Cambridge The Junction

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

ABOCA
Known user

Cambridge The Junction

Post by ABOCA »

Surprisingly tickets are still available for this. They're only 15 quid and you can be one of the first to see the all new electric line up and get to experience the, as yet, unanounced set list before someone posts it on here. Also it's only 45 minutes from London and it's on a Sunday and if you don't want to come back after the gig there's a travelodge right next door. Also, I might have a spare ticket if anyone wants it for face.
angelsighs
Known user

Re: Cambridge The Junction

Post by angelsighs »

I'll be there, I'll be staying at the travelodge (makes me think of Partridge) and i'll be slapping the setlist on here faster than you can say "no John Coxon".
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

Im going too. Think im going to drive. last trains at 11.15 back to London. cutting it a bit fine. travel lodge could be an option though?
ABOCA
Known user

Post by ABOCA »

Ah-Ha! Yes the Travelodge is definitely more Alan Partridge than Rock 'N Roll, even though Julian Cope swears by them. But, after I had to reluctantly leave the Cambridge Corn Exchange gig in late 97 or early 98 half way through Cop Shoot Cop to just catch the last train back to London, I'm not taking any chances this time. (Fortunately this was during the period when Spiritualized would play Cop Shoot Cop at the end of the set - and not when they would open up with it). To make it worse I found out later that Cop Shoot Cop wasn't even the last song played that night, and apparantly I missed These Blues as well and have never seen it played live since.

Also, when I booked the Travel Tavern, sorry, Travelodge this time, it was only 29 pounds for a double room! As I think Alan Partridge once said after receiving some particulrly good news - "That calls for a celebratory wank".
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Ah that sounds gutting- they didnt often play These Blues on the Ladies & Gents tour did they?

You should join the crew in the travellodge simonkeeping. Who knows maybe J is even staying there- hope he doesn't get bored and dismantle his corby trouser press..
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

I'm staying at another hotel just down the road, does the travelodge have a late bar open to non-residents? :D
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

You should join the crew in the travellodge simonkeeping. Who knows maybe J is even staying there- hope he doesn't get bored and dismantle his corby trouser press..
chaos! Can you imagine, im sat eating a tuna sandwich. Jason's trying to find the re-run of Sundays Corrie on the TV. Angelsighs is accidentally knocks over Jasons can of cola and the staff are knocking on the door wondering who's stolen the clipboard from reception. I tell you what I'd be signing up on the travel lodge website right now tif this was ten years ago. not today though, Its a young mans game.

Poor quality humour aside, I think im going to drive so I can get into work in the morning. And then prepare mentally for Tuesday at the Koko. Its not going to be the same not drinking lager at a gig though :roll:
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »