Irish shows

This is where upcoming information on gigs will be posted.

Moderators: runcible, MODLAB

evilivor
New user

Irish shows

Post by evilivor »

Playing two dates in Ireland in October. Cork’s Cyprus Avenue on October 18 and Dublin’s Vicar Street on October 19.
sunray
Known user

Re: Irish shows

Post by sunray »

Could someone please explain to me how ticket prices can jump 50% in a couple of months? They played Tripod in May for €22 and then in July tickets are released for the Vicar St. gig scheduled for October and they cost €33.60!!! I'd understand if a Spiritualized appearance in Ireland was a rare thing but it's not as they'll have played Dublin,Belfast,Cork and Kilkenny this year alone and have played regularly in Ireland down the years. I dunno, 50% increase just seems like piss-taking of the highest order. :evil:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
spazed99
Known user

Post by spazed99 »

The last Dublin show was supported by a sponsor for a series of shows at the venue which kept the ticket price down...
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

€33.60 is still good value for a band like Spiritualized, considering the shocking prices of tickets here. I'm seriously considering doing both... :D
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

spazed99 wrote:The last Dublin show was supported by a sponsor for a series of shows at the venue which kept the ticket price down...
Ah right, that seems plausible. Just a big shock to the system to see such an increase.
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

To avoid the handling fees

Sound Cellar
47 Nassau St
Dublin 2
Tel : 6771940

fuck ticketbastard where the sun dont shine
Mistydoog
New user

Tickets left for Spiritualized Kilkenny?

Post by Mistydoog »

Anyone know if it's sold out yet - no joy on the Ticketmaster site ...
sunray
Known user

Re: Tickets left for Spiritualized Kilkenny?

Post by sunray »

Mistydoog wrote:Anyone know if it's sold out yet - no joy on the Ticketmaster site ...

You could try here: http://www.kilkennyarts.ie/booking/index.html
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

all booked up and ready to roll down to kilkenny.

hearing word of the cork show having sold out. is this correct?
is it wrong of me to be going to every irish date this year? is that a bit much? a bit overkill? i've been undecided about going to these october shows but then when i hear some of the bootlegs they're on mighty fine form and it's only money and it's only music so i tend to convince myself it's no big deal. is it a big deal? is it too much?
gonna burn brightly
for a while
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

jack white wrote:and it's only money and it's only music so i tend to convince myself it's no big deal. is it a big deal?
That's what i kept saying to myself while flying to NYC to go to the Apollo last year, so you are doing the right thing Jack White, absolutely the right thing. Going to Kilkenny ain't too bad, only £56.00 return... :roll:
What more can the heart of a man desire?
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

well, that was acoustic mainlines in the apollo. that was a good call on your part, no doubt.
but this is just rock n' roll. but i dunno. it's all in good fun i suppose and that can't be a bad thing.
we'll see my mood come october when those other shows are closer. just looking forward to kilkenny at the minute. had a busy couple of weeks but it's all cleared now and just waiting for the weather to improve with my mood. it'll be good.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

jack white wrote:all booked up and ready to roll down to kilkenny.

hearing word of the cork show having sold out. is this correct?
is it wrong of me to be going to every irish date this year? is that a bit much? a bit overkill?
According to ticketbastard there's currently no tickets available for Cork so i checked Cypress Avenue's website and the gig isn't even listed there,so it looks like it is sold out. I did get a ticket for Vicar St. today though, there seems to be plenty left for that.

As for overkill ? Well, if they're continuing to blow you away i would say keep going. I shall be at Kilkenny myself but to be honest it's the cathedral that's selling it to me, if it was an ordinary venue i'd be staying at home. I think 3 times (plus the last 2 songs at Glasto) this year will be enough for me. If the Kilkenny gig doesn't do it for me i'll probably get rid of the Vicar St. ticket. Who am i kiddin'? I know full well come October i'll be wanting to go. :roll:
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

sunray wrote:to be honest it's the cathedral that's selling it to me, if it was an ordinary venue i'd be staying at home.

Same here. I saw the Nottingham AM and that was something, but electric at this cathedral, well that's just too good to let it pass. And i don't care much about ordinary venues now, although i might get a ticket for Manchester just because it falls on a Saturday, and Manchester is a good late night out on a Saturday night.
What more can the heart of a man desire?
squire23
Known user

Post by squire23 »

Nice one. They're coming to the real capitol!