female factor" and "hybridism".

Whilst the "female factor" aspect delivers for the majority; Roisin Murphy, M.I.A and Goldfrapp (hmmm).
The "hybridism" delivers false hope and I feel just an extension of last years nonsensical nu-rave approach; Justice, Yelle, Diplo and some other DIY bands that have taken the baton from IMO FatboySlim. It's a vial of adrenaline for the wasted generation.
On a lighter note there are some collabs that have caught my eye; the Cullum bros. and Darren Emerson being one and a couple of encounters Jeff Mills & Mike Banks (Underground Resistance/The rings of Saturn) and Yazoo!!! Yes another female Alison adding weight to the "that factor".

Stand-outs (so far) will be Miss Kittin, Flying Lotus and Frankie (the godfather) Knuckles. Hopefully a few more heavy-weights sign up in the months to come as at present there is about 12Hrs of stuff to keep me occupied (at night) over the three days. Daytime will be mostly spent "chin-stroking" my way about the galleries/installations/happenings.

In typical style they'l ignore the "berlin lot" until the last minute when they realise the show can't go on without them. I see a few startling omissions from the warmth they are trying to bring to the electronic side and in particular; Delay as Uusitalo, AGF, The Field and Mayer who have added some heat and lava too what was previously icy production + it is Minus anniversary and would have assumed that they would be rollin' out.

Anyway...
Shoulders back, smash it
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Couple of additions in the latest news letter;

Yellow Swans playing and keen to here Leila; new signing to Warp with an apparently sound debut album. :arrow:
Shoulders back, smash it
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

additions in the latest news letter;

Yellow Swans playing
They are very good in concert.
What more can the heart of a man desire?
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Line-up/Billing so far found at http://www.sonar.es/2008/eng/prog/concerts2.cfm
Shoulders back, smash it
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

eleKtroniK:musiK wrote:
In typical style they'l ignore the "berlin lot" until the last minute when they realise the show can't go on without them. I see a few startling omissions from the warmth they are trying to bring to the electronic side and in particular; Delay as Uusitalo, AGF, The Field and Mayer who have added some heat and lava too what was previously icy production + it is Minus anniversary and would have assumed that they would be rollin' out.

Anyway...
As expected latest additions are as follows;

NEW ADDITIONS TO SÓNAR 2008

Matmos (live/US)
Pan Sonic (live/FI) :D
The Field (live/SE) :D :D :D
Bass Clef (live/UK)
Ewan Pearson (dj/UK) :D
Rob Da Bank (dj/UK) :D
Christopher D Ashley (live/UK)
Shape Of Broad Minds (live/US)
El Guincho dj set (dj/ES)
Chacho Brodas (live/ES)
First Aid Kit (live/ES)
Nisei vs Za (live/ES)
Dj Take (dj/US)
Blackjoy (dj/FR)

SHOWCASES

MINUS presents CONTAKT
Richie Hawtin (dj/CA) :D
Troy Pierce (dj/US) :D
Magda (dj/US) :D :D :D
Marc Houle (live/CA) :mrgreen:
Gaiser (live/US)
Heartthrob (live/US)

FLOGSTA DANSHALL & HARMÖNIA present SKWEEE
Rigas Den Andre, Pavan, Joxaren and Daniel Savio (live/SE)
Randy Barracuda, Mesak, Sla and Eero Johannes (live/FI)

CAPSULE
Pram (live/UK)
ZX Spectrum Orchestra (live/UK)
:arrow:
Shoulders back, smash it